November 23, 2014 | 1558 users online

Sunscreen - Chanel - UV Essentiel Protective UV Care Anti Pollution SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by allyson399

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Far and away my favorite sunscreen. I have sensitive, oily, easily congested skin that is very fair. I've always wanted to wear a sunscreen daily but I found that they would break me out, irritate my skin, or feel really heavy. On a whim I tried this and I LOVED it. That was about a year and a half ago and I've bought it 4 times since then. It feels amazing on my skin and never breaks me out. I find this sufficiently moisturizing in the morning to use on its own. It is annoying that it costs $50, but this is so essential in my skincare routine that it is worth it. With daily use a bottle lasts me about 3 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by rubadub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I really don't know why I insisted on buying this last year when i spent the whole summer in Sweden but i did. It's not available here so i bought it (way overpriced btw :() from an online retailer. But im glad i did! On application it leaves a slight white cast but after about 30 mins it's invisible. I didn't really put it to the test under the scorching desert sun but it did hold up perfectly under the swedish summer sun. It leaves a matte but not powdery finish and despite my dry skin i didn't find it at all drying (despite the alcohol it contains!). It works great under make-up and has that pleasant Chanel smell (same as the Hydramax-line). Also, it helps your face stay cool which is a BIG plus. I used a different spf (also 50+ btw) on my body and the Chanel on my face and whilst my body felt sweaty and hot my face stayed completely cool! Without a sunhat! The only major drawback i can think of would be the steep price. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by satinribbons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am SOO in love with this product, I bought 3 already, lol. One for home, one for my purse, and one to keep in my glove compartment! I have combination/ oily skin and this product absorbs like magic into my skin! Not only that but it doesn't turn oily later AND makes a great base for my foundation, either powder or liquid. I can't stop raving about it! Also, my skin tone looks way more even two months into using it. People have asked if I have had some kind of procedure done on my skin. Needless to say, for me, its a keeper! Most definitely buying again! ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to return it because I got small whiteheads all over my forehead and cheeks that went away as soon as I stopped using it. But I still give it a rating of 3 because this has worked for a lot of people and I wish it worked for my skin as it is one of the few mineral sunscreens that is easy to apply, no white cast for the high spf, and easy to remove. If it works for your skin type, its definitely a keeper despite the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by leenn32

One of the best products I have ever used, very light and does not irritate my sensitive skin, very pleasant scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by kokolani

UPDATE: I thought i had found my perfect sunscreen, but this last bottle was greasy and broke out my skin badly--problems i never had with this product before! so now i realize they changed the formulation :( so i'm very very bummed and back to no sunscreen and resorting to hats when i hang out outdoors (pain)

i LOVE this stuff. and i am extremely picky about sunscreen. i am allergic to the chemical ones and most cause breakouts, but this one is:
lightweight, silky, zinc physical (primarily) sunscreen, high spf 50, doesn't make me feel greasy, look white, or cause major breakouts like all the others have and once it soaks in i can't even tell its on.
it was practically worth risking sun damage before to avoid those nasty breakouts from the various sunscreens i had tried, but i am soooo happy to have found this one!!!!! the price is steep but mine lasted for 5 months using about a dime size daily and so it isn't that bad when you think about how superior this product is.
also chanel doesn't test on animals so that is another reason i like it.
worth every penny to me and will keep buying as long as i can afford it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ok, I started to wear sunscreen since I was eleven so I could protect my face, well actually my mom insisted me too.
my mom forbids me to buy drugstore skincare so I just follow her when she buys me skincare and makeup :)

I think I have around 3 chanel skincares that I've reviewed so far, but I'll try to add more.

My morning skincare routine is this:
1) wash my face with cold water
2) use Chanel beaute initial eye gel
3) Use Chanel hydramax gel creme
4) Use Chanel sunscreen

i'm not sure what I can say about this sunscreen, I've recently been to India and i've came back and I've got a beautiful tan. but the thing is suncreen does NOT avoid your tanned! i'm fourteen, I dont have brown spots or wrinkles what so ever, so I can't say, all I can do is to prevent myself from having these problems.
it's a pretty decent sunscreen i'm not sure how much it is but i'm assuming it wont be cheap since it's Chanel.

I do recommend! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this sunscreen, even though it has fragrance it does not irritate my sensitive skin at all nor does it cause any breakouts. It does leave a very slight white cast, but it doesnt bother me as I just use Mac studiofix powder over it. It is very lightweight and I like how it is matte and has a high Zinc content. The price is very high for the amount you get though (30ml) but otherwise it is worth it for the non greasy factor and high protection! EDIT: I use this every day and I am now on my 3rd bottle with soon to be purchasing my 4th! HG. I hope they never discontinue this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by chanel2110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'd buy this again, but only if I were going on a long, sunny vacation. It was wonderful for that - I went to Hawaii, and needed something that wouldn't provoke my sensitive/acne skin and this was great. It was light, but very effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Jessabell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT********* OK, this product still holds its own with its texture and ingredients so ive bumped its rating down to a four. HOWEVER ive been doing some heavy research and unfortunately it appears that all PA systems like this only go as far as approx 10 on the ppd scale of uva protection. unfortunately if you live outside of europe or dont have la roche posay at hand etc.. this is as good as you are likely to find. BUT if you can get la roche posay DO IT. Its cheaper and far more effective than this or other pa ones. for example if you have normal to dry combo skin get their spf 50 fluid extreme! it has a whopping ppd of 38!!!! if you have oily or spot prone skin get their spf 30 ac it has an impressive ppd of 20! as does vichys capital soleil in spf 30 or 50 (cant remember). Also you absolutely need to use a 1/4 tea spoon for face and neck individually! ok youll see a white cast (as the same with this one) but if you want good nice skin ladies im afriad thats the price!! if you dont have a white cast with this you are not using it properly and thus its a waste of your money and time. I wont purchase this again the price isnt justifiable when i can buy a better one with more product for literally half the price. im sticking with la roche posay spf 30 AC. European sunblocks are the best and no fancy chanel logo can top the effectveness of them unless they bring it up to scratch. This is still a lovely sunblock but its not as great as any of la roche posays ones. Luckily they are all over the place here in ireland. please always always look for the ppd on the box, it may be really tiny but it should be there and if in doubt get out the i phone and google!
**************************************************************************

*****************************************************************************
My absolute HG product! I tried lots including the famous La Roche Posay' fluid but i found it to be too oily and i think it caused a minor break out due to the fact it was chemical vs physical sunblock.

I love this because: 1)of its mattifying effect, 2)it makes a fantastic makeup base 3) that it's slightly moisturising but has NEVER after 8 bottles caused me to break out at all which is amazing for me lol 4) it does leave a white cast but its expected due to its extremely high zinc oxide content :-). 5) that it is a physicial block which relays heavily on zinc oxide to shield from the suns rays. Im not gonna get into the wonders of zinc oxide but if you look into it youll be super impressed with its abilities and consequently this sunblock as it has a very high zinc content at around 17.5 or 18 %!!
I use the recommended amount for sunblock on my face etc individually which in reality means it only lasts me a month or a little longer. its 40 euro but i put aside a tenner a week for it which is fine for me personally and i can have the comfort of knowing my skin is looked after. I would be happier if it came in a 50 ml rather than a 30ml but at least the packaging doesnt allow for waste.

it has a an SPF factor of 50 and it has the best UV rating you can get according to the standard set by shiseido etc (asian standard) which is the +++ standard, ( one +=fair, ++= good and +++=very good.) This is a great way to determine approx how effective the uva proctective qualities of a product are as most fail to explain and just splash SPF on their products. SPF is NOT indicitive of the uva protection.

Whether you buy this one or not always ensure it has at least a ++ rating regarding UVA.The "+" standard is a fantastic way to know how protected you are from UVA.

Alternatively you can check the % of the active ingredients eg 13% of zinc oxide is still good. Do your own reserach because sunblock is so important if you care for your skin. It cant be praised highly enough.

(also, peter thomas roths spf 30 mineral physical brush is very handy and good idea too because your sunblock becomes ineffective during the day if you are in a heavy climate etc... or chemical sunscreen wearer as they absord into the skin rather than stay on the outlayers like chanel but either way always good to top up at least once more during the day and the bursh is a great idea)

All in all chanels uv 50+++ is a fantastic braod spectrum sunscreen. I would recommend this to anyone (maybe not extremely dry skins though),

Sorry for the rant lol