November 24, 2014 | 1949 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Quite simply the best oil for my thick natural 4C textured hair. I apply after washing when damp to seal in moisture. It makes my hair grow thick, and STRONG too. I love it. I haven't really used it for face or body as its very thick in consistency. I do however think its great for nails. I just purchased a generic cheap bottle for £2.99 marked 'Caribbean castor oil' it works great. Don't go spending big bucks.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by nooraz

I love castor oil, it's like my beauty bestirred, I use it for my lashes and hair, I get a lot of compliments and people always question if I am wearing falsies! you will see great results but you have to be consistent with your application, I apply it at night before bed EVERY single night , that's how you get amazing results 1

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by burrii

This stuff worked very well for me. I used a generic brand from walgreens (I plan on trying this brand next because i hear cold pressed castor oil works best and I'm not sure if the walgreens brand is). But anyways I used this for the baby hair along my hair line because it's always been very thin, I also used it for my eyebrows and lashes. For my baby hair and eyebrows it has worked very well in stimulating new growth and thickening the hair. I severely over plucked my brows in my middle school days and now the shape and thickness I have been striving for is reality. I can't believe the difference it's made in just a month. Hairs have been growing in places that it hasn't for years! As for my lashes it has made a little difference in the number of lashes but not quite the length. But I have only been using it for a month so I'm going to persist in using it on them because I have seen a little difference. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because if I'm not careful with the application I will break out in little pimples around the are it's applied. Not bad acne but slightly annoying, it's worth the results though.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Sileane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using castor oil for 3 months now, and my eyebrows and eyelashes have gotten thicker. I had eyelash extensions for a month, and afterwards they took a lot of my eyelashes out, my eyelashes were sore and etc. I was looking up at youtube and google to fix my eyelash loss problem and i've been using castor oil nightly. I didnt think it would work at all, because not many products work out for me, but this made my eyelashes grow little baby lashes everywhere and noticed how darker my lashes got to!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Shaylynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Before I started using castor oil, my hair grew 1/3 of an inch (.8cm) per month. Now, it grows at a steady inch per month. All I do is lightly oil my hair and work a tiny bit into the roots before I head off to school. It leaves a very nice shine and doesn't look oily.

Also, I burned the tips of my eyelashes off, so I thought I'd try using castor oil on them. Two days later, I can definitely notice a good difference in my singed lashes!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by slash123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hello all,

So, I am currently using castor oil on my eyebrows and hair as of March 10, 2014. I use the NOW version.

First, I will explain why I began using castor oil for my eyebrows/hair.

Second, I will explain my routine.

Third, I will explain my progress (with routine updates of course).

Why?
I am using castor oil on both my eyebrows and scalp to promote hair growth. I read that it helps, and recently had a bad experience in the threading salon.

I have EXTREMELY thick eyebrows, and for some reason, the threader decided that my brows should be thin and uneven. So annoying! I'm crazy about eyebrows, and already spent 3 months growing them out 4 years ago to get them shaped. The shape is pretty clear, so I don't know how this lady messed them up. I also had a gap missing in my right eyebrow from the experience. Unfortunately, now I have to grow out my eyebrows again! I wanted to expedite the process, so I did some research and found castor oil was good for that.

As to my hair, I have noticed that it seems like my baby hairs are beginning to retreat. After years of dying my hair any color I felt like that day, using shitty shampoo, and straightening and blowdrying it into submission, I was not at all surprised. Luckily, my hair mirrors my brows and is very thick. However, I have noticed less growth than before and would like to return it to its initial healthy, thick, shiny look.

Routine
Nightly, I put castor oil all over my scalp and face. I rub it into my eyebrows and use my finger as a "wand" to evenly coat both sides of my eyelashes. Occasionally, I will hop in the shower first so my hair is nice and steamy before I apply the oil.

Results
March 17, 2014
I have only missed one day this week, but I am already seeing results in the quality of my hair. My eyebrows will stay in place a bit easier, and my eyelashes seem a tiny tiny tiny bit thicker. My hair has had amazing results thus far, I can't believe it! Such a short amount of time. It's DEFINITELY a lot shinier. Easier to brush, and feels so much softer.

March 28, 2014
I have missed a couple days here and there, but I've been pretty consistent with it. My hair has improved dramatically and I think it's getting longer, really fast. I also think that my little baby hairs are growing out...

I haven't noticed a difference on my eyebrows though :( I can't tell if this is just because it takes longer or what, though because I HAVE noticed a difference on my eyelashes. Will update soon, and I'm taking pictures for later.

Updates Soon

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my!!! I have noticed as I am getting older that my eyebrows are not growing in so much. My eyebrows were never thin but just some area's have stopped growing in. My eyelashes are much sadder, so straight and not full at all.

I bought the natural one at Whole Foods and applied it twice a day and it's only been 2 weeks and the results have been amazing.

My eyelashes are much longer and fuller, my eyebrows have no bald patches. The hairs on my hairline are growing in much thicker. I am so happy about this and for the price it's unbelievable. I will continue to use this always!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Ysaldra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This didn't do much for my eyebrows, I must admit. Then again, I had so little to work with from the start. HOWEVER...my eyelashes have never been so long! Ever! With just a couple of light coats of mascara they look like false lashes. And I've been applying this to my face, throat and hands at night and after my morning shower for 2 months, sometimes straight or mixed with moisturizers. My skin has never felt this clean and soft! It also got rid of a dry patch of skin on the bridge of my nose that I've had forever -- all flakiness on my nose is gone! Castor oil will live forever in my memory as the product that got my skin through the (Michigan) winter of 2014. Thanks to MUA readers for all the great reviews that led me to try it!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think that castor oil is overrated and extremely expensive for what it is. I don't like this particular one because of its smell but I have purchased a new by a different brand which is cheaper and could tell the difference on my brows within 4 weeks of having it. This one is not worth the money but if you are just trying it for the first time give it a chance and don't be influenced by my review because it works differently for different people. But if you are not sure about buying it, listen to me and don't waste your money on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by jessdenman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Castor oil is such a brow saver! I've been using it for quite some time now and my brows have never looked better. After a bad tint my hairs started to fall out and I wasn't left with much. After a few months use (not consistently just when I remember) I have full thick brows with hairs growing in spots I thought I would never have hair again. Definitely recommend castor oil to anyone!