July 25, 2014 | 1908 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by SanityPhobia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Blergh.
Like many others, I bought this after seeing michelle phan use it.

It's creamy and manages to be drying and flake accentuating at the same time. I mainly bought it for the green color to cover the intense ruddiness around my nose. It was too obvious. The lavendar, salmon, and pale flesh color are okay. The thing needs to be heated with a blow dryer to blend properly.

IT lasts a long time though. Considering the price and the amount of concealers you get, its not too bad. I've barely made a dent after using this for months.

But I have moved on and started using sonia kashuk's hidden agenda concealers. They're dry but not nearly as dry as this. The green is more of an olive fleshy green which makes it totally natural. The salmon is just as a effect but less yellow.

Also, I think this was made for fair or caucasian women. So if you're tan, olive or black don;t bother

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for around 2 years or so now, and I've just begun to BARELY make a dent in some of the colors.
I mainly bought this because Michelle Phan recommended it, and being the makeup noob that I was, I decided to get it and try it out.
I first opened it expecting it to be a lot creamier; it's not exactly dry, but it's not really creamy either.
As someone else said, I use the salmon and ivory color to conceal my dark circles, lilac to highlight my face, and the dark brown to contour and green to cover the redness on my face.
While I have definitely grown to like the product, it has taken me quite a while to apply it so it doesn't look very obvious that I'm wearing makeup. I first moisturize, apply primer (not right now though, because I've run out of primer...), then I heat it up with my blow dryer for a couple seconds, then apply it to my face. It goes on smoothly and blends out to look really nice! I've found that after a while though, it tends to settle into the fine lines under my eyes and disappear on my face.
The price is expensive, but this lasts you for a LONG time!! Right now I've only used the ivory and salmon color a lot and I've barely made a dent into the lilac and green color.
I wouldn't repurchase just because there are some better concealers out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by clarifying what everyone else is saying. This concealer is not dry, but you have to remember this is a cream concealer, not a liquid one. It takes more effort to blend and when you first dip into the palette, it isn't going to have the creamiest consistency. You have to wear into the product, so to speak. Also, when wearing concealers on your face, especially underneath your eyes, you MUST moisturize and use a primer. Otherwise, you're going to be left with a flaky look and it will settle into creases and fine lines.
The breakdown:

Overall Rating: (5/5) I give this a 5 out of 5 because this is THE ONLY concealer that can cover my dark circles. The circles underneath my eyes are not from lack of sleep, they are genetic which makes it incredibly hard to cover but this stuff manages to do it somehow. I do use all the colours that come in the palette and once blended well, you cannot see the different colours. The green/purple/salmon tinted concealer will blend flawlessly into your skin tone and all you really need to do is set it with powder. The brown coloured is used for contouring which doesn't need to be blended in as much as the other colours.

Price: (3/5) For a department store brand, it is on the pricier side but I think it's well worth it. You get 25 grams of product (that's 5 grams per concealer colour!) for around $29. This will last you a very long time.

Packaging Quality: (5/5) I love the packaging. It's black and very classic looking. It can get a bit dirty because it is of a matte finish but a wipe with a damp cloth and you're good to go.

Buy Again: I will definitely be purchasing this again when I run out. This probably won't be for a while though!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by DNS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

These are awesome. I love the purple for highlighing my brow bone and under my eyes with Bo-ing by Benefit concealer over top. Those day I have VERY dark circles are gone COMPLETELY.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by coucoune

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a good product; I like the all-in-one concept. But personally, I like to keep my makeup routine simple and I don't use all the colours that are provided; I just put a bit of yellow under my eyes and cover with the ivory. Occasionnaly, I'll cover obvious red blemishes with the green and I'll wear the lavender around my eyes but quite frankly, I don't think I need so many colours. The product lasts a long time and costs around $30.It covers well but when I take a closer look, it shows that I'm wearing it; it accumulates in creases and makes my undereye skin look a bit dry (not so much that I would stop using it though). I don't think I'm getting my money's worth though by using only a few colours; I think i may be better off with a good, cheaper undereye stick or tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by kizzia52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first when I bought this I was so happy because it actually covers my dark circles. After using it for a while though I noticed that my under eyes were becoming crepey!. I could not believe it. I'm only 20 and there's no reason for that to be happening (I always use my eye cream before applying). I assume it is because of the dryness of the product. So because of that I had to stop using it to cover my circles. The skin has mostly returned to normal since I have stopped using it.
I have tried using all the colours in different ways but they just don't work for me. Even for covering redness with the green, it really brings out any dry patches you may have and looks horrible. I gave it a 2 because it is a good value for all of the colours if it works for you but please beware of what it could do! I am so disappointed with this product. I wish I used my gift card on something else.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by indiechick1111

Well this was the first great concealer I purchased. It gives good coverage, i like the color variety i use the green for pimples then i use the ivory, i mainly use the ivory for my dark circles. It was a bit expensive ---$30 to be exact. But i think its worth it.! I LOVE this portfolio i recently bought the lancome waterproof concealer, Effarcernes; so yeah im hardly gonna use this one now, but im giving it to my sister which she loves it haha. But yeah i definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by mellaaaay

My HG concealer! I have been using it for the past 3 YEARS EVERYDAY and there is still so much more left! I love this corrector! The green is so great for the redness around my nose and eyelids, the lightest color I use as my concealer, the one shade darker than the lightest is what I use after I put on the green to cover up the redness, great coverage, it is simply amazing! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Audreychix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use this forr over 1 year and halff andd just love it.
best concealer. i have very dark circle and the coverage is amazing.
highly recommand :D

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

why oh why?!?! it was going so well...until...the plastic piece popped out of the lid and now all of the product is dried up! i wouldn't buy it again until they get their sh*t together and fix the packaging, otherwise the product is really nice!