April 20, 2014 | 1774 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Liquid Liner in Perversion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by yay4tay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first/only liquid liner, so it's possible that my gripes are something that just come with the territory, but I hate this stuff.

It's goopy, for one. There's dried goop all over the stick even though I've only used it three times, and the brush itself will occasionally come out of the bottle with little black boogery goops on it that completely ruin my liner if I don't notice it before I start putting it on. I don't leave the bottle open, there's no reason it should be doing that.

It FLAKES like crazy. I actually get tons of fallout from it, little black specks all over my cheeks and my liner looks terrible after an hour or two because it's missing patches that just randomly fell off. You would think I was rubbing my eyes all night the way it gets, but I'm not touching them.

The brush makes it really difficult to get a thin, precise line.

I gave it two lippies because the color is pretty awesome, about as black as it gets, much blacker and prettier than my mac fluidline. It also really is waterproof, as promised. That's about it, though. Despite the two good qualities I'm going back to my pot of fluidline, it's so much easier to put on and work with, and doesn't flake or goober all over the brush. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by peepeepod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best liquid liners that I've ever used. Definitely HG material. If you want a pitch black sharp line, this is it. I do the cat eye with this liner...it is a bit tricky and takes some practice but its worth it. It stays on ALL day, doesnt fade, is waterproof. No need to worry about reapplying my eyeliner for the rest of the day, once its on, its ON...you just have to let it dry. This beats MAC's boot black, which would smear and was even harder to apply. This is a MUST for anyone who loves eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Mugglemakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG eyeliner. I love it. Having said that, it's not perfect. It takes a while to get used to, especially if you've never tried liquid liner before, and it's a bit tricky to apply, but it's definitely worth that beautiful smooth perfect black line. I wear this everyday, and I receive numerous compliments on my eye makeup. It's a little on the pricey side, but it will last you a long time. The only reason I gave it a three is because of the difficulty I have applying it, but that's absolutely no reason not to buy it, and I am sure I will be purchasing this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by itshannah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be my HG eyeliner for everyday. I disliked the round well packaging, but they recently changed back to the sleek tube version and the brush is even thinner than before, which is awesome. However, the formula also seems to have changed. It's not the matte black I liked before... Has kind of a glossy finish and also tends to have a peeling effect after a while of wearing it. I have now switched to Kat Von D's liquid liner in the matte black color Trooper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

brilliant liner.
i am a liquid liner junkie, and out of all the ones i own, this is my safe, reliable one.
this is a pitch black liner with really great staying power, and best of all, a firm, precise brush. there is a lot of control in the application, and i feel that these kinds of brushes are very rare. as a result of the brush, the finished look, looks very smooth, sharp and clean.
my only small complaint is that it's not matte. over certain eye shadows, it does appear a little matte sometimes, but i can't wear this with my favourite crazy-shimmery eyeshadows, because this looks very glossy which i don't like, because i think it looses definition. but that is just personal preference.
i own the little ink well pot and sometimes it can be hard to open, because you can't get a good grip. also when you tap off excess liner on the edge, it crusts and can glue it shut, so for that it has lost 1 point for packaging.
if you don't like the liner, but like the brush, you can always wash the brush, take it out and use it as a gel liner brush, or with other liquid liners you prefer.
i would recommend this if you love liquid liner!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by worldtraveler05

I'm not sure about all the bad reviews, but I love this product. My first one lasted about a year (using it every day), so I just had to buy a new one. I love the small thin brush, and while yes there can be difficulties actually getting a thin line sometimes, I feel like its more my fault than the brush itself. I love the color, and that it lasts so long for me. Usually it only smears if I forget to take it off at night, so that's understandable.

I definitely would recommend it to anyone. Yes the bottle can get a little annoying because towards the end it is difficult to get all the eyeliner left, but with the quality of the product itself, I feel that it is worth it and would buy it again after this current one is finished.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by TayEmAubLy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is pretty good. I always sucked at liquid liners but actually took my time and practiced with this product. i usually do a thin line with a wing. love the color to very very black. I wouldn't buy again because i know there are other cheaper liquid liners out there probably as good as this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

This liner swatches a lot more impressive than it performs on my eyelids. I like the applicator and the nice, shiny, black pigment of the liner.... but that's about it. It stays wet too long on my lids and the line smudges if I blink or move my eyelids after applying. It also flakes off if I curl my lashes after applying it. This product claims to be waterproof, but my eyes have been watery all day because of allergies and this liner makes my eyes burn and water even more. I feel like it's leaking into my eyes. I won't be using this anymore... am considering returning it to Sephora. Kind of expensive for a product that is not all that great. I find Revlon Colorstay liquid liner to be much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by ashlielgrant

Ultra black - love this liner- I'm asian & it transfers on my lids - EXCEPT when I wear primer potion underneath it along with eyeshadow underneath. I love how black it is - I've found it easy to apply - I like the brush applicator. It lasts forever as well ! I tried using gel liner - but it just wasn't black enough went back to my UD perversion !

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by PrettyInACasket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner would be amazing but it has some flaws:
-The packaging is quite annoying. Cute, but annoying (as with some other UD products). Sometimes it actually hurts my hand to open the bottle because it has no grip whatsoever.
-I dislike the applicator. Maybe it's just me but my right eye will come out just the way I want it but my left eye will usually come out way too thick and sometimes messy so then I have to spend time fixing my eyes and making sure they're even. I only blame it on this applicator because I have used other liquid liners and this is the first time I'm encountering such a problem.
-It will crease a little bit without primer. I almost always use this with eyeshadow so this usually isn't a problem. If you're not planning on wearing eyeshadow this can be easily fixed by putting just a tiny bit of primer or concealer by the lash line and extending it a little further if you plan on winging it.
-As much as I love UD, the price is pretty steep for liquid liner.
However, I do like a lot of things about this eyeliner. I love that the color is very black and that the quality of the eyeliner itself is pretty good. I wanted to get an eyeliner brush anyway, so maybe this product will be an excuse for me to do so! I'm hoping that using a different applicator will make the difference, so that's why I said that I would buy it again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No