Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

3.3

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, squalane, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract/extrait d?orge, sucrose stearate, sea whip extract, cholesterol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), acetyl glucosamine, ppg-20 methyl glucose ether, caffeine, propylene glycol dicaprate, caprylyl glycol, stearic acid, sodium chloride, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, polyaminopropyl biguanide, yellow 5 (ci 19140), green 5 (ci 61570), blue 1 (ci 42090).

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought the redness solutions trial kit and used it twice. My skin is more irratated then ever. I wanted something to help my redness but for now I will stick with the avalon organics cleansing milk.

on 2/17/2012 12:39:00 PM

OH GOD, every single cleanser makes my skin feel dry, irritated and tight, but not this! It's actually feels moisturising. My skin is soo sensetive, and this is perfect. Don't know what else to say, love it!

Sorry for bad english, I'm from Sweden.

on 12/5/2011 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great cleanser that leaves my skin soft without tightness or dryness. My skin is very sensitive and I have been using water only for a long time because I haven't found anything gentle enough. This really calms down my skin. I love it!!

on 11/15/2011 8:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

?what can I say I used this stuff for a long time its not the greatest, but I haven't found anything better, I have Rosacea and sometimes my skin has what I call "bad days" and this really burns sometimes when I use it ...I have tried other products and cannot find one that doesn't give me some kind of rash...I've even used face was from the dermatologist but keep coming back to this ..so I will use it until I find something that works better.

on 10/16/2011 9:18:00 AM

Just bought the cleanser yesterday and I tried it today. My cheeks were red and I am amazed that they were instantly lighter in color almost normal. The texture of the cleanser is creamy and minty smelling.

My skin did not feel tight or extensively dry afterwards. While the cost is expensive, I would try this again.

on 10/9/2011 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I used a sample of this and didn't like it at all. It did absolutely nothing to remove my makeup, and I don't even wear much (bronzing powder and mascara, that's it) so I can't imagine ladies with foundation and eye makeup loving this. It didn't reduce redness or help with any irritation either. It just pissed me off that after I cleansed with this I had to go find some soap to actually clean my face. Would never purchase.

on 9/9/2011 1:37:00 PM

I love this face wash despite the fact that it does nothing for redness. I would expect that more from a moisturiser and less from a cleanser anyway. This product does not irritate my super sensitive, rosacea skin at all, which is a miracle. I find that it cleans well while being very gentle. I also love that it is a makeup remover, unlike other clinique cleansers. It even removes mascara. You have to use it a bit generously but it lasts about 3-4 months. The tube is the only thing that annoys me. The cap is badly designed and squirts out a bit extra as well as being not entirely hygienic. Overall though, I'm a big fan.

on 8/19/2011 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This has really worked for me. It definitely calms down my rosacea-prone, blotchy, on-the-dry-side skin and my skin looks better (less red) instantly after using. I do not use it for taking off eye makeup so I can't speak to its effectiveness for that. Love it and will definitely repurchase.

on 8/11/2011 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I paid for a travel size version of this, and I'm glad I didn't waste more money on a full size version instead!

I have mild rosacea. When I'm on birth control, my skin looks pretty good without makeup; minimal pinky-redness when I'm not on my period, generally cool skin, and some days I look positively pale! However, I'm ending my BC for a while, and my skin is a bit out of whack for the moment. (This has happened to me before, and it always takes a few weeks for my face to calm back down again.)

I figured this was the perfect time to try Clinique's Soothing Cleanser, so I could see if it really would calm or at the very least not irritate my skin. I've used it for two days now, and wasn't going to review it until one more day went by. However, I'm sitting here with annoyingly itchy skin - this is the same reaction I've had before with other Clinique products, like the Moisture Surge lotion, and, if memory serves me correctly, the Dramatically Different Moisturizer I used a decade+ ago.

I'm really disappointed in this product, because some of the raves on here, Sephora, and a few other random places online lead me to believe I'd have a good chance of being happy with the results. It does nothing to reduce redness from an immediate standpoint; I think my skin just feels better when I wash it with cool water. And now, of course, it's itching a bit, and I'm very aware that my skin FEELS different. Not tight, but definitely not like it usually does. I'm sort of considering going and washing this off with Dove - the only soap I can use on my skin! - and putting on some moisturizer, just to get rid of this weird feeling.

The texture of this product isn't great. It feels like I'm washing my skin with a thin, watery lotion. It doesn't foam or lather, and I'm sure it wouldn't remove face makeup at all. There's no scent, and I don't feel clean after washing with it, even though both times I've used it on bare skin that has had no makeup applied on it that day.

All in all, I would definitely not purchase this product again, nor will I be trying any of the other products in this line. I am now reminded why I stopped using Clinique skincare years before my rosacea even flared up! Save for their eye makeup remover and the acne spot healing gel I use for the occasional blemish, their products are just bad news for my skin. Viva la Dove soap!

on 8/7/2011 5:52:00 PM

Got a sample size from the clinique counter, took it along on vacation since it was the perfect size. My face broke out (specifically my cheeks) almost immediatly! I have sensitive skin prone to flare ups on my cheeks but hadn't had the problem in more than 6 months. This had to be the culprit, didn't use it again ans the flare up was gone within 24 hours. Very disappointing. Guess that's why I don't ever buy Clinique, I should have known better.