Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm in love with this powder. It is on the pricey side but its worth it! I have to say it looks better on darker skin tones.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've used Mary Kay products going on 24 years. (Gasp). I had left the foundations because the shade match didn't work for me, and also I didn't like the newer formulas. I've been using Prescriptives Flawless for a few years, but that was discontinued. I have a few bottles of Prescriptives, but thought I'd try the MK mineral foundation on a whim.
Actually, I'm loving the mineral foundation! I'm very surprised that the color match (Ivory 2) is so good, and also that the coverage and look is what want too. I use MK oil mattifier and then Smashbox Photofinish primer before any foundation. The mineral powder foundation seems to control mid-day shine better than liquid, and the coverage stays put too. Quite surprised and pleased. Consider this if you are looking for a change!

The Mary Kay mineral foundation is amazing! It has the natural look that mineral make up provides and wears naturally and shine free on my skin all day long! I could not be happier everyone should give this mineral makeup a try. Plus, besides being a better product the price is much less than Bare Minerals at only $18.00!! Everyone needs to try this product! The best place I have found to order this product is from this Mary Kay Consultant website, she does not charge shipping! Here is the website! www.marykay.com/camilleharbaugh

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I used this a few times before giving it away to my neighbor. It's just not a quality product, IMO. The shades are off, meaning that the darker shades are pink based, which is crazy. It became very obvious at the jaw line in natural sunlight. It also broke me out. The brush that comes with it is rough on the skin and does not do a good job of properly distributing the product. I'll stick to the other foundations.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this on a recommendation from an amazing consultant who has never steered me wrong in the past. Since I have wanted to try the mineral thing for a while, I figured I would go for it. I have to say that based on my experience with this product, I'm not really buying into the hype. I have this in Ivory 2 and it just seems very chalky and doesn't provide much coverage at all. At best, this evens out my skin-tone but nothing else. I didn't completely pan it because I do think you get a decent amount of product for the price, but I definitely won't be repurchasing this. Also, the brush is not included in the price of the foundation.

When i first got this foundation i was happy. I got it in the ivory 1. I have combination oily skin. When i heard it was minerals the first things i thought is it will cover up my blemishes good and that it would help me control the oil on my face. Actually this product is very poor in covering anything. I feel like i have to use a lot of the product for it to actually work and that wastes a lot of my money. I feel like i am wearing no makeup at all and i kinda look like it too. I mean its better than nothing. I was not satisfied with this product. For the packaging it was pretty good. When you open it I like how they made a twist turn when opening your makeup then closing it so the powder wont fall out of it. For oilyness it didnt help a bit. For the wrinkle part I am only 16 years old so i cant tell you if it really covers up wrinkles or not.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mineral foundation is horrible! The range of shades is small. The one I picked (Ivory 2) went on very chalky and flat--it looked more like I needed to wash my face than anything else! Of course, if you look at the ingredient list, you'll see that Talc is up there, which would explain the chalkiness. It doesn't cover well and if you try to build up the coverage the worse it looks. I'm normally a Mary Kay fan but this one was one of the worst products they came up with: their liquid foundations and tinted moisturizers are far better. Save your money and pass on this one.

This stuff is awful. And I have used a lot of mineral foundations.. first of all this contains talc and mica.. these are cheap mineral fillers used in cosmetics. They DO NOT benefit your skin at all. Talc actually causes irritation and clogs pore while mica just makes your skin shimmery... and this stuff is NOT foundation.. it's literally like powder.. it doesn't blend in with your skin, it just sits on top.. if you have oily skin you can forget this product. I highly recommend BareMinerals.. at first I was not impressed with it, but after using this Mary Kay stuff I will use BareMinerals for the rest of my life.

Compare to other mineral foundations i've used, this one is a bit different. Very light non cakey. I just use this as a finishing powder on top of my liquid foundation. I use Beige 1 which matches my skin quite well. The packaging looks quite small for the price but overall this is one of the good mineral foundations i must say.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First of all, I'd like to say I've been using this product for almost a full year now. It is, in short, amazing. I use it with the special MKMPF brush, and I find it works really well. It's very light coverage, but that can be either a pro or a con depending on what you like. Personally, I just want a light foundation that will even out my skin tone from acne marks and general redness. This foundation definitely does just that. Another thing that I definitely like about it is how natural it looks. It is really the only face makeup I wear - no need for concealer! How amazing is that? Another thing I love about this product is how long it lasts. Even though I wear it almost religiously every day, it has lasted me six months. Which is a nice reason for wanting to splurge the money for it. Bottom Line: if you want light but natural coverage and are willing to pay the price, go for it. You won't be disappointed!