August 30, 2014 | 988 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by vogysgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

blackstars36 is an obvious moron. Not because her views on this product are different from mine but because I have no idea what the heck she's talking about.
Anyways, to get to my review. There's nothing at all wrong with this product except for the packaging, which by the way isn't going to prevent me from repurchasing. Packaging has nothing to do with what's on the inside to me. Its just that people are too whiny about little stupid things. This product gives fine coverage & doesn't break me out like bare minerals breaks everyone I know out into the worst breakouts I've ever seen in my life yet they charge out the butt for such an awful product. So people, I'd think twice about complaining about the price on this awesome drugstore product.
Coverage lasts all day without me having to reapply or freshen up. Best drugstore mineral foundation out there that doesn't test on animals. Thanks Revlon!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by elovejoy25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So this was on sale at CVS for under $3 and I got it as a setting powder. It's great and gives me a lovely airbrushed look when I put it on after my MAC Select SPF or my Revlon Photoready. I'll definitely head back to CVS and buy a couple more as I suspect it's getting discontinued. The packaging, however, SUCKS. It is messy and if you are to use the included brush I can pretty much guarantee you will overapply. I pour a tiny bit into the cover of my Bareminerals Mineral Veil and use the ELF kabuki face brush. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the sifter on my empty bare minerals jar and am just going to pour it in there. Grab it while it's still in stores and I think it's going to be sale for the rest of the week!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by ArielMaria

I bought this the other day...The product is alright..It's not horrible..It blends nicely and the coverage is pretty good. My beef is with the packaging and the brush that comes with it. the part where the powder comes out is shaped like a slender bowl and the inner part of the cap has a brush that's horrible..It's really small, it takes forever to cover your entire face, and it doesn't blend the product well at all..I had been tapping the product into my hand and using another brush until a few days ago. I ordered a brush set and one of the brushes just happens to be slim enough to fit inside and it works wonderfully for me.
Overall? Decent. Would I purchase again? Probably not.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by rimmela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this when it was 75% off at CVS. I quite like it. The only thing that annoys me about this foundation is that the packaging is terrible. It took me over 10 minutes and a google search to figure out how to open it. Then, I tried to use it with the crap brush it comes with. Wasn't working.

The best thing is to shake some of the mineral foundation out onto a little plate or something (like on the cap of a loose powder product), take a kabuki brush (like the one from ELF) and apply to the face, and buff all over (well). Re apply on the areas that need more coverage.

I recommend using a concealer on your under eye circles and spots before using this, because this will NOT cover those. The coverage is about light to medium, buildable. Ideal for oily skin types.

A quick foundation that takes much less time than the moisturize, prime, liquid foundation, concealer, loose powder routine many of us are accustomed to. It has spf 15 so you can just slap it on if you're in a hurry.

I am an NC15 and I got this in fair.

EDIT: I've found that this has rather poor staying power. It oxidizes, and it's too pink toned. I'm going to try a primer underneath.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

On it's own it does nothing for me. But, over a liq foundation it really provides additional coverage. Not coverage like Studio Fix PPF lol, but definitely more than say a finishing powder. It does go on powdery, but sets after 20 minutes beautifully like a second skin. And unlike Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation, this one does not cake up. I recommend this for oily or combo skin. For shade reference I use Fair/Light in this, Estee Lauder DW liquid fndt in Bone 17 1W1, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light 4-5, and MAC NC15.

EDIT 12/19/12: I find that this powder goes on better if I have applied MAC Strobe Cream over Clinique DDML (and of course, this powder goes on after my fndt). Also, I no longer need to apply it all over anymore now that my skin is aging. Only where and when needed, and very lightly. Beautiful!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by tmhlittle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product and I'm trying to track down if it's been discontinued. I think so -- Revlon.com has some new variation called "Colorstay Aqua Mineral Makeup." I always wanted to try the mineral foundations, but the Bare Minerals, etc was way too expensive. I did try the Physician's Formula version of mineral foundation, but it was awful. I'm a fan of Revlon, and I found a shade that works fine for me. I can no longer wear liquid foundation because now it feels too heavy for my skin. I think the coverage is suitable for my needs, but I would rate it as "light". I do not use the brush included at all. In fact, I shake the powder out into a different container and use a "bronzer brush" (the flat top) to apply. I have combination skin (used to be acne prone) and very fair complexion.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by blackstars36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this foundation because I ran out of my foundation. So I had no option but to go to the local drugstore and try and find something i could use for a temp fix. I had never realized how huge the foundation selection was until i actually needed to select something for myself. I decided to try this because it was on sale 8.99 down from 13.99 which i thought was kinda expensive for drugstore stuff but anyway i rushed home to finish getting ready and I used my regular primer & consealer and then added this crap it was way to light and didnt blend well or cover anything i kept trying to build coverage but it just made me look whiter!!..i disappointed not only was the packaging horrible but i couldn't open up the freakn container enough to get some out. I had to use tweezers to remove the plastic thingy that dips way down into the jar/powder to make room for the brush which is as hard as a scrub brush and it didnt pick up the power at all. I would not recommend this at all. Bottom Line no coverage, colors selection is horrible, packaging is horrible...8.99 down the drain :( save your money!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by therapture

Overall Rating - 2
Price - 1
Packaging Quality - 1
Would you buy this product again? - No

For reference, I'm NW15/NW20 with normal, slightly dry skin. I have blue eyes with naturally straight, long eyelashes that have a slight curl. I have brown hair that is a few inches past my collar bone.

Pros: really cheap.

Cons: packaging is horrid, it's hard to get any powder out, the brush is stiff and short, bad coverage, oxidized on me, colour range isn't good, cakey.

The only good thing I can find with this foundation is that it's incredibly cheap. The brush is useless, stiff and hurt my face - what is with Revlon including brushes on their foundations and powders?! The coverage was awful too - I applied so many layers of this product and it just wouldn't give me any decent coverage. It also highlighted all my imperfections! I got the lightest shade and its way too dark for me. It also oxidized on me after an hour so I had to rinse it off in the bathrooms at work! Unless you have absolutely perfect skin, I'd give this one a miss.

However, I've found that mixing a very small amount of this powder with a moisturizer turns it into a fantastic product! The coverage is sheer, but its just what I need for nipping out to places when I don't want to spend too much time on my makeup. Also, spraying 4-5 sprays of MAC Fix+ onto your face after applying gives it a really natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by MAComella31

I'm definitly so-so with this product, it has probably medium coverage, some pros and cons for it are
Pros: Great color, i love the built in roll down brush, lots of powder inside.
Cons: takes of a lot of the liquid fondation i applied before it, even after letting it dry. also, it smelled like cat urine,

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by DebraWrd

I got this in Light. The brush isn't soft enough but I think it might be good to use in a pinch say in the car or something when you are not at home. I am 38. This product accentuated my fine crow's feet around my eyes!! Yikes! I think it made me look older instantly! It didn't reduce the slight pinkness around my nose or my chin. There is little noticeable pigment. I tried this on my 10 and 12yo daughter's and it looked powdery on them and they have beautiful youthful skin! It cost me $13.99 in a promotion to buy one get one half off.