L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

on 8/11/2011 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I quite love this lip gloss. I love the applicater as it does plump up my lips but i disagree with the lasting power. This certainly does not last 8 hours i had to reapply every 3 hours or so but it looks gorgeous on the lips. I have it in several colors since i like it so much and will definitely repurchase.

on 7/13/2011 1:26:00 PM

I was really happy with these glosses. I have them in the regular and the plumping, I didnt find too much plump with the plumping one but I did find nice long wear with this. I even did a 6hr experiment video review:

on 4/26/2011 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have the shade #106 PLUMPED PINK. It's a pretty light pink with subtle multi colored shimmer. The lipgloss itself is pretty sheer.. but the color can be built if you apply a coat, let it dry for a minute or two and then apply another coat. When you apply it all at once, the color doesn't build as well. Considering it does dry on your lips, it's not hugely moisturizing (but long lasting lip colors never are anyway), so I usually apply a lip balm first. I think it's a great every day color for all skin tones. I also love the fat, flat, slanted applicator. It applies a good amount of product (not to mention it feels good to apply it). I don't find the actual color to be long lasting.. but long-er lasting than regular lip glosses. Will repurchase when on sale.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like the color. hate the smell. it smells terrible and yucky like chemicals

I have this lip gloss in the shade Blush. First, let me start with the positive... the shade is absolutely stunning! If you are looking for a nice light pink gloss, i would recommend this. If you are buying this for the so called 6 hour staying power... your out of luck :(. I also like the unique applicator and the packaging is nice. You also get a fair amount of product for the amount you spend. Hope this review was fairly helpful :)

on 4/8/2011 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Well gosh is this a love-hate product. The color I got, 415 Sunset, is a gorgeous dusty mauvey coral. The vag-shaped applicator is excellent. It really helps to contour the lip shape better. And although it doesn't last through eating and drinking, technically speaking, this can indeed last six hours in my experience.

The bad news? Everything else! For one, I love how L'Oreal advertises the cap of the lip gloss as a mirror. Not very useful when you are applying the gloss while HOLDING the cap. The color of this gloss, while pretty and true in tone of the packaging, is not as bold or vivid as the tube suggests. This is a light coverage gloss. But all of that is forgivable. The worst part of this gloss is the texture. It's slimy, sticky, thick gloss. Equivalent to the feeling that you smothered your lips in molasses. And if that wasn't bad enough, from my memory this is the first gloss I've ever used that managed to dry out my lips to the point of chapping them. L'Oreal's claim of this gloss having a hydrating formula is a total joke...this stuff eats through lip balm and has no moisturizing properties whatsoever! It makes the gloss last, but I wouldn't really want something with this texture and feeling to last, and thus this simply isn't the product for me.

on 2/18/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in 825, or Dulce De Leche. I really wanted a lip gloss in a bronzey shade, harder to find than one might think as most glosses are reds, pinks, wines/berries, corals, then nudes. However, a metallic "nude" is not so common. This does fall under the nude category of the L'oreal Infinity glosses, and of the ones I saw, only this seemed to have that extra glint of shimmer which I was looking for. When I say "metallic" I really don't mean heavily frosted, but shimmer and hopefully some shine, in a warm bronze tone and this appeared to fit the bill.

In the tube this is gorgeous, gleaming like a dark 14 k gold with stunning shimmer. It applies darker than it appears, and is "metallic" though not in a bad way, meaning the shimmer is certainly noticeable and desirable in my opinion, not a heavy frost by any means. This is not your usual gloss as it has very little shine, looks more like a lipstick when worn. Its a lovely shade, though I wish it were more true to its name, "gloss."

As for staying power, I have only worn this a few times and it did not stay much longer than most lipsticks, however, a lot longer than most glosses. 6 hr wear? Not on me but maybe my lips were not dry enough at the onset (I either had applied a balm or other gloss earlier in the day), or it simply doesn't wear that well on me.

But for the color which is so rare, I would buy this again, also because I hate most doe foot applicators but like these. They're wide and thin, not narrow and thick, so they don't absorb a ton of gloss like most wands do. I normally go for slant tip glosses for that reason but again could not find a similar shade anywhere in that form. This looks great topped with a shinier gloss in a nude, or clear, and I may mostly wear it that way since I am a lg fan and love the look of slightly more lacquered lips.

I did want to add this is in no way like the traditional long wearing two step lip glosses I've tried in the past. While this does take a moment or so to "set," it never fully does as those do, wherein the first layer dries to a dull finish then you apply a clear, moist finish. Instead this remains somewhat moist to the touch making it look better and providing a more comfortable wear, but that's also why it likely lacks staying power, on me anyway.

on 2/4/2011 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have Infallible lip gloss in #825 Dulce de Leche, and it is fabulous. I LOVE the color, the formulation. For several months now, I've been experimenting with the L'Oreal Infallible lip product family, and have 5 of 8 colors in the plumping formula, which I do like. However, I find that the "regular" Infallible lip gloss (vs. plumping) is less sticky, however also less color-enduring. Regardless, I adore the regular Infallible formula more because it's just more comfortable to wear, and I love this color, a shimmery bronzy nude for everywhere wear. One big HINT I highly suggest for users complaining of clumping, gooping, caking: Try applying only 1 single coat of color, then gently smack lips together, not too much and let dry for about 4-5 min before drinking, etc. The applicator especially makes a single coat application successful, and I promise one coat will make the wear much more enjoyable and pretty :)

on 2/3/2011 10:08:00 PM

As a lipgloss, it does stay on much longer than normal lipgloss. 6 hours? Not quite, the colors are nice- and it does stay on quite long for a lipgloss. I would def recommend this. It's a little steep at 8 dollars I'd probably wait for a sale, or a coupon like I did but it's a good lipgloss.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I hate lip glosses; they're sticky, drying, and usually have horrible pigmentation. But I stopped by at CVS for the 75% off sale and thought about giving this lip gloss a try. I have never been so happy with a longshot.

The wand is different- in a good way; it beats the squeezy tubes. The wand end is flat with a little hole in the middle. The applicator allows you to get the right amount of product in one application. The tiny tip is great for getting the corners. I currently only purchased Rebel Red. I was contemplating whether or not to get the plumping ones since I already have full lips but I love the feel. The pigmentation is magnificent and the texture is smooth but still a little too sticky for my taste. There is some fine shimmer but it's not too overbearing and it's tolerable. The gloss is buildable and the price is reasonable.

On my lips, after eating, talking, and drinking, stayed on for 8 hours even though it only claims to stay on for 6 hours. So main point: the lasting power is incredible.

I will be repurchasing! The prices range between $4.50 - $9.50 depending where you get them. There is a significant amount of colors to choose from, mostly plums and pinks- including the plumping collection.

Enjoy!(: