December 22, 2014 | 1638 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

If you've ever seen Josie Maran on QVC she legit calls this oil liquid gold. Not exactly Josie. This does a mediocre job at moisturizing which is weird considering it's an oil. I use it at night and when I wake up my skin doesn't look or feel any special. It's very greasy on the skin and doesn't absorb well at all. Also the dropper holds too much oil which can make it easy to use too much. Tarte's beauty oil gives my skin better results.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Stphiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This face oil is 100% organic all natural! I only put it on at night. I'm in love with this oil because when I wake up the next morning my skin feels soft and luminous! It also helped out with a skin problem I had which was my face being too oily! (weird huh) <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice oil. I've been using coconut oil on my skin for years now and it helped me through some of my worst breakouts, but recently have had some blemishes that just won't seem to go away. A few days ago I started using the argan oil instead (at night before bed) and my skin is starting to become clear again and the lines in my forehead are softening. My skin is glowing and radiant and it actually helps make my oily face less oily by morning and it lasts through the day. It's a dry oil so it doesn't feel greasy and it absorbs fairly quickly. Also great to use in your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by candymarie2

This is the best moisturizer I have ever used on my face! Nothing compares! I was hesitant on trying oils for my face because it seemed weird. Once I tried a sample I was hooked! It left my skin feeling softer than ever! I apply at night after using my Clarisonic and it goes on a little oily at first. This isn't something I would recommend applying in the morning before makeup as it can take some time for it to soak into your skin. (Maybe use the light version for that) When I wake up in the morning my skin feels and looks amazing!!! I will never go without this stuff! HG for sure! It's versatile and can be used a lot of different ways and it's worth every penny!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by cvandt22

Just ok! Didn't seem to sink into my skin very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by CAROLINA1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the previous reviews - Josie Marans argan is pure but it is DEODORIZED. Which means it has been heated to remove the scent. Unrefined/virgin argan oil has a scent some say nutty others say dirty diaper. That is why Josie doesn't sell it b/c many do not like it. I have tried Josies but I prefer the brand Sweet Essentials. They have both argans. I get the unrefined as the scent does not bother me and it leaves after 15 mins or so. I pay $26 for a 8oz bottle with a pump! You also have to understand this is a natural item and sometimes they just don't work for you while they do others. You have to play around with different oils to find the one that helps. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by lolita97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ughhh. SO many people have said such great things about it! i have sensitive acne prone skin and this broke me out (only blemishes though). The first time i used it i awoke with supple clear skin, the next morning i awoke with supple but blemished skin. It's such a beautiful oil though! so advice using it on your hair and body instead because it's nice and luxurious. But, from reviews, i heard that this isn't pure, natural argan oil so you'd be better off buying the real stuff anyway!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh...it was ok...didn't do anything special for me. I have normal skin with slight dryness on my cheeks. I used this for a month and wasn't impressed because it didn't make my skin look better or moisturize that well. If I used too little, it didn't moisturize well, but too much and it didn't sink in. I switched to Life Flo Rosehip seed oil and after 3 days of use, my skin tone was brighter and more even tone! It also moisturizes well and sinks into my skin immediately. The Rosehip Seed oil is only $7 for an ounce with better benefits!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by arieljocelyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is an excellent moisturizer for my acne-prone skin. Lotion moisturizers always make me break out, but if I don't use a moisturizer, my skin gets really flaky and my makeup gathers in patches. Like a lot of people, I felt apprehensive about putting oil on my already-oily face, but my worry was unfounded. A couple of small drops is enough to make my skin feel hydrated without being slimy. My makeup goes on like a dream when I put the argan oil on beforehand (I only use it once a day--in the morning--because it makes my makeup look much better). Also, my skin has noticeably improved in terms of acne, redness, and texture. If you have acne and are looking for a moisturizer, I would definitely recommend using a small amount of argan oil once a day after you wash your face. It seems weird, but I'm so happy I tried this method of moisturizing my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Jasminion

I have been using this inconsistently since December 2013. I have no idea if it's made a positive difference for my skin. But what I will say is I'm impressed that as an oil it doesn't leave my skin feeling oily and it only takes a short while to absorb into my skin. Like I said I don't know if it has done anything for me which goes to show you hyped products may not always work for everyone.