Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation

3.0

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (0.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol, Grapeseedate, Polyethylene, Mother of Pearl, Topaz, Quartz, Serica (Silk), Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Lecithin, Alumina, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 1/13/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Hated it!!! I got the dark shade and it was too red for me... I still tried it several times until it made my skin break out around the nose and chin areas and super dry on my cheeks.. The container broke, my brushes couldn't reach the powder, and so on... It went straight to the trash can

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

great

on 1/12/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I had to come and change my whole review due to how much I love this product. I bought this in medium deep at Walgreens for around 3.75 because it was 75 percent off. I was not expecting to like it because of all the mixed reviews it had. The first time I put it on I used it for a finishing powder on top of my color stay, I noticed it gave a really nice airbrushed look to my skin, but it also looked extremely natural. I thought about going to get one more since I knew it was being discontinued in favor of the new mineral aqua powder that Revlon had just released. When i went outside, I couldn't stop looking at my skin I just looked so perfect. But, another day I went out and a person I was hanging out with said how my skin was glowing. That was it for me. I normally use E.L.F HD powder which I love. But this is completly different, my skin is just beautiful with it. Now mind you I do have really good skin, it is just oily (which does not bother me). This had my face as if I was about to shoot a magazine cover. Just perfectly natural. Not thick, very airy and light ( i hate thick makeup). I have never used it as only a foundation, but as a setting powder is is outstanding. I have now bought a total of 8 and may not stop until I reach twenty. I know that is a lot, but when you love a product that is everything you are looking for and then it is 75% off, you cannot beat that. I was only going to buy one and then just switch to the aqua powder. But the aqua powder is 13-15 dollars. I love this and am so happy that I got to it in time for this sale and am happy that I have found so many so far I have saved over 100 dollars on this wonderful product.

Also, the container does not bother me. I like it. I do not use the brush because it is to small. But I could care less about that. I do not use the brushes that come with make up anyway. I had not problems opening container, and wouldn't have problem if they made another one with this same container
Update:
I was bored one day and decided to try this without my liquid foundation. It looked great. I would use this during summer days when it is just to hot for liquid (but because I love liquid, I would still use it during a summer night). I can use two coatings or I began to look ashy but other then that this is a outstanding product. I would say use a concealer with this also if using it only as your foundation.

on 1/8/2011 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for 6 dollars at Harmon's when I was on a search for quick, longwearing, easy to apply coverage for my early morning gym trips. I applied when I got into the car and loved the color. It's the light medium and is a perfect match to my NC25 skintone. One peeve is that it's SUPER drying on my skin. I've worn mineral powders before and they've never made my skin feel tight and itchy. However, it does what it says and is long lasting. It has a light-medium buildable coverage.

on 1/6/2011 4:39:00 PM

Holy cow!!! I went to CVS just now just to pick up a soda and I saw that they had these for %75 off. I immediately grabbed it and I went home to makeupalley.com to see what everyone says about it...well after hearing a lot of complaining about the packaging I must say that it doesn't bother me at all...neither does the brush..just get little bits of it into the sifter at a time and you will be good...i cant even think up an emoticon epicx enough to describe how amazing this product applied onto my skin...it felt so soft and light yet te coverage was amazing!! its definately buildable but I am looking at an OMG airbrush finish on my face...I do not know how I ever skipped over this product before but now I def wont! I might go grab a couple more while they are still 75 off before they go back to $14!! Ill come back later to let u girls in on the staying power.

on 1/6/2011 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

blackstars36 is an obvious moron. Not because her views on this product are different from mine but because I have no idea what the heck she's talking about.
Anyways, to get to my review. There's nothing at all wrong with this product except for the packaging, which by the way isn't going to prevent me from repurchasing. Packaging has nothing to do with what's on the inside to me. Its just that people are too whiny about little stupid things. This product gives fine coverage & doesn't break me out like bare minerals breaks everyone I know out into the worst breakouts I've ever seen in my life yet they charge out the butt for such an awful product. So people, I'd think twice about complaining about the price on this awesome drugstore product.
Coverage lasts all day without me having to reapply or freshen up. Best drugstore mineral foundation out there that doesn't test on animals. Thanks Revlon!!

on 1/3/2011 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

So this was on sale at CVS for under $3 and I got it as a setting powder. It's great and gives me a lovely airbrushed look when I put it on after my MAC Select SPF or my Revlon Photoready. I'll definitely head back to CVS and buy a couple more as I suspect it's getting discontinued. The packaging, however, SUCKS. It is messy and if you are to use the included brush I can pretty much guarantee you will overapply. I pour a tiny bit into the cover of my Bareminerals Mineral Veil and use the ELF kabuki face brush. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the sifter on my empty bare minerals jar and am just going to pour it in there. Grab it while it's still in stores and I think it's going to be sale for the rest of the week!

on 1/2/2011 1:22:00 AM

I bought this the other day...The product is alright..It's not horrible..It blends nicely and the coverage is pretty good. My beef is with the packaging and the brush that comes with it. the part where the powder comes out is shaped like a slender bowl and the inner part of the cap has a brush that's horrible..It's really small, it takes forever to cover your entire face, and it doesn't blend the product well at all..I had been tapping the product into my hand and using another brush until a few days ago. I ordered a brush set and one of the brushes just happens to be slim enough to fit inside and it works wonderfully for me.
Overall? Decent. Would I purchase again? Probably not.

on 1/1/2011 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this when it was 75% off at CVS. I quite like it. The only thing that annoys me about this foundation is that the packaging is terrible. It took me over 10 minutes and a google search to figure out how to open it. Then, I tried to use it with the crap brush it comes with. Wasn't working.

The best thing is to shake some of the mineral foundation out onto a little plate or something (like on the cap of a loose powder product), take a kabuki brush (like the one from ELF) and apply to the face, and buff all over (well). Re apply on the areas that need more coverage.

I recommend using a concealer on your under eye circles and spots before using this, because this will NOT cover those. The coverage is about light to medium, buildable. Ideal for oily skin types.

A quick foundation that takes much less time than the moisturize, prime, liquid foundation, concealer, loose powder routine many of us are accustomed to. It has spf 15 so you can just slap it on if you're in a hurry.

I am an NC15 and I got this in fair.

EDIT: I've found that this has rather poor staying power. It oxidizes, and it's too pink toned. I'm going to try a primer underneath.

On it's own it does nothing for me. But, over a liq foundation it really provides additional coverage. Not coverage like Studio Fix PPF lol, but definitely more than say a finishing powder. It does go on powdery, but sets after 20 minutes beautifully like a second skin. And unlike Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation, this one does not cake up. I recommend this for oily or combo skin. For shade reference I use Fair/Light in this, Estee Lauder DW liquid fndt in Bone 17 1W1, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light 4-5, and MAC NC15.

EDIT 12/19/12: I find that this powder goes on better if I have applied MAC Strobe Cream over Clinique DDML (and of course, this powder goes on after my fndt). Also, I no longer need to apply it all over anymore now that my skin is aging. Only where and when needed, and very lightly. Beautiful!!