November 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by cakefaceangie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would say that it's a decent eye primer. It prevent my shadow from creasing and it helps it stay. My issue with the product is that the formula seperates and the tube has to be well shaken, if not, it comes out watery and won't get tacky so it won't help the makeup adhere. Works great, aside from that issue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

I don't need a primer every day (I don't wear much, if any eyeshadow on an everyday basis). But if I'm going for something I want to last, or if I'm wearing something dramatic, this is the only primer that works for me. Urban Decay primer potion creases on me, as does the Benefit primer I've tried. This is my favourite. It's basically colourless on the lid so it doesn't interfere with your shadow, and it lasts FOREVER. 4 lippies it tends to separate in the tube if you don't use it all the time, and that can get nasty when you get oily liquid spilling all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by vanessalee91

I have oily eyelids and I used to use the Urban Decay primer potion but it stopped working and after over a year of using this I can say it is the best for my eyes! A little goes along way and it has lasted me forever

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by jennlovescarlo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Greasy greasy greasy. I don't know if I got an old one or something but it was soooo greasy and disgusting. I was practically cringing when I put it on. I only bought it cause my sephora was out of urban decays primer potion. I thought it would be good considering it got great reviews. I'll use it until it's gone but won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't recommend this primer for water eyes. I always have trouble finding an primer or base for my water and oily eyelids. This primer does make my eyeshadow more vibrant but I just don't find it last long. After 2 hours I see fading and creasing no matter what eyeshadow I use. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by glanda

I didn't purchase it... I just asked for a sample from Sopher after I bought the NARS's one... I just want to have a try and find a better eye primer than NARS... however, this one really disappoint me... I have hooded eyes... so maybe it's not its fault... however, compared to the NARS one which keep my eyelines holding for about 5 hours... My eyelines smudged in 2 hours after I applied the Too Faced's one...== No.. not for oily hooded eyes...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I've have been using this primer for well over two years. The tube costs $20 but lasts forever! I already bought a second backup. This is the best eyeshadow primer I have ever used. It doesn't help my eyeshadow go on more vibrant per se, but there definitely is no creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Shelf2812

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very oily eyelids, and this primer works like a dream. One tube has lasted me well over a year, as it only takes a tiny drop per eyelid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just adding my 2 cents worth to the zillions of other people buying, using and enjoying this product. The tube size does seem small for the amount this costs (if you are from Aussie or NZ and can't buy Too Faced products direct from their site or too lazy to use Youshop etc you will know what I mean - I found this on BeautyBay) but you really only need the tiniest amount to cover each eyelid. I bought this back in Nov 12 and we're still chugging along together. I do alternate with other primer potions though.

Thin, creamy formula goes on smoothly and does the job of holding eye shadow in place all day and keeping them true to colour. I also have Nars, UD primer Potion and Lorac and find all comparable to Shadow Insurance and seem to work as well as each other,.

When Iv'e exhausted everything in my stash I would willingly repurchase Shadow Insurance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

Why have I waited so long before trying this gem?! I have oily eyelids (shadow, liner, all smudged within a few hours.) I've tried the Urban Decay primer potion (both in original and anti-aging, it was lackluster at best) and the NARS smudge proof eyeshadow base (this I loved but the cost deterred me from making a repeat purchase.) Then I picked up this up last week. It's $24 CAD for 0.35oz in a squeeze tube. I use the smallest amount then pack on Wet N Wild brulee (matte nude shade for my NC30 skin) and finally one of my UD liners from the Ocho Loco set. My liner is flawless after 12 hours. This is my one and only, I don't even want to try other eye primers. HG status. If you can, get a sample from your Sephora to try it.