September 18, 2014 | 1322 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by JulieGordie

LOVE THIS STUFF! Never would I ever think I would like putting oil on my face BUT oil dissolves oil and this makes me less oily! Only use this stuff at night! When I wake up my skin has soaked in all the moisture and feels great. I will use this stuff forever to maintain moisture and smooth hydrated skin. Also I got the small bottle for only $14 at sephora and only use three drops every night!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Julesbee2249

This oil is SO amazing! But don't be an idiot & wear this during the day.. This is definitely something you put on your face before you go to bed. Use the light version for the day. This oil will moisturize your skin & leave it looking healthy & beautiful! Wish I could change the price though. But that's what Ebay is for!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

I absolutely love this stuff! I am a fan of face oils. I have normal/dry skin and use this argan oil on a daily basis. I apply a few drops into my face right before my daily moisturizer, especially around my eyes and this keeps me hydrated all day long. My concealer goes on smoother and doesn't look dry or old. It doesn't affect my m/u at all.

I use it in the PM as my night time moisturizer too. I've put it in my hair and it just tames my frizzies without looking greasy.

This stuff is wonderful, and I will always have it on hand. I love JM's oils so much I have the Argan Light as well as the LE Radiance one, and the bronze one. Love em all!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mariselayoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

A majority of these reviews are very positive, so even though I cannot use the product myself, I still think you should go ahead and try it in case you do see positive results!

However, please purchase a sample first! I found it caused me to break out and have eczema on my face after one single use as a moisturizer. I used it in the morning underneath my makeup and my skin did feel nice and soft, but that night I noticed my face was very itchy and there were red splotches appearing on my face. As someone with a past with acne who now has clear skin, I was horrified and wondered if the cruel hands of fate had decided to bring back my pizza face days of yore. However, when I washed all my makeup off, I noticed the small bumps that were covering my cheeks, eczema. And as someone with no history of eczema, this was particularly strange. I know if I had used it any longer, I would have broken out again.

I looked online for people who had similar experiences, and there are a lot of people who experienced the same affects, so you never know if you might react the same way!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by missypie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff has helped my skin so much during these cold winter months where I live. I use it underneath one of my Caryl Baker moisturizers and the two together work wonders! Thank god for this stuff!!! Going to stay a part of my makeup routine for years to come. It is a bit pricey but worth it because of the results!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like using this on my face as it doesn't absorb well and seems to just sit atop my skin. Instead, I've taken to using this as a post-shampoo conditioning treatment when my hair is freshly washed and more or less dry. Gives the hair a nice healthy sheen to it, which is lovely given that I have damaged hair and prefer to avoid silicone-laden hair products to de-frizz. I wouldn't necessarily repurchase this particular brand of argan oil as it's marked up due to the brand-name, but probably try a less expensive, organic brand available at a health food shop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I got this as part of my Sephora Superstars collection. I tried using it as my moisturizer, but I wasn't a fan of it at all. However, I have been putting it in my hair after a shower and wrapping it in a Turbie Twist while I get dressed and do my makeup. My hair as never been softer or looked shinier. This is just too expensive for what it is. I purchased a bottle of pure Argan oil on Haute Look, and from what I understand, you can also get it at most health food stores. The Sephora collection was definitely a good value for all that you get in it, but that's the only way I'd purchase this oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am about the repurchase this lovely product after resurrecting the small bottle from my stash. I was in a bit of a panic after using a Regenerist cream that was more exfoliating than moisturizing, and ending up with very dry, sandpapery and flaky skin. I couldn't think of what to slather on my skin as it was as sensitive as it's ever been and I needed something that was non irritating, fragrance free, and soothing. My skin really drank this up, and I realized I had been a little wary of using an oil regularly on my skin. This particular oil absorbed very well and fairly quickly, caused no irritation whatsoever, and I did not get one single zit. There is no aroma at all. I know that there are many less expensive argan oils out there, but I am not in the market to try any others at the moment, as I am still recovering from the Olay skin cream experiment and the JM worked it's wonders for me. I'm not opposed to sampling some other brands if I can find them in person.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is amazing!!! I am 45, I live in a borough of New York City, and we have had a very, very harsh and cold winter. I don't own a car, so my face takes a beating in the winter. I was having problems with eczema on my face and neck from this horrible winter (which, of course, looked awful), and even went to the dermatologist to get prescription cortisone cream (which worked, but is NOT something I wanted to use too much). Then I was in Sephora and decided to give this a try....well, I'm FLABBERGASTED. It is WONDERFUL. The eczema is almost gone, my face is glow-y and plump and moisturized, and I'm SO HAPPY. I feel beautiful again, and Josie Maran is the reason. It has NOT broken me out (and, yes, I'm prone), and while I only use it at night the effects last all day the next day (I use a little DHC moisturizer and sunscreen in the morning). Anyway, I'm in LOVE. This oil changed my life this winter, and I'd don't know what I'd do without it. If the bottle was 200 dollars I'd pay it. Not sure if I will use it in the summer, but for now I wish I was a billionaire...I'd fill a bathtub with this stuff and soak in it :-)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by minosan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the 0.5oz for $18.00 here in Canada.
I use this as an eye-serum as my undereyes are really flaky and dry these days that when I put on concealer, it really sets on those flakes and it is NOT attractive at all.

It really really helped my under-eyes! I used it for 3-5 days and it moisturized so well.
There was such a difference. I only used 1-2 drops and when I woke up, it was so plump, soft, and moisturized.
My concealer goes on smoothly now :)

I heard that you can get other versions of Argan oil for way cheaper but I have yet to find where I can get that. For now, I'm really satisfied with this!
I haven't tried it on other parts of my face though, in fear of breaking out, but I might test it out and see how it goes. Right now, I'm only using this as an under-eye serum and it works really well!