September 19, 2014 | 1288 users online

Blush - Bourjois - Lune D'or

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by sansob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this stuff i nominate it as the best blush in the whole world for all the available shades. but i give it 1 for packaging coz the lid broke the very next day i bought it. :((

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2007 12:28:00 PM More reviews by im3ld4_87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is a beautiful peach blush, it is very natural but the color is buildable. Love the smell now (in fact I hate the smell when I bought it). Look very shimmery in the pot but appear not so shimmery at my cheek. Love the packaging though, but I have to admit that the brush is useless. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by vc321

This is my first Bourjois purchace, and I am quite pleased with it. I am a fan of its vanilla scent (conjures up cravings for fresh-baked cookies) regardless of some of the opinions I've heard to the contrary. The color is incredibly subtle--so much so that I feel I have to slap it on sometimes just to see it. I think this may be due to the fact that it 'hardens' a bit. I'll have to try and scrape it a bit as others have suggested. The natural looking flush it provides is extremely flattering. Overall the color, packaging, scent and price are very appealing!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2007 5:16:00 AM More reviews by prettyelectric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is my single only slightly negative review of a Bourjois product.. I adored the selection of summery shades Bourjois had to offer blush-wise, and it took me such a long time to figure out which one I wanted, but I finally came away with Lilac D'or and I was glad I did. When trying these on in the store, I noticed that the "TESTERS" were all solid... but I guessed this was simply a consequence of the products being lidless, constantly exposed to the enviroment, and having gone through a lot of dirty fingers - so I didn't think much of it. However, after regular use - which all went smoothly - the colour suits me perfectly, I love the packaging (!)... seems like I'm in a minority with that one ;), the pretty scent, and I love the mirror, (but never use the novelty-but-nice applicator brush that comes with this) - the surface of the blush begins to harden!... much like the testers did in store, despite the fact I've looked after this blush perfectly. The cracked surface darkens and becomes very hard to use. I have to scrape off the surface a little to get a half-decent application onto my blusher brush, which I can't be bothered with. Not worth the money :( even though the colour is gorgeous, I just can't be bothered with the troublesome texture of this powder.. and also, the blusher has actually fallen out of it's compact, so that kind of sucks... I've only had for 2 weeks.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 6:52:00 AM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a cute brand.Everything is appealing with containers and colors.This is my first product with them and I love this blush,gives you a neutral golden look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by redheadedhottie

This blush is actually a very good blush. I love the fact that this blush is a "baked" powder, which eliminates oils and makes the product non-flaky (and you don't waste a lot of the powder through this process!) The Lune D'or shade is a fantastic, universally flattering shade that provides a neutral (and never fake) fresh flush to your cheeks. I also love the light amount of shimmer this product delivers--it gives your cheeks a healthy glow! I don't mind the smell, it's totally retro and it doesn't linger after you put it on. Definately will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2007 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Lady_Oscar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful peachy golden blush, that looks extremely natural on my extremely pale skin and provides a perfect, barely-there healthy glow. The texture of this blush is a bit on the dry side, as other girls mentionned, so one lippie off, but other than that, I really like it. I also love the rosey-musky powdery scent, kinda adds a retro feel to it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by shinygolden

"Golden Moon"--that's a lovely poetic name for this blush. It is radiant, and it does have a beautiful pinky golden color. It gives me (PPP, NC15), a nice glow, but I need a couple of applications to get it. The brush that came with it is super cute, but not that useful--but I don't think I have ever used brushes that come with e/s or blush except for MAC's.

That said, the texture of this blush leaves a little to be desired. At first I thought it was just super sheer, but as other ladies here have mentioned, scraping at the top will loosen it so that you can get a decent application. Others have also complained about the scent. I happen to love it, and I'm not an old lady. ;) To each her own--I would try before buying and not be scared off by the impressions of others.

I haven't had problems with the packaging. Bourjois products come with almost no secondary packaging, but that means I have less to throw away. I'm careful with the latch on the little compact, and so far it's held up.

I took off a lippie for the texture, but otherwise I love this. Will purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

A lovely light golden peach colour in a matching and very cute compact. The colour just looks like a soft and healthy glow on my NC25 skin. The compact with mirror is easily breakable, and the brush isn't all that great (although convenient for touch-ups during the day). I don't mind the strong fragrance as it disappears quite quickly after application, but I do hate the fact that I have to scratch the top every so often to get at the colour. Some MUAers have likened Bourjois' blushes to Chanel's Joue Contraste just because they're from the same company - other than the dome-shape I don't think they're alike at all - especially with regards to the texture. I will repurchase however, as they're quite cheap and this is a lovely colour.
UPDATE: gave up on this one after scraping so many times.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 10:22:00 PM More reviews by manslayerliz

Pros: Reasonable price ($13.50), GORGEOUS beigy-pink color with gold shimmer that looks very natural on my PPP skin, cute travel-friendly case complete with mirror. Cons: The overwhelming baby powder/musky/perfumey smell!! Who's idea was it to make this blush so heavily fragranced???? They need to tone the smell down by about 10 notches, but otherwise this blush is HG. I've never used a blush that's so natural on me. When I wear it it doesn't look like I'm wearing blush, my face just looks radiant.