October 20, 2014 | 1141 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by val622

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 3 years now since looking for a cheaper alternative to my GloMinerals base powder foundation. I find it to be very comparable at almost three times as cheap. I wear the Light 2 - Classic Ivory shade which perfectly matches my light, yellow-toned skin. Before putting it on, I individually cover any really red spots with a separate, cream concealer using a fine concealer brush. Afterward, I brush this on using a kabuki. It imparts really good coverage this way. The finish is beautiful when you first put it on. However, I must note that if you have oily skin you will start to shine within 3 hours. I've seen that after 8 hours of continuous wear it gets just SLIGHTLY blotchy on my skin, somewhat sinking into fine lines. Since I'm so in love with the finish of this product I'm willing to work around it, so I prime before putting any makeup on and maybe touch up once throughout the day if I need to, and I'll be fine. Overall this is a really good mineral powder foundation compared to most drugstore foundations. It fits my coverage needs and doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Laexx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great alternative to higher end mineral makeups out there! I've been using it off & on for a few years now and have never broken out from it!

One container lasts about a month of everyday use, and its makes you look great for a few hours. (Have to reapply another layer after about 4-5 hours)

The only con is it makes you look "chalky" for about an hour after you first put it on, but after then it combines very well with your natural moisture and looks TOTALLY natural!

Its so great I can even sleep in it (and often do if boyfriends are over!!!) and I STILL don't have breakouts! LOVE IT for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupbylala

Personally I am in LOVE with this product! I've been on and off using this product (due to it being discontinued) for about two years but when I heard it was back on the shelves well I ran to the store. Its great coverage that last around 4 hours you just need to reapply it once and your good. Not too cakey its perfect. The price however can be a little pricey (depending where you live ) goes around from 7-13$ but its honesty well worth it. I get mine at my cities flea market for around 2 for $5 and well for that price I get nearly around 8 of them. Back to the product ! It comes with a little brush which is very helpful for first time users and the fact its mineral makes its even of so amazing ! <3 in all its a great product I would definitely recommend this product

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by rmless

Just tried this since it was half off at my CVS- maybe they are discontinuing it?
I got the 2nd lightest shade and it looks ok.
It's a little pinker than my natural skin tone but not too far off.
The brush that comes with it scratches and hurts so I'll be using my Chanel brush from now on with it.
Feels a little dry when it is first on but now a few hours later it doesn't feel like I am wearing anything. The color is still there and I haven't sweat it off yet which is nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by reinabeina

the powder is so-so (mattifies for a short while, less than 3 hours), but the brush is THE worst. dump the brush and use your own. the brush made me break out (sensitive, oily skin in tropical climate). and if you're in a non US country, this isn't cheap either...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by AhziieSkye

i love how this doesn't cause me to break out. it feels light and looks natural. i use it with the finishing veil to keep the oiliness away.

its kinda messy but i guess that's how it is with most mineral foundations. the brush that comes with it isn't that good as others have mentioned. the shade doesnt exactly match my face but it's good enough.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this product considering it claims to be "mineral". I had been searching for a powder that would meet two requirements for me; minimize shine for a few hours and not cause acne. The price was great so I decided to give it a shot. Unfortunately this powder met neither requirement. It didn't keep the shine at bay at all, and it caused all sorts of acne and blackheads to surface. I only realized too late that the various powders I had been trying all had one common ingredient: Talc. This was my source of acne and irritation. This "mineral" product also contains talc, just as many tradtional non-mineral powders do. The brush that comes with this powder is also terrible, it has extremely rough bristles that feel awful against your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by WindowKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used the the "Pure Beige" and loved it, and now I purchased just the finishing powder and still love it! I just use powder to set my make-up or to rid myself of the mid day shine, and this works wonders no color over color so its very nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

First and foremost, I'm a huge fan of mineral makeup because it is so easy to apply and i never have to worry about spilling gooey liquid makeup or using a bacteria harboring sponge. I find that mineral makeup helps cover up blemishes better than any liquid or matte mouse makeup. Having said all that I was very tempted to try Mineral Power Powder Foundation. The package includes a travel mineral brush which is very helpful since i am always on the run. I found that i had to put on a little bit more than i regularly do for mineral makeup to reach the coverage that i desired. I found that my face looked a little but paler then usual and a little chalky/dusty look. This makeup did not give me a smooth flawless finish and did not last all day. I will most likely not purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by anabanj

I usually use revlon colorstay liquid foundation, but I love this for when I want a natural look. I just use this with concealer on my blemishes and my skin looks amazing but natural. It's never caused me to break out or make my pimples worse. I know i'll definitely be using this a lot in the summer.
Btw, the kabuki that comes with this is horrible and veryyyyy scratchy so just use your own powder or kabuki brush - the powder brush from e.l.f. for $3 works great with this.