July 26, 2014 | 1793 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is amazing!!! I am 45, I live in a borough of New York City, and we have had a very, very harsh and cold winter. I don't own a car, so my face takes a beating in the winter. I was having problems with eczema on my face and neck from this horrible winter (which, of course, looked awful), and even went to the dermatologist to get prescription cortisone cream (which worked, but is NOT something I wanted to use too much). Then I was in Sephora and decided to give this a try....well, I'm FLABBERGASTED. It is WONDERFUL. The eczema is almost gone, my face is glow-y and plump and moisturized, and I'm SO HAPPY. I feel beautiful again, and Josie Maran is the reason. It has NOT broken me out (and, yes, I'm prone), and while I only use it at night the effects last all day the next day (I use a little DHC moisturizer and sunscreen in the morning). Anyway, I'm in LOVE. This oil changed my life this winter, and I'd don't know what I'd do without it. If the bottle was 200 dollars I'd pay it. Not sure if I will use it in the summer, but for now I wish I was a billionaire...I'd fill a bathtub with this stuff and soak in it :-)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by minosan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the 0.5oz for $18.00 here in Canada.
I use this as an eye-serum as my undereyes are really flaky and dry these days that when I put on concealer, it really sets on those flakes and it is NOT attractive at all.

It really really helped my under-eyes! I used it for 3-5 days and it moisturized so well.
There was such a difference. I only used 1-2 drops and when I woke up, it was so plump, soft, and moisturized.
My concealer goes on smoothly now :)

I heard that you can get other versions of Argan oil for way cheaper but I have yet to find where I can get that. For now, I'm really satisfied with this!
I haven't tried it on other parts of my face though, in fear of breaking out, but I might test it out and see how it goes. Right now, I'm only using this as an under-eye serum and it works really well!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ENicB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was able to get a 0.5 oz. bottle on the "beauty on the go" stands at Sephora it was $15 ! Having super sensitive skin and eczema, and I do not like to commit to any big bottle sizes of anything unitl I test products out first. But I was surprised by this product it felt good on my face and kept me mositurized all day without any dry flakey spots. It did not break me out at all. I know that I have only been using it for about a week now, but so far I am enjoying it. I just wish the bigger bottle was not so expensive. So I will be on the hunt for a cheaper alterenative :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by lipglossandabackpack

I've got to credit Josie Maran for bringing argan oil to a mass audience. The half-ounce bottle of this was my first exposure to 100% pure argan oil (previously I'd used blends that contained it as an ingredient, such as Moroccan Oil) and I started using it in countless ways: mixing a drop into my morning face blend (moisturizer, illuminator and a drop of foundation all get blended together for sheer, hydrating coverage... now with a drop or two of argan oil!), using it as a cleanser on my nose to blast sebaceous filaments (I saw a major difference after three days of nightly use), protecting the ends of my hair, adding to my body lotion, etc. I love that these are packaged using ultra-hygienic droppers that prevent bacteria from your skin from mixing with the pure (though not organic) oil. However, with a little digging I learned that this oil is not competitively priced, and companies that supply spas and smaller skincare companies sell bulk organic argan oil for about 1/4 of the price. For an extra few dollars I had them toss in an empty glass bottle with a dropper top, and now I'm really able to indulge my argan oil obsession!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Xzarex

I absolutely love this product. I use it in my hair, on my face, and on my neck and it works fabulously.

I've read a couple reviews saying that it causes cystic acne but with my I haven't gotten any at all and I've been using this for about 3 weeks (bi-daily).

I guess it really depends on your skin, I have combination skin, like most people, and it gets REALLY dry in the winter; I'm talking about my nose having skin flake off it is that dry, even using coconut oil wouldn't help. So to my surprise I got this product (with the cleanser) for Christmas in the travel size (5oz) and it, so far, has cleared up my acne, made my skin super soft and supple, and makes applying makeup so much easier because my face is so smooth.

I don't know how this product works for wrinkles since I'm only 18 years old but seeing as argan oil is known to slow ageing skin I doubt I'll be seeing any wrinkles anytime soon ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by tinay

I got this product for free from Sephora and I wouldn't rush out to buy it if it were solely up to me.
I have extremely dry flaky skin when I use my retin-A creams to fight off my hormonal cystic acne so when I received this at Sephora I was excited to try it out thinking it would help my skin. Boy was I wrong! This product made me break out so bad on my chin with painful cystic pimples it hurt so bad and was awful. It took days to get rid of and heal! At first I thought it was because I was getting on my period so I disregarded it and took a break from the oil and later came back to it. Again, another cystic pimple. It was quite frustrating because I was on retin-A and minocyclin and didn't know whether the timing of me applying the oil (near my period) was the culprit or this. Finally after 3 cystic pimples later I got the timing down and did it right after I had ended my little friend. To my dismay I realized it was really the product that was causing the my cycstic acne to flare up.

I have since then resorted to using it at the ends of my hair which are bleached and dry. It works well but on some days when I'm in a rush and put a little too much my hair gets really oily the next day.

I read a review saying she broke out but decided to use it under her eyes and worked fine. I may try that as I do need a good eye cream and currently need to repurchase my orgins one.

Overall, I wouldn't purchase this product on my own it's a mediocre product. I can find something similar, cheaper, elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by NikkiDomino

This oil is mediocre, in my opinion. I got this as a free bonus since I am a member, on a beauty website, and that's the only reason I am using it. I would never pay this much for something I could go to my local Natural Grocer's and get.
I have oily combination skin, and usually try to stay away from products that are oily, or have the potential to create shine. However, this product left my skin very soft, and it's not making my acne worse! I like the nutty smell that it has and how it soaks into my skin. But I would never pay over $40 for this small product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Bianca1021

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is amazing! I have sensitive combination skin with a zit here and there. I had a huge zit and the morning after I used the argan oil, the swelling was reduced significantly, the redness was reduced, and my skin was glowing. Usually I use neutrogena sensitive skin oil free moisturizer but it sucks compared to the argan oil. I also use it in my hair and it makes my natural auburn hair shine which never happens with other products. It's amazing! I also love the fact that its pure and cruelty free. Although its pricey, it lasts forever because you only need 2-3 drops for your face. I wish the packaging wasn't glass but its Eco-friendly so it's not such a big deal. I recommend it !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by morganspears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin. My makeup is usually running off in some areas and caking in others. This stuff is AMAZING. The only thing that has ever kept my oily skin under control has been 2 rounds of Accutane. Never in a million years did I imagine that adding oil to my skin would be my solution. Why have my dermatologist not told me about this? I noticed immediate results after I asked for a sample at Sephora (I asked because a random customer was raving about the results she got with her oily skin.) I went back the next day and bought the full size bottle. This is HG for my oily skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why I paid a bomb for this Josie Maran garbage is beyond me. It's the first time I tried argan oil, but if this is what argan oil is, then I'm surely not buying it again. For something that cost me a bomb, I did nothing for my skin and in fact, made it drier. Thankfully, it didn't break me out.

Packaging is also very lousy - the cap doesn't screw on properly, the dropper is hardly effective as too much air is entering the dropper through the top.

A word of advice: if you're trying out argan oil for the first time, you don't want to realise after spending a bomb how lousy this Josie Maran garbage was, so get on iHerb and get some other cold pressed version (I recommend the Aura Cacia one, 30ml) to test it out.