July 30, 2014 | 1118 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush. It allows you to have a lot of control over how you apply your brush with the versatile shape of the hair. It is also so small and lightweight! I love the way this makes my blush look and how I can use pigmented blushes that were collecting dust because they were too easy for me to overdo-- not anymore. Love it, so glad I finally bit the bullet with the price, worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

Like a pushup bra for your face! A revolution in blush application though this is an antiquity because it is the same brush that geisha girls used. Result: a highly defined but soft look that lifts the face, sculpts the cheek as effectively as contouring. It is a flat brush pointed like an arrow.and it is used by using the edge to first draw a triange on the cheek (point toward the nose) and filling it in with the flat side - a stunning appearance that could not be achieved with any other brush. I will never use a regular blush brush again! If you have this brush and are not satified with it you need to learn how to use it from a Nars makeup artist or perhaps look for an application video on line. I want you to love it as much as I do.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I waited for this brush to go on sale since I couldn't justify a $50 price tag. This brush does do the job, but it doesn't work any better than a powder brush for applying a pigmented blush. I ended up losing this brush and I have to say to say that I don't miss this brush. When using pigmented blushes like Illamasqua, MUFE, or Tarte, I just use the Trish McEvoy 2B Sheer Blush Brush or the 56 Sephora Brush. I took off one lippie since the wiring does come off after a period of time. Another lippie since the shape of the britsles changes, unlike other brushes I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by annasandler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Amazing brush. I have never been able to use blusher before because I would end up looking like a clown but this brush seems to have made the most wonderful difference to my technique. It allows you apply very subtly which is perfect for me as I prefer the no-makeup-makeup-look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

Love it! i bought it in the Nagauta Kabuki Brush Set and i am fully satisfied! it applies the perfect amount of pigment and it blends well. The shape is perfect for my small face and it is so soft. A dream come true! would i buy it again? oh yes! over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Mary202

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this brush. Very soft. Don't use any other brush for applying blush now. I just pat the flat side on my cheek in short, downward strokes wherever I want to apply blush. Puts a sheer layer on, and can easily build up the colour. Would definitely buy again if anything happened to it. Sheds the odd hair, but not much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by goldenevening

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush a year ago and still use it every day to apply loose powder and blush. Whether I use an extremely pigmented blush (such as Desire) or something more subtle the result looks great, as if I'm naturally glowing. It's practically goof-proof! Despite the steep price, I would definitely buy this brush again if anything ever happened to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I could go on and on about the wonders of this brush, but I won't. I will keep it short and simple.

it. is. amazing.

I'm a firm believer in good tools, and this is best brush for blush I have found yet... I've stopped looking after numerous other brushes. All other brushes seemed to make my application look messy and unevenly applied.

The money might seem like a lot to some, but I'm more passionate about blush and than any other part of makeup so it was well worth it to me!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lowanda29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, I just brought this brush and I LOVE it...I have struggle with blush application and the professional finish I desire. I have purchased 6 high end blush brushes prior to this one and none of them hit the spot. After more research I came across this brush and decided to give one last try. Finally got it right however this was the most expensive. The other down side of the 50 USD you spend it does shed a lot. I will try washing it tonight and to see if the sheding will continue. Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK, I need a new powder/blush/bronzer brush like a hole in the head. But because of this %#@* board, I happened to read the reviews for it, and you know how that goes. Suddenly I knew that with this purchase, true magic would happen . . . my life would be complete . . . and happiness would surround me for the rest of my days.

Cut to the chase - I ordered it from NARS.com & when it arrived I was stunned at how small it was. For some reason I was expecting a fuller/larger brush. I planned to send it back, untried, but after it sat there, sadly, in its wrapper for a week, I decided to give it a try. Oh my, oh my, oh my. All of the good things that've been said about are true.

It is as soft as soft can be. The precise shaping of the brush (the angle of the hairs) are what creates the magic. I don't ever drag it across anything; I just pat it sideways a few times & it picks up a perfect amount.

I've used it to pat on NICO (also a recent purchase, but I'm not thinking it's all that. Much prefer Meteorites.) I've patted on blush & then blended it so it truly does give that "lit from within" look. And lastly, I've used it to pat the tiniest amount of Albatross across tops of cheekbones & down nose. And a really fabulous part of the way the brush is shaped - the way it comes to a narrow point at the end, means that you can even use it for a one-step eyelid wash, because it will fit right down to the tear duct & then gradually spread out over your whole lid. Again, I use the tiniest tap of Albatross for across the eyelids & it gives a subtle, angelic glow.

Did I need this brush? No. Am I glad that I have it. Yes. And what's more, it was worth the dough. I WOULD buy it again.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No