December 18, 2014 | 1640 users online

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lovelace07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product!
It has done wonders for my acne prone skin. I've been using this for about 2 years now. Since i've been using this my pimples & acne scars have greatly diminished! Although i dont like the packaging, i can look past that since it's helping my skin out so much! This is my HG product. I know most Walgreens don't sell this product anymore, but if you look hard enough you can find it in some walgreen stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by toomuchjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I bought this product in September 2011 after reading some great reviews. It is a little hard to find even after using the product finder on Walgreens.com. I hope this product isn't being discontinued.

Firstly, it makes my skin feel incredibly hydrated and smooth. I just can't believe how soft my skin is in the morning. I started off using this every other night but I probably use this about twice a week now just because I've been using another night cream. If you are new to AHA products, I test this on a smaller patch of skin before slapping it on your face since some find it irritating. I never had a problem with this though. Also, I wouldn't apply this in the eye area. In the morning, I cleanse it off really well and apply my moisturizer and sunscreen. This is key, since it is a chemical exfoliant and you don't want to expose your freshly exfoliated skin to sun.

Negatives? I'm not a big fan of the tub packaging since they are not hygienic. But since I apply this after cleansing my face or showering, my hands are clean. It also has the consistency and smell of Elmer's glue but that fades after a few minutes.

I've been using this consistently for 6 months and I still have a LOT of product to go. This retails for about $8 at my Walgreens and sometimes you can find a better deal with weekly promotions or coupons. I bought this BOGO 1/2 off and gave the other one to my sister and she loves it too. This is a bargain miracle worker!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by lizzredhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow!!!!! I had a real bad break out & was looking for something to help. Well I bought arcona products which were doing an OKAY job. So I read the reviews on Alpha & decided to purchase it. I'm sooooo glad I did!! In just one night of use I woke up with way clearer skin!! I'm in shock!! Nothing works on my skin. I will update in a week, but so far its a miracle in a jar!! The price is very reasonable!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Vellajc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had mild to moderate acne since high school and have basically tried everything to get rid of it, including prescriptions. The last 4 or 5 years i started getting nasty cystic acne which even scarred my skin. With my wedding coming up I tried retinol which made my face a dry, flaky breaking out mess. At that point I kind of gave up and decided I would have horrible skin for the rest of my life. I tried this product just to get a good exfoliation without scrubbing and I honestly can't say I've ever been more surprised. After one (1)!!!! night I woke up and my skin completely changed. The pimples I had were kind of peeling off and my skin was soft! I don't ever remember my skin feeling or looking like this. It's only been a couple of weeks and I think I've gotten one pimple (but it was the week of my period). More importantly my skin is soft and smooth in a way I never, ever thought would happen again. I don't know if everyone will have the same results but if you can find a tub of this give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Jillydearest

Love it! Just used it for the first tiand last night and my face seriously cleared up like magic. I didn't have really any breakouts but my face has a very uneven skin tone with dark acne marks everywhere. I woke up and those marks are significantly lightened. Plus this product is very affordable. Definitely recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by shwankie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product makes a significant difference in my skin tone and texture. I'm using it morning and night (I don't have acne prone skin at all, so no worries about breaking out for me) on top of DIY viatmin C and beneath moisturizer (morning) or night cream (night). I am also using it on my hands. It sinks in nicely and has very little scent. It's made a noticeable difference in my skin tone (evened it out), and definitely leaves a healthy, youthful glow. For the price, especially compared to other AHA creams, I'll definitely keep buying it. I do wish it came in a tube, which is why it didn't get 5 stars; but, I just us a cotton ball to dip a bit out.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by cookiemonster23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is really amazing. It makes your complexion look smooth, bright and even. I use it every night after washing my face, and when I wake up my skin looks so dewy and beautiful. I really can't say anything bad about this stuff, except that it comes in a tub. I just dip a cotton ball in there and put it all over. A little bit goes a long way, and you will not need to repurchase for a long time. When I first began using it, I did experience some burning, but it was effective almost immediately so I continued to use it. Within a few days, it no longer made my skin burn and had already made a huge improvement in my complexion. Overall, very happy with this stuff and highly recommend trying it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by atanvir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

considering its cheap price, every one should give this product a try! i spent all my teen years suffering from a face full of acne. i tried every product out there with no real results. i learned about the importance of using a chemical exfolitater from youtube videos made by a dermatologist named Dr. Scholtz (check out DermTV on you tube for the most amazing advice on all things skin care). My search led me to positive reviews of this product. I immediately ordered it from walgreens website for only $6. I have been using this gem of a product every night for little over a year , and i can comfortably say that it has completed transformed my skin, making the biggest change in hyperpigmented acne scarring. My only gripe is the packaging , but considering the benefits, i really don't feel the need to complain Now the only time i break out is during my period, and all the other times i am left with completely clear, even toned, glowing skin!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ive bought this repeatedly - its shocking it doesnt make me breakout... nearly everything does. this product, used overnight, makes a tremendous difference in the morning. i also use it on my hands and heels (anyone know the cure for SEVERLY cracked heels - bleeding and deep?) if it had made me break out, id still purchase it for other uses - its quite affordable and it works!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

It's funny how the reviews vary so widely about the product causing acne. I was so scared to use this consistently for that very reason but went ahead and took the plunge and soooo glad that I did because even though I am sensitive to new products and comodegenic ingredients, this aha cream has not caused me any problems at all. It has actually been quite the opposite transforming my skin into a brighter, clearer and "better" version of me. I use the cream at night and yes, it smells like Elmers Glue but dissipates fast and I hardly notice the smell anymore. I have a few small indented scars on my cheeks which are greatly improved and overall appreance is more even and extremely soft. This will continue to be my night cream for a long time to come. The tub however sux royally (wish it was in a tube) but I can get past that for this delightfully cheap alternative to high end promises and lies that the department stores pawn off on us...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No