September 16, 2014 | 1757 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - All

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Lemonazo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love paintpots! If you use them with a primer underneath like UDPP or TFSI, they don't move all day. I prefer the matte ones like Painterly or Girl Friendly since they do a good job of covering up the veins on my eyelid, and they stay in place. I've used some of the shimmery ones, and they crease within a couple of hours. I'll still use them if I'm not worried about creasing that day. I'll definitely repurchase when I run out, but it will be a long while since these last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by hermommy09

HG HG HG!!
I dont go a single day without wearing a mac paint pot. they truly keep my shadows crease free, theyre pretty inexpensive, and the come in a variety of colors! I will continue to buy until i have them all! so far only 4 and 2 on the way in a swap! love them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I have Painterly and Perky, and I love them both. They are amazing as both primers and bases. I use Perky (a light coral) for pink or coral-based looks, and sometimes under neutrals. For everything else, I start with Painterly. They do such an amazing job of keeping shadow crease-free and vibrant all day. They are much better than other primers I've tried (Lumene, TFSI, UDPP) - they were all good, but not THIS good.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by mimie

I wasn't using an eye primer since last month that i bought this (mostly because i was curious to see what is so amazing about it).I can say i wasn't amazed from the 1st use ,until one day i forgot to use it before my eyeshadow.I had a spesific look on my eyes which i also did the day before ,so i knew how it was supposed to look.Seriously the difference is huge!the seperation between the colours was a mess and the intensity fade very quickly.I highly recommend getting one and i am definately never quit using my one.
I have it in bearstudy that has a pearl finish and its a neutral colour so i can combine it with every colour of eyeshadow, but i also would like to get some paintpots in other colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by xxBeautyObsessedxx

Paint pots are a great base eyeshadow. I like to use a primer underneath the paintpot for extra staying power, my eyeshadows stay on all day and never crease. I have 5 of them, but a couple are really dry and don't blend well at all, i don't know why because the others are fine. Apart from that, I really love them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love mac paint pots because they make such a great base to make your eyeshadow colors show up better and look more intense. You can also wear a paint pot by itself. They're so easy to apply. Just use your finger to blend it over your eyelid, but make sure you use a thin, even layer or it might crease. If you are going to apply a thicker layer, wear another primer underneath like UDPP. Paint Pots come in so many beautiful colors, but I wish there were even more. I have Blackground (black w/ shimmer), Bare Study (shimmery champagne), Constructivist (shimmery dark brown), and Rubanesque (metallic peachy gold).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by olygirl04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MAC Paint Pots are the bomb! I think they do this "finger painting" type cream for eye shadows better than other brands. You don't a primer and you can blend with powders or with other pot paint colors. I am especially impressed with the color selection- so varied and fun.

I have Constructivist (purplish taupe) and Delft (turquoise blue green). It's best to see them in person as each color is multi-dimensional. I'm tempted to obtain a couple more in other color ranges like a reddish tone and a deep purple. I like to wear them alone with black eyeliner when I'm rushing to get ready in the morning and I love using my fingers for the applications. I think a concealer brush works well too. My fingers allow me to apply widely in the grand space between my lashes and eyebrows. I think everyone should get at least one of these- I'm certain you'll use it. This is one of MAC's greatest products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

This product is the most long-lasting eyeshadow u can ever find, i have blackground and it's so long-lasting that when i sweat in the gym it just stay put and never smudge or whatsoever, and the color just last all day without creasing and trust me as i have the most oily eyelid u can ever find!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by chickflickhehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit 4/18/10: I've changed my rating from a 3 to a 4 because I just got a pp in Greenstroke and love the texture of it. It's creamy and spreads easily unlike the pp in Soft Ochre I had last year. I wish the formulations were more consistent but what can you do.
-----
Paint pots obviously are faves of so many but after months of use, I've found that it's just not for me. My lids are naturally on the dry side, but they just serve to dry them out even more. I hate being paranoid about my paint pots drying out on me as well. I think it's more practical to just use a primer like TFSI that's in a tube (that's more moisturizing as well). It's nice that these come in so many different colors, but you can just use different eyeshadow colors to the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by jennalenna

LOVE THESE! Ive got Soft Ochre, Greenstroke, Groundwork & Rubenesque. The generally dont crease on me until after 8 hours, which I think is really good! My favourite is soft ochre because it evens out the colour on my lids, and I can put anything on top of it cause it almost matches my skintone. Greenstroke is SOO pretty, silvery-green, you can use it under any green/blue! I use Rubenesque until shimmery eyeshadows and it looks amazing! Groundwork I use for light smokey eyes, and I love ALL the paint pots!