July 28, 2014 | 1099 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lulu6789

I originally bought this for the oil cleansing method (never never again, gave me such bad cystic acne) and I stopped after I had used only half the bottle. I bought a more expensive castor oil as I was using it for my face. I think mine is Pukka herbs. So anyways, I was trying to find a use for my oil and it came up as being good for hair growth. I ,mixed some with my shampoo and the next day my hair was over soft, managable and even my split ends had disappeared! Amazing. However my hair was slightly greasier than normal but it was worth it. Also when I was 13 I seriously over plucked my brows so I've been applying castor oil to them and they seem thicker after only two weeks! Finally my eyelashes are very thick and luscious, I almost don't need mascara any more.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Brainbuster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works.

I'm a guy, about 30, and I just bought the cheapest, generic castor oil at Walmart.
After 2 weeks, and definitely after 3 weeks, I looked like Snuffaluffagus.

Now it's few months later, and they kind of look like Steve McQueen's in The Thomas Crown Affair, when he's playing chess with Faye Dunaway.

29 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ecrouton

I don't have thinning eye lashes, but after reading the reviews I decided to give it a shot because who DOESN'T want longer eyelashes? umm no one.

All I can say is WOOOWWW in two weeks my eyes lashes were noticeably longer both on the top and the bottom. THey look long and full without mascara and absolutely unbelievable when I apply mascara; but this is not the only benefit I've seen from using castor oil.

I put a dime size amount in my shampoo about twice a week, and in three weeks my hair is shinier and growing much faster. My hair does get greasier quicker, but the beautiful shine and soft texture is 100% worth it.

To apply to the eyelashes, I keep a bottle near bed and simply rub along the lash line with my finger. I have not broken out, and I have sensitive skin.

A small bottle is only like $5, BUY IT and TRY IT truuusssttt me. You gotta be persistent with it at first, like every night apply it to the lashes. For $5 you can't go wrong, you'd spend 6X more on a new mascara!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

i've been using this regularly for 2-3 weeks now and have not seen any improvements. in fact, I've been losing more lashes than normal every time i take off my eye-makeup. I apply it nightly using a qtip along the base of my lashes and will put extra on the lashes themselves. i will give it one more week and then if it still doesn't get better, will toss.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

OK, so. I'm a sort of "LOVE/HATE" relationship with this oil.

For about a month I applied it to my eyelashes with an old mascara wand.
After only a week I noticed new babylashes coming through. I also felt like my lashes felt stronger. I got so excited, but I noticed that the new lashes that were growing out, was sticking down vertical!

It began to annoy me a lot. First of all, it messed up my mascara routine, and second it annoyed my eyes a lot. I had to stop using the castor oil.

- I might work different on your lashes, than it did on mine, but it's for sure making your lashes GROW!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by preetykemp

i am an asian with very thin and light eyebrows and lashes..so you can imagine how depress i feel when i see those models with amazing eyebrows...well shaped eyebrows are very much essential in defining your face..so after hearing so much about castor oil i decided to give it a shot..and boy i have to say m amazed..i have been using it religiously every night since one month and i can see that my eyebrows have grown thicker...will definitely keep using it till i get my desired shape....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using castor oil for about a year. It has made an incredible difference in my skin. I use it on my face, throat, and chest every time I wash my face. I've done a lot of research on castor oil and wrote an article about how to use it effectively. You can read my article on castor oil at http://www.anniesnuggets.com/search/label/Castor%20Oil

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It does work to grow in eyelashes and eyebrows. I saw a difference after about 2 weeks of using it nightly. I saw a huge difference after 6 weeks or so. However when I dropped off the wagon and stopped using it my eyelashes did not maintain their bounty. So I gotta get back on it. I don't use on lower lashes as I have bumps there. I dip a clean cotton swab in the bottle wipe off excess then slowly swipe it across the base of my upper lashes then gently dabbed my lashes with it. It's important to be precise where you put this. I wasn't careful before and ended up with tiny lashes above my regular lashes which freaked me out as in a second row of lashes on my eyelid Yikes! It works well for filling out my brows but again be careful where you put it. I do this at night right before I lay down b/c its a pain to walk around with it on. Don't get into eyes and make sure to scape off extra before applying but other wise it really works. Haven't used it enough in my hair to notice any difference.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by redcometdust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a bottle of castor oil from my local co-op after reading its praises on MA. I've been using it every night on my lashes and every other night or so on my brows (my brows are long, dark, and unruly, but due to tweezing and waxing to achieve that gross gangly brow that was trendy when I was a kid, they've thinned out over the years). I've been doing this for a couple of weeks and I must say I'm impressed with the results! My lashes are much longer in the outer corners and when I lift the lid, I can see new ones growing in underneath. My lashes are so, so soft and much more flexible now as well! I have also seen new growth on my eyebrows. The inner part of the brow is generally more sparse than the rest (I think that's true of anyone, really), but I've got some little baby hairs coming in that area.

Other notes: I have really sensitive skin and castor oil has not broken me out at all. I'm also taking acne meds, so maybe that's why. I am also prone to styes and may have gotten one but it seems to have cleared up on its own over the weekend. Castor oil has antibacterial properties, I guess?

Anyway, castor oil is pretty fantastic.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Do not use around eyes if prone to styes. Or do use it but make sure the oil isn't rancid, and clean it off completely before applying makeup in the morning. I mix it with olive oil, and use it on my brows, lashes (half a drop is more than enough fr both eyes), and hair. The over-plucked areas in my brows began coming back within a few days of use. It darkened my hair significantly, people commented on it. I think it leaches out hair dye as castor oil is known for that 'pulling' action. I much preferred my hair like that, it took out all the harsh, brassy tones and softened it to a darker caramel. It makes my hair extremely luscious and soft, and reduces fallout. An Arabic recipe is equal parts of castor, olive or coconut, and almond oil for the hair. This stimulates hair growth. Massage it well into the scalp with a sort of drumming and tapping motion with your fingers and leave it overnight.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No