October 23, 2014 | 888 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Shaylynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Before I started using castor oil, my hair grew 1/3 of an inch (.8cm) per month. Now, it grows at a steady inch per month. All I do is lightly oil my hair and work a tiny bit into the roots before I head off to school. It leaves a very nice shine and doesn't look oily.

Also, I burned the tips of my eyelashes off, so I thought I'd try using castor oil on them. Two days later, I can definitely notice a good difference in my singed lashes!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by slash123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hello all,

So, I am currently using castor oil on my eyebrows and hair as of March 10, 2014. I use the NOW version.

First, I will explain why I began using castor oil for my eyebrows/hair.

Second, I will explain my routine.

Third, I will explain my progress (with routine updates of course).

Why?
I am using castor oil on both my eyebrows and scalp to promote hair growth. I read that it helps, and recently had a bad experience in the threading salon.

I have EXTREMELY thick eyebrows, and for some reason, the threader decided that my brows should be thin and uneven. So annoying! I'm crazy about eyebrows, and already spent 3 months growing them out 4 years ago to get them shaped. The shape is pretty clear, so I don't know how this lady messed them up. I also had a gap missing in my right eyebrow from the experience. Unfortunately, now I have to grow out my eyebrows again! I wanted to expedite the process, so I did some research and found castor oil was good for that.

As to my hair, I have noticed that it seems like my baby hairs are beginning to retreat. After years of dying my hair any color I felt like that day, using shitty shampoo, and straightening and blowdrying it into submission, I was not at all surprised. Luckily, my hair mirrors my brows and is very thick. However, I have noticed less growth than before and would like to return it to its initial healthy, thick, shiny look.

Routine
Nightly, I put castor oil all over my scalp and face. I rub it into my eyebrows and use my finger as a "wand" to evenly coat both sides of my eyelashes. Occasionally, I will hop in the shower first so my hair is nice and steamy before I apply the oil.

Results
March 17, 2014
I have only missed one day this week, but I am already seeing results in the quality of my hair. My eyebrows will stay in place a bit easier, and my eyelashes seem a tiny tiny tiny bit thicker. My hair has had amazing results thus far, I can't believe it! Such a short amount of time. It's DEFINITELY a lot shinier. Easier to brush, and feels so much softer.

March 28, 2014
I have missed a couple days here and there, but I've been pretty consistent with it. My hair has improved dramatically and I think it's getting longer, really fast. I also think that my little baby hairs are growing out...

I haven't noticed a difference on my eyebrows though :( I can't tell if this is just because it takes longer or what, though because I HAVE noticed a difference on my eyelashes. Will update soon, and I'm taking pictures for later.

Updates Soon

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my!!! I have noticed as I am getting older that my eyebrows are not growing in so much. My eyebrows were never thin but just some area's have stopped growing in. My eyelashes are much sadder, so straight and not full at all.

I bought the natural one at Whole Foods and applied it twice a day and it's only been 2 weeks and the results have been amazing.

My eyelashes are much longer and fuller, my eyebrows have no bald patches. The hairs on my hairline are growing in much thicker. I am so happy about this and for the price it's unbelievable. I will continue to use this always!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Ysaldra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This didn't do much for my eyebrows, I must admit. Then again, I had so little to work with from the start. HOWEVER...my eyelashes have never been so long! Ever! With just a couple of light coats of mascara they look like false lashes. And I've been applying this to my face, throat and hands at night and after my morning shower for 2 months, sometimes straight or mixed with moisturizers. My skin has never felt this clean and soft! It also got rid of a dry patch of skin on the bridge of my nose that I've had forever -- all flakiness on my nose is gone! Castor oil will live forever in my memory as the product that got my skin through the (Michigan) winter of 2014. Thanks to MUA readers for all the great reviews that led me to try it!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think that castor oil is overrated and extremely expensive for what it is. I don't like this particular one because of its smell but I have purchased a new by a different brand which is cheaper and could tell the difference on my brows within 4 weeks of having it. This one is not worth the money but if you are just trying it for the first time give it a chance and don't be influenced by my review because it works differently for different people. But if you are not sure about buying it, listen to me and don't waste your money on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by jessdenman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Castor oil is such a brow saver! I've been using it for quite some time now and my brows have never looked better. After a bad tint my hairs started to fall out and I wasn't left with much. After a few months use (not consistently just when I remember) I have full thick brows with hairs growing in spots I thought I would never have hair again. Definitely recommend castor oil to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by iamnonay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want to share my experience to you guys. Im an asian with very short lashes, i cant even curl it! So im really searching for creams/oils or whatever-you-call-it thing that will help me grow my lashes longer and thicker. So then one time I saw on facebook this "natural beauty and health remedies" group(you should join this gals too) i saw that a lot of members are using 'castor oil + vit e mixture' to have a longer lashes and they have a good feedback in it.

So after reading a lot of reviews i give it a try. I bought 60ml castor oil and 2 vit e capgel(myra-e) . What i did is i cut the vit e and mix it with the oil. I use vit e because it will boost the effectiveness of the oil. I applied it to my lashes every night before bedtime using my finger. After 6 times of using it, i see the results already! Awesome right? And now i keep on applying it for more healthy and longer lashes!

Don't hesitate to try this! Make sure you'll apply it gently to avoid Eye contact.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Kimballchili

Definitely the best product for your eyes and body. Multipurpose thing - every girl/boy shoud have it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by moonlight11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best beauty product ever - and for so cheap. I use it as the "muscle" in my oil mixture for the Oil Cleansing Method. I use it to help fill in bald spots on my eyebrows, to make my lashes grow longer, to get rid of age spots in two weeks or less, to fade scars, as an anti-frizz leave-in conditioner, to soften my feet, as well as to plump up wrinles. The stuff is very viscous but is easily absorbed by the skin. Castor Oil Packs became widely known during Edgar Cayce's readings, and there are thousands of cases of its healing power. I have seen it myself. I tell ya, the 'Palm of Christ' oil is nothing short of miraculous. I will never be without it again.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by grak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I began using castor oil a few years ago after reading about it's healing properties and ability to aid in hair growth. From what I have read, it helps eyelashes/eyebrows in the following way: the antimicrobial effect of the oil on a hair follicle kills bacteria present that causes hair to prematurely fall out. Therefore, the follicle itself becomes much healthier and hair will remain in it for a longer time - this is why lashes end up looking longer - they are allowed to grow for a longer period of time. The bonus here is that you are not using any drug that will have negative side effects. IMO, always go for an oil remedy over a drug remedy. Castor oil can actually be used in the eye for infections and styes. It can be taken internally, although the results are dramatic, so don't - unless you really know what you are doing. I say this to point out that it is definitely safe and has many uses. The castor BEAN is poisonous - but not the oil. The oil is tremendously beneficial.

What I do: I wash my makeup off with a bit of castor oil mixed with Dermalogica Precleanse. I follow this with a regular face wash on all but my eye area. The oil takes any makeup off very gently, and then is washed away on my skin by the face wash. But some of the oil remains on my eye area, thus helping my eyelashes. My lashes are definitely better these last couple years than they were even in my teens. It's not a dramatic fake eyelash look, but it's visible and they look great - thicker and longer. I plan to use it for the rest of my life!

BTW some of our other uses in our family have been: applying to remove warts and plantar warts, thickening eyebrows, putting on wounds to keep them moist and sterile, healing chapped hands, softening calluses, etc. We slap this on a lot of stuff!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No