Sonia Kashuk Dramatically Defining Long Wear Gel Liner

3.7

Contains: Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Polybutene, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Octyldodecanol, Polyisoprene, Propylene Carbonate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Dicalcium Phosphate. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Manganese Violet, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake.

on 3/19/2010 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This review is for the blue gel liner. It looks subtle and natural, which is what I wanted -- something that doesn't look as dramatic as black, but would look good with yellow-toned skin and brown eyes. I don't have Stila or MAC liners to compare with, but I agree with others here that the texture is a little dry. But I have oily Asian eyelids and this liner does not budge. It's actually a little challenging to remove at the end of the day. I've only had it a couple weeks so I don't know how long-lasting it is.

on 2/21/2010 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Not very good in my opinion. Stila smudgepots work way better... This smudge on my eye and so i removed it with a napkin because its so creamy and doesnt even set. it just stays creamy on your eyes so if you touch it, it's smear heaven. I do like the blue though. Just because its a very pretty blue and is okay. The black though is just not that great. Average gel eye liner. I would only recommend because its inexpensive but the quality isnt great.

on 2/21/2010 9:13:00 PM

This product is great! It definitely stays on for a long time. I just wish it was easier to remove, but hey, it's keeping it's promise of long lasting! the color is so dark, it works wonders. it goes on so creamy, and I apply it with my little eyeliner brush. It works well for a natural AND dramatic look. Very versatile, well priced, beautifully packaged product!

on 2/1/2010 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love love love this product! i cant live without this product i dont know what i would do without this! i pray that they will never discontinue this or ill die! (lol) i love the package and the little glass bottle, the size is good to last for awhile. when applying the product it goes on smooth and it doesnt smear off my eye lids (take note: i have oily/combination skin and my lids get greasy during the day). the price you cant beat, 8.99. i recommended it to my girlfriends and they love it!

on 2/1/2010 1:45:00 PM

I have this product in the indigo color. The color is beautiful. It applies pretty smoothly but the color payoff is not as intense as I would like so I have to put another coat to get the color to really stand out. It is not as good as the MAC fluidlines but for the price and beautiful color, I don't really mind. Have not tried the other colors yet, don't know if I would purchase them, but the indigo is a perfect intense metallic blue when you layer it. It is my go to color when I don't feel like wearing a strong black liner, but still want a punch of color to brighten up the eye area. It does last the whole day, but wears off slightly if I rub at my eyes. If you are on a budget and want a decent eyeliner, this is a good purchase.

Since gel liners dry like crazy after a time, I needed to find a cheaper drugstore product because I can't keep buying Stila Smudgepot at this rate. I was surprised how well SK gel liner worked - it was smooth and easy to work with. My only gripe is that it isn't as black as my beloved Smudgepot but it will do. It also tends to smudge down several hours later (even when combined with primer and setting with eye shadow). I applied a liberal amount of Vaseline to the pot edges to keep it fresh longer... we'll see how long this baby lasts...
UPDATE: I've had this for quite some time now and I must say when it is stored with the lid side down, it stays fresh for a very long time. It has dried a little but it's actually good because it still glides on effortlessly but it doesn't migrate as it did when it was new. I'm adding an extra lippy for that.

on 12/27/2009 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot comment on this product in comparison to any other brand - this is the first gel liner I have tried. A little goes a looonnggg way and the consistency of the product is creamy, with a rather matte finish. I do have a pretty steady hand, so I found it easy to apply, which is lucky because if you make a mistake it is rather difficult to fix smudges or a too thick line. I find it to be challenging, especially since I apply this after all other eyeshadow...The pro/con is that this product has incredible staying power even through tears or accidental eye scratching/rubbing, however, it is challenging to get off with gentle cleanser or water. I find it requires something more like baby oil and a rougher texture like a washcloth to remove. But hey, you cant have both right? I would purchase this again, but with the size of the jar, I cant see myself needing a new one for a while.

on 10/19/2009 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to give this liner a try after my 3rd HIP liner dried out on me a few months back, and the CS gel liner was on backorder. I like the consistency, it is very easy to apply. Unlike what a previous reviewer found, I actually have no problem correcting mistakes - I don't even really have to wet the q-tip, it works dry! It doesn't smudge, and after wearing all day it can be a little difficult to remove. I also do not really like that it is not nearly as intense a color as the other 2 liners, but I've gotten used to it. I actually decided that it's okay, that it's not too dramatic for daytime. I want to try the Indigo next!

on 10/6/2009 2:53:00 PM

Wow! This is really a great product. I have tried MAC, Paula's Choice, Smashbox for gel eyeliners and I think this is the best. I bought the Cocoa, which is a beautiful matte dark brown. It is not all dried out. I apply it with a synthetic angled brush. The line is neat but not severe looking like liquid liners can be. It wears well. I guess the only downside is you need to wash out your brush everyday. But that's the small price you pay for long wearing, easy to control eyeliner. Oh, and this is pretty cheap as gels go - $8 at Target.

on 10/5/2009 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have two colors. Indigo and Ebony. The two different colors actually have differences in texture, the indigo is a bit drier and harder to spread of the two. The indigo color is amazing.It is everything I was looking for in a blue eyeliner and more. It can looks black in some lighting and in sunlight its is very bright royal blue. It really pops. In regular indoor lighting its navy. Good for brown eyes. I will forgive the difficulties of applying such a dry liner, because the color is so great. The black is good. Its does not dry chalky and stays put almost too well. My regular face wash doesn't remove these. The problem is they aren't user friendly. If you make a mistake applying it, its a mess. No wet qtip quick fix will save you because it dries too damn fast.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products