July 29, 2014 | 1221 users online

Moisturizers - Argan Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by TanniMH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have recently just started using argan oil on my face and a little bit in my hair when its still wet. I can't really say much for it in my hair apart from it has made it some what softer.

As for my face I have noticed a difference in a good way. I apply it at night then use a face roller/massager from the body shop to massage it in to my face.
It has improved my skin tone and just the general appearance of my skin I can't really explain what exactly it has done but my skin looks more even, it is more hydrated and generally feels better.

Argan Oil is a 'dry' oil meaning it absorbs in to the skin fast and doesn't leave too much of a greasy finish. It has a nutty subtle scent that doesn't really last long. Be careful where you get your argan oil from, I got mine from ebay but there are loads of cheap so called 'organic' products online. It isn't very expensive but it cost me £10 for about 60ml (2oz) and then another £5 for postage and packaging.
It should come in a dark coloured bottle or container, if its in a clear container most likely it isn't the real stuff as Argan oil doesn't react well to sunlight. It should have a slight scent nothing offensive or cosmetic smelling just a kinda natural smell.
Overall I think Argan oil is a great product it apparently has anti-ageing properties so I will be using it hopefully for a long time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin hates argan oil. I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin that does pretty well with coconut oil. I was looking for something that was a little lighter for day use and thought this might work. It felt nice enough, light and fluid, sunk in nicely and didn't make me feel like an oil slick. During the day, however, it starts making my skin feel "suffocated" and gives me painful whiteheads and clogged pores. This definitely doesn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Argan oil is nice but doesn't help me with my dry skin... I haven't used it on my dry hair yet, so I'll have to see if I get any benefits there... I bought generic pure argan oil in a dropper bottle from a vitamin website for $9 rather than trying Josie Maran's much more expensive version from Sephora for the same size. I read that all argan oil comes from a solitary quality-controlled source in Morocco, so paying higher prices for well-known brands wouldn't make a difference in quality or purity (hope that's true).

I'm a formerly oily skinned person whose complexion dried up in the past several years with the creeping changes of advancing age & am now looking for relief of parched skin & wrinkles rather than pimples & shine (one curse is exchanged for another). I liked Tarte's maracuja oil but I'd never pay full price for a full-size bottle (I always bought sample sizes) & it's slightly rancid scent was off-putting & made me wonder if it passed its freshness threshold even when it was new. Maracuja is a light-textured oil & didn't clog my skin. I heard nonstop wonderful things about argan oil & I knew nothing breaks me out anymore, so I thought I'd try argan for its heavier, richer texture. The amazing thing about this argan is that it actually absorbs into skin without absolutely any greasy afterfeel - that's different from moist oils IME. But the disappointing thing is that my skin (hands & face) was still left uncomfortably dry after it would fully absorb. Upon application, it feels soothing & comforting, but it ultimately doesn't help my dryness problem. So on to trying other things... CeraVe cream (good but not enough)... Vaseline Repairing Moisture lotion (surprisingly much better)... Neutrogena Sesame Body Oil (good stuff actually)... & finally, pure hyaluronic acid serum (hello good relief response!).

I wanted argan to be a good moisture sealer, the top layer to a nighttime skin regimen. But after it sinks in, it's like I never put it on. Perhaps I could better use it in the summer when air humidity is comfortably higher. This dry winter weather is killing me. I'll give argan oil a try on my crispy hair.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

I am relatively late jumping on the bandwagon with the seemingly never-ending argan oil craze. I finally succumbed to trying it after seeing it in everything from shampoo to skincare. I wound up purchasing the Studio 35 Beauty brand from Walgreens, which lists only argania spinosa kernel oil, at a reasonable price of $15 for 1.7 oz. It is a very light-weight oil that doesn't feel overly greasy, so major props for that. The brand I bought has absolutely no scent. I am only reviewing it for the purposes of skincare, since no oil has ever worked on my fine hair, no matter how light-weight it claims to be. I do find it to be adequately moisturizing (although on really dry skin days, this is not enough by itself) for my body and face, and I don't think I've broken out from it at all.
Am I absolutely in love? Unfortunately, no. I just find it too similar to other oils that perform pretty much the same functions (jojoba, almond, and camellia oil), and I just don't see a huge difference in the condition of my skin. I definitely wouldn't pay what some companies are asking for the same amount of this oil, which in my opinion, borders on the insane. I recommend doing research for cheaper options online and in health food stores.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I had high hopes for this oil because I've heard and read so many good things about it, but as always, everyone's skin is different. Unfortunately, I am lumped into the minority of people who have a strong, bad reaction to this oil. It went on fine for a few hours (sank in quickly, made my skin soft), but then I broke out in whiteheads the next day. Then I went through a full MONTH of cystic acne all over my face and neck where I applied it. It was extremely painful and embarassing, and I stopped using this oil immediately. (I did double check that it was argan oil causing all the acne since I had no changes in my makeup, skin or eating regime up until then.)

Obviously, I didn't patch test ahead of hand. I always suggest you do that with any new skin product, particularly with oils!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I bought argan oil as a substitute for Moroccan Oil for my hair however it just made my hair greasy so ended up using it as a makeup remover and as a moisturiser for my face.
It is a great makeup remover especially for waterproof mascara and it is very gentle to your skin while moisturising it.

I wouldn't buy argan oil again simply because I prefer using Bioderma as a makeup remover, extra virgin coconut oil as a body moisturiser, Macadamia Oil treatment for my hair and Astral cream as a face moisturiser.
Nevertheless it's a good product.

Different uses for Argan Oil:

1) as a body moisturiser

2) as a hair conditioner

3) as a make-up remover

4) as a face moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this for a few months, but recently after an overseas trip, I was forced to leave it, and other skin care items behind as my luggage was over weight. In all honesty, I couldn't tell all that much of a difference while using it, but for the last two weeks, man!!! I can tell!! No matter how much moisturiser I use, my skin just feels THIRSTY! I didn't realise just how hydrating this is. I really can't pinpoint the EXACT effect it has on my skin, but it definitely does something. I won't even say it makes my skin glow, because my skin never glows, but something just looks like it's missing. I've just ordered another bottle, and anxiously awaiting to start using again. I 100% believe in using oils on my face now, I just get the feeling that that is what is best absorbed into the skin.
LOVE IT!! =D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought pure, cold-pressed, organic argan oil from Simpler Botanicals. It was $15.99 at Wholefoods. I wanted to see how well it would do on my hair since I have tried a couple of hair lines that tout argan oil as an ingredient. Unfortunately argan oil is listed either in the middle or end of the ingredient list. With this, I only pump a nickel sized amount onto my hand, emulsify between my palms and then work the oil into my hair. I let it sit for practically eight hours before I shampooed it out. My hair was very shiny and soft. It looked and felt well-nourished. I will try to add this to my favorite conditioning treatments to see how well it does and I have yet to try this on my skin. From what I can tell it does an excellent job of conditioning my hair and would even work as a sealer after a leave-in conditioner. update 1/2014: I recently incorporated this into my skin care regimen. I use a very small drop at night after cleansing to add some moisture into my skin. It sinks in quickly and leaves my skin calm and glowing in the morning. I have not seen much clogging yet so I am crossing my fingers that this works out for me in the long run. I also still love it for my hair. I add a tablespoon to my conditioner or cream leave-ins once in a while to boost shine and moisturizing benefits.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by NotoriousCharity

The Argan oil on its own didn't do much other than moisturize so don't fall for any drastic before and after photos like I did. But since itís chock full of vitamin E it was perfect to mix with a pinch of vitamin C powder and a few drops of distilled water to make the homemade vitamin C serum (also on makeupalley). I also use either a 1.5 or 0.5 dermaroller beforehand before applying so the serum penetrates deeper. The argan oil itself is a very nice oil and weightless on the skin. I brought a 4 oz bottle on ebay from archer159.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by lisa_thejack

Woohoo, this stuff is amazing! I mix it with aloe vera gel and apply all over my face, eye area and body and the results are outstanding. I like to combine it with aloe vera gel because it absorbs almost instantly so you're left with no oily film, just incredibly smooth skin for at least 24hrs. It doesn't clog pores, it doesn't smell bad and it doesn't cost a fortune (compared to most beauty products which do absolutely nothing). What it does do is smooth wrinkle out, even skin tone and soften skin like no other stuff has EVER done. I don't use scrubs, useless masks or any sort of acid on my face. This argan/aloe combo preceded by that wonderful cleansing tool called Clarisonic is all I use and both my skin and I have never been happier.