September 22, 2014 | 1289 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I have the shade #106 PLUMPED PINK. It's a pretty light pink with subtle multi colored shimmer. The lipgloss itself is pretty sheer.. but the color can be built if you apply a coat, let it dry for a minute or two and then apply another coat. When you apply it all at once, the color doesn't build as well. Considering it does dry on your lips, it's not hugely moisturizing (but long lasting lip colors never are anyway), so I usually apply a lip balm first. I think it's a great every day color for all skin tones. I also love the fat, flat, slanted applicator. It applies a good amount of product (not to mention it feels good to apply it). I don't find the actual color to be long lasting.. but long-er lasting than regular lip glosses. Will repurchase when on sale.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by shcjeunbyeol

I like the color. hate the smell. it smells terrible and yucky like chemicals

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeup97

I have this lip gloss in the shade Blush. First, let me start with the positive... the shade is absolutely stunning! If you are looking for a nice light pink gloss, i would recommend this. If you are buying this for the so called 6 hour staying power... your out of luck :(. I also like the unique applicator and the packaging is nice. You also get a fair amount of product for the amount you spend. Hope this review was fairly helpful :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well gosh is this a love-hate product. The color I got, 415 Sunset, is a gorgeous dusty mauvey coral. The vag-shaped applicator is excellent. It really helps to contour the lip shape better. And although it doesn't last through eating and drinking, technically speaking, this can indeed last six hours in my experience.

The bad news? Everything else! For one, I love how L'Oreal advertises the cap of the lip gloss as a mirror. Not very useful when you are applying the gloss while HOLDING the cap. The color of this gloss, while pretty and true in tone of the packaging, is not as bold or vivid as the tube suggests. This is a light coverage gloss. But all of that is forgivable. The worst part of this gloss is the texture. It's slimy, sticky, thick gloss. Equivalent to the feeling that you smothered your lips in molasses. And if that wasn't bad enough, from my memory this is the first gloss I've ever used that managed to dry out my lips to the point of chapping them. L'Oreal's claim of this gloss having a hydrating formula is a total joke...this stuff eats through lip balm and has no moisturizing properties whatsoever! It makes the gloss last, but I wouldn't really want something with this texture and feeling to last, and thus this simply isn't the product for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I have this in 825, or Dulce De Leche. I really wanted a lip gloss in a bronzey shade, harder to find than one might think as most glosses are reds, pinks, wines/berries, corals, then nudes. However, a metallic "nude" is not so common. This does fall under the nude category of the L'oreal Infinity glosses, and of the ones I saw, only this seemed to have that extra glint of shimmer which I was looking for. When I say "metallic" I really don't mean heavily frosted, but shimmer and hopefully some shine, in a warm bronze tone and this appeared to fit the bill.

In the tube this is gorgeous, gleaming like a dark 14 k gold with stunning shimmer. It applies darker than it appears, and is "metallic" though not in a bad way, meaning the shimmer is certainly noticeable and desirable in my opinion, not a heavy frost by any means. This is not your usual gloss as it has very little shine, looks more like a lipstick when worn. Its a lovely shade, though I wish it were more true to its name, "gloss."

As for staying power, I have only worn this a few times and it did not stay much longer than most lipsticks, however, a lot longer than most glosses. 6 hr wear? Not on me but maybe my lips were not dry enough at the onset (I either had applied a balm or other gloss earlier in the day), or it simply doesn't wear that well on me.

But for the color which is so rare, I would buy this again, also because I hate most doe foot applicators but like these. They're wide and thin, not narrow and thick, so they don't absorb a ton of gloss like most wands do. I normally go for slant tip glosses for that reason but again could not find a similar shade anywhere in that form. This looks great topped with a shinier gloss in a nude, or clear, and I may mostly wear it that way since I am a lg fan and love the look of slightly more lacquered lips.

I did want to add this is in no way like the traditional long wearing two step lip glosses I've tried in the past. While this does take a moment or so to "set," it never fully does as those do, wherein the first layer dries to a dull finish then you apply a clear, moist finish. Instead this remains somewhat moist to the touch making it look better and providing a more comfortable wear, but that's also why it likely lacks staying power, on me anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Artbum

I have Infallible lip gloss in #825 Dulce de Leche, and it is fabulous. I LOVE the color, the formulation. For several months now, I've been experimenting with the L'Oreal Infallible lip product family, and have 5 of 8 colors in the plumping formula, which I do like. However, I find that the "regular" Infallible lip gloss (vs. plumping) is less sticky, however also less color-enduring. Regardless, I adore the regular Infallible formula more because it's just more comfortable to wear, and I love this color, a shimmery bronzy nude for everywhere wear. One big HINT I highly suggest for users complaining of clumping, gooping, caking: Try applying only 1 single coat of color, then gently smack lips together, not too much and let dry for about 4-5 min before drinking, etc. The applicator especially makes a single coat application successful, and I promise one coat will make the wear much more enjoyable and pretty :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by kimmerz4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a lipgloss, it does stay on much longer than normal lipgloss. 6 hours? Not quite, the colors are nice- and it does stay on quite long for a lipgloss. I would def recommend this. It's a little steep at 8 dollars I'd probably wait for a sale, or a coupon like I did but it's a good lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Tiffieotheory14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate lip glosses; they're sticky, drying, and usually have horrible pigmentation. But I stopped by at CVS for the 75% off sale and thought about giving this lip gloss a try. I have never been so happy with a longshot.

The wand is different- in a good way; it beats the squeezy tubes. The wand end is flat with a little hole in the middle. The applicator allows you to get the right amount of product in one application. The tiny tip is great for getting the corners. I currently only purchased Rebel Red. I was contemplating whether or not to get the plumping ones since I already have full lips but I love the feel. The pigmentation is magnificent and the texture is smooth but still a little too sticky for my taste. There is some fine shimmer but it's not too overbearing and it's tolerable. The gloss is buildable and the price is reasonable.

On my lips, after eating, talking, and drinking, stayed on for 8 hours even though it only claims to stay on for 6 hours. So main point: the lasting power is incredible.

I will be repurchasing! The prices range between $4.50 - $9.50 depending where you get them. There is a significant amount of colors to choose from, mostly plums and pinks- including the plumping collection.

Enjoy!(:

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just started using these lipglosses and I have to say that I like them. I have three(Sangria, Rebel Red and Raisin Glaze) and all three flatter my skin and have enough color for my pigmented lips. At first I didn't like the slightly tacky feeling after the color settled, but now it doesn't bother me. The shine is noticeable, yet not blinding and the scent is tolerable. I also like the applicator, even though it's a new shape for me. Oh and I think the shimmer makes them more appealing for evening, yet still natural enough for day. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who wants quality lipglosses for less money.
Oh and they also have these in a formula that plumps lips, but I don't use those because my lips are big.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by blueberryfrost

I have this in Modern Mauve. The first time I used it, I hated it because of the smell, so it sat unused for quite a long time. Recently I decided to pick it up again, and now I like it a lot! Applied on bare lips, it is MLBB sheer mauve with subtle shimmer, very flattering. But the best part of this gloss is its ability to transform lipsticks into pure gorgeousness. I'm not sure if all the other Infallible shades are like this, but Modern Mauve makes EVERY lipstick look so incredible! And it seals in the color on my lips so the lipstick lasts for many hours. I rather like the wand, it is an interesting heart shape with a hole that collects gloss (the wand kinda reminds me of an innoculating loop...I think I've been spending too much time in the science lab at school LOL). It applies smooth but kind of "dries down" to a tacky finish, which prolongs the wear time. It does not last 6 hours (duh, show me a gloss that does!) but it lasts more like 2 or 3. It isn't exactly sticky but it has an adhesive like texture....it doesn't really bother me but may bother some. But if you can handle a MAC lipglass, you can certainly handle this. The scent is kind of medicinal, sort of like faint Carmex, but I've gotten used to it now. They sell for like $10 at Walgreens and about $7 at Walmart. Anyway, I plan on getting more shades because it's made my lipstick collection so much more versatile!