October 22, 2014 | 1334 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

mac mineralized skin finish: I decided to be a little adventurous and try out some MAC powders (one of them being the mineralized skin finish). At first, I was slightly hesitant because MAC face products such as their primers and foundations tend to break me out . The only thing that really works for me are their concealers (which I really love). Anyways, I decided to go with the MAC Mineralized Skinfinish (MSF) Natural because so many people love it and people have been saying that the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder is a great alternative to the MSF (which works out because i actually like the dream matte powder and i know that it works well with my skin!)

I went to the MAC store and looked at their MSF Natural shades and the makeup artist there told me that I would be better off with Light Medium. I thought I may need to go with Light, but she said that it would be too light for me. Being slightly weary, I tried it in the store, but just decided to try it and test it out when I got home. I got home, and sure enough- i should have gone with my gut! The color that she picked for me, was too dark for my liking! I ended up returning it, and that was a whole other issue in and of itself. I used this product twice... just to make sure i was 100% about the color. I went back 4 days later, with the product and receipt. I explained that i tried it, after the lady was persistent with her choice of color, and it was the wrong one. They were getting bent out of shape because i user it twice! All i wanted to do was return it for a different color. It was a nightmare! I shop there ALL the time, and for the price you pay, you had better have a satisfaction gaurenteed in your return policy. This was such a hassle, I now drive an extra 8 miles just to avoid that spicific Mac! Anyway. I loved this product. I would absolutley buy it again, over and over (just not at that store!) ;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product on Beyond the Rack Canada. I like it but I'm not sure it's worth it for the price. It does apply nicely and glide smoothly on the skin. It have a nice coverage without looking like a mask, plus it doesn't look that powdery. However, I think it is not really better than any other powder, so I'm not sure the price is worth it. If it's on sale, I'll definitively get it again. One thing I really like about this powder is that it doesn't transfer easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by CPyl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm normally not a powder girl, but I LOVE this! It provides a very natural finish, not that really matte powdery look. I use it everyday to set my foundation. I'd say it has light coverage. It keeps my foundation looking gorgeous all day long. I have yellow undertones and the shade fits me nicely. I also didn't have an oxidizing problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite setting powder of all time. It has good coverage, mattifies skin, looks natural, and does not look cakey even with several layers. It is a more expensive product compared to drugstore brands, but well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by heatpaz

I don't know where I would be without this powder. I walked into a MAC Pro store 3 years ago when I was looking for a great powder to set my foundation and this was the winner. I was so afraid to try it out because I have sensitive skin & was terrified I would break out the next day after the first use. I WAS WRONG! I've been using it ever since and I won't ever stop. It leaves my face matt and oil free. It doesn't clog my pores and doesn't make me break out. You should try this powder if you have oily skin, I highly recommend it. It lasts all day and I usually walk in to purchase a new one every 3 months. LOVE!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by jesssicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, how I wanted to like this powder. Where should I begin? First off, I wouldn't recommend this powder with anyone with slightly neutral or yellow undertones. Maybe it's just my chemistry, but this powder turned my face a sort of weird, red shade. Judging by other reviews, it's safe to say that this powder oxidizes.

I do like the finish and extra coverage it provides, but after a few hours it looks very shiny on my oily skin. It's also a very heavy powder, so I wouldn't recommend wearing it over liquid foundation. Be prepared to have this transfer all over the clothes of you and anyone you hug.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

BIG YAWN. ZZZZZ

Sigh............How to write about this?

It oxidises on me. It spoils the lovely luminous effect of my liquid foundation when I use it to 'set' my foundation. When worn over moisturizer alone, it has such low coverage that I look like a dusted clay dolly with bright red cheeks. uuurrgghhhhh.

My late 30s skin has organ rejected MAC foundation powder products......theres been good memories and good times....... but our relationship is OVER.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

This is a good setting powder. It is by no means the best one out there

pros:
not cakey
feels soft on the skin
sets foundation nicely
no shimmer/glitter
can use almost any type of brush to apply

cons:
sticks to peach fuzz on face
not overly flattering in direct sunlight

I will be trying something different when I am done with this - maybe the blot powder...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by nicpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I continue to repurchase this powder, but sometimes I don't know why. On the plus side, it adds the perfect amount of extra coverage on days when all I feel like wearing is a tinted moisturizer. Its finish is matte but glowy. Overall, a lovely finishing powder... at first.

On my oily skin, the finish of this powder quickly transforms from satiny to straight-up GREASY. I guess it's better than looking cakey and powdery... or is it? I don't know. I can never decide.

When I lived in northern California, this powder was my winter HG. The sheen was never too much during the colder months, when my skin was a little drier. But now that I live in Honolulu, the climate makes it really hard for me to love this powder. I try it every now and then, but for the time being, I think my MSFN and I will have to part ways.

Conclusion: good for dry/normal/combo skin. Oily skin... beware.

(Also, this shade pulls a little pink. Wish MAC had some more yellowy/neutral options in this range.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product & use it as with a kabuki brush. You can work more product into the skin if you want a more finished look, but sometimes if you just want to give your skin a lift and a glow - this is perfect. It also lasts a lifetime, I use it everyday and 1 pot lasts at least 6 months. Definitely one of my all time favourite ever make up products