January 30, 2015 | 1224 users online

Mascara - Neutrogena - Healthy Volume

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by jd1463

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though the package claims to "instantly build lash volume by 400%" I do not believe that is the intent. I bought this mascara because I noticed a SIGNIFICANT decrease in the overall health and appearance of my lashes (extremely thin) after I began using the "plumping, thickening, and volumizing" mascaras on a DAILY basis. It contains olive oil, which you will find in a ton of hair products, and OVER time I did notice that my poor thinned lashes returned back to their normal thickness :) So if you are looking for an instant effect or a look of false lashes this is not it. It simply only IMPROVES lash health. Hope this helps.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by pln315

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a horrible mascara...one of the worst I've ever used. The formula was very dry and I had to apply a bazillion coats for it to be noticeable. Plus my lashes didn't come out as dark as I would've liked. What a total waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara SUCKS if you're looking for big length and volume. People with short eyelashes shouldn't use this, especially if they're looking for something dramatic. I didn't like this at all, and I felt like it was a waste of money. I feel like someone with big eyes and long eyelashes that likes a natural look would like this mascara, but anyone with small eyes that wants eyes that look bigger or someone with short eyelashes would detest this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by blythegraves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have super long lashes and this mascara made them heavy, sticky, and short. Very wet and heavy; weighed down lashes after only one coat. To get volumizing effects more than 1 coat is needed, but does not lengthen or define lashes. Irritated my eyes like crazy. Do not buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Arizona4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very impressed with this mascara! It did exactly what it promised - strengthed my eyelashes and added plenty of volume, but without clumping lashes together and creating a uni-lash! The first time I used it, I couldn't stop sneaking into he bathroom to look at my eyes! This is by far my favorite drugstore mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by ash10twenty

This mascara is too waxy for me. It doesn't do much, and it isn't very dark. It's a meh mascara for me. Oh and, I didn't notice any affects, as far as nourished or stronge lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by EcoPretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the only cosmetics that I refuse to shell out big bucks for is mascara, which lasts just a few months. As a result, I use only drugstore brands. I've now gone through 4 to 5 tubes of this over the past few years. On one hand, it has a nice, fat brush that gives excellent volume, it's relatively affordable, and it has a decent ingredients deck. On the other hand, it seems to mildly irritate my eyes, and every tube I've bought dries out and becomes REALLY flaky after just a month and a half, and I have to toss it in the trash (which I hate doing, being an eco gal.) I wish Neutragena would make the formulation more moisturizing/oily!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by istyleit

LOVE THIS! I have used lots of mascaras over my 35 years and this is a favorite. It doesnt aggravate my eyes. It doesnt flake off or leave me with raccoon eyes. The black color is great healthy shinny looking not chalky.I will and have repurchased this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by amymua122

I didn't like it! It smudges waaaaaaaaaay too much. It flakes a lot and leaves plenty of clumpy eyelashes. Plus I hate applying millions of coats. Lash blast all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by bridgietherease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is great stuff for me! I have sensitive eyes, and many of the most popular drugstore mascaras make my eyes burn and water. Most of the mascaras that that don't irritate my eyes don't make my lashes look much better, either, but this is an exception. This mascara stays in place until I remove it at the end of the day without smearing or making me look like a raccoon, and it really makes my lashes look huge and glamorous. I haven't had any problems with irritation, even when I forget to take it off at night before bed (oops). I can actually wear mascara every day now that I've found this stuff.