September 1, 2014 | 2137 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by kimmington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great powder. It gives a very natural finish and makes your face look flawless, and is very lightweight but lasts nearly all day (even for my oily skin). The container is huge so it should definitely stay at home (not good for packing in your bag for a mid-day touch up), but the good thing about that is you get a lot of powder and it lasts a long time. You don't need to use very much since it's so fine and soft it just glides and spreads evenly over your face. A big plus is that it also prevents my foundation from looking ashy. Fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another dream product by Chanel... What can I say? About the amazing colours? I am using no. 40 - Dore and it's absolutely perfect for my colour - it looks especially amazing in the summer worn on its own, it gives a really amazing glow!
I had this for quite a while but have not been using it a lot for some reason! The last few weeks I am using this on top of Shiseido's liquid sun makeup (in SP70) and it looks especially amazing - I feel very glamorous when I use those 2 products together, they match my colour perfectly together and I feel like I just came from holiday!
Packaging really glamorous for a powder - I love the puff it comes with, and absolutely love the design of this elegant jar... Unlike other powders, this will not set on pores or lines, and it looks amazing all day long. Would definitely re-purchase, ok it's a bit pricey but it lasts ages, and it's so above the rest...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

Cons:
-none
-doesnt last long. mattifying effect is not dramatic (in case - very good and natural), but you have to reapply at every 30 minutes if you want your T zone to stay matte

Pros:
-lightweit
-doesnt clog pores

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by lucya25

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just started using this loose powder and I am hooked! Understand that I have been wearing makeup for many many years and never have I come across loose face powder as perfecting, as fine, as natural as this. It is a secret waiting for others to notice! How cool is that!! I found it. First time using it, I actually stopped and took a second look at how nice my complexion looked I continued on through my house at other mirrors. Never had I done that with ANY cosmetic before. I chose the NATURAL shade and it blends so nicely with my skintone. I have very light skin yet not that super fair skintone. This shade is just right, like I have beautiful skin naturally. It is awesome! The price is a bit high compared to other loose powders. It is true, that you do get what you pay for. In the long run, you may pay cheaper for other brands but is it really worth it when you do not get the desired effects that you truly want. Think about it. I love this powder. Others look at me like I am a woman in my mid 50's with really nice skin. It's a nice feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Camri

LOVE this product! This is my first Chanel makeup purchase and I can't say enough good things about it. It is so light and when it's on you can barely tell I have makeup on. It's evens out skin and makes it look perfect! There is a lot of product and I don't use a lot so I know it will last me a long time! This is hands down the best powder I have ever used! It's so worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by fabnoble

I used to use mineral makeup but I found that it was too thick for my skin. I loved the feel of the mineral veil but it really didn't cover any small imperfections. On a whim I tried this product and I am hooked. Although it is a little pricey, I can never go back. I use the Dior Airflash in medium beige and use this as a setting powder and my skin literally looks airbrushed.

There is so much product that comes in the container, so although the price is a bit of a turn off. (US 54.00) The product will last you at least 8-9 months. The power has the same feel of a mineral veil but still covers the small imperfections we have. Enjoy it! Splurge:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by ge1shh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought the tub was too large at first, but that's a good thing because there's plenty room to dab the puff, or swirl your brush without the loose powder falling out over the edges - far less messier than previous loose powders I've had. It is pleasant to apply (I use the puff provided, finishing off with a powder brush) and it leaves my face feeling fresh and pampered (perhaps that's due to the quality of the powder puff). It doesn't leave a heavy powdered look - sort of semi-matte finish. I have Translucent shade 2, and I think it's the right colour for my skin, but personally I prefer powders which give me a lift, a sort of radiance, which I think would be a different type of powder which I can't seem to find right now! In the meantime I will continue to use this powder. It will last me ages so I'm not sure yet if I will re-purchase, but I guess I would.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by chazerb

Amazing powder. Packaging is lovely on my make up cabinet. Works on its own or over foundation.. Only problem is I can't carry it around as its too heavy. I imagine it will last forever with 1oz of product :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was using natural bamboo powder before and I thought it was ok. Now with comparison to Chanel one I see bamboo powder was a crap and did absolutely NOTHING...

It comes in a lovely big sturdy jar with puff. Its scented as you would expect from such a french company. I actually like it but it disappears almost immediately.
Its really finely milled, its feels like a velvety powder between the fingers and so it does on the face- it leaves velvety finish. If I want more matte finish I just put more and roll it into the skin with a puff- when put with a brush it leaves more dewiness from foundation.

I find that it sets my pile of skincare and then a little makeup perfectly, my under eye concealer stopped creasing and also I find that it makes my pores appear smaller. It doesnt emphasise dry flakes, it doesnt sit on the little face hair... In the same time it keeps my T-zone shine at bay.

Overall its great setting, beautifying and even a mattifying powder for my dehydrated/combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

I adore Chanel, a lot. Haha. But anyway, I love this loose powder. I got this on #20 (Clair) and use it as setting powder with my Chanel Pinceau Poudre Plat No 3. It's really fine milled powder, and looks like it's invisible once I put it on to my skin. It doesn't make me look cakey, which is a bonus for me. Definitely will purchase. And I think a jar (one ounce) will take you a long time to finish.