August 22, 2014 | 1659 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Long handled Kabuki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by canmorg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush! The bristles are soft and never shed. The price is so very reasonable that you can afford to buy more then one. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Katrinket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was trying to decide between the flat top and the kabuki, and decided to buy them both. The quality of these brushes is excellent, not a hair has shed from either and I've had them for about a year and a half. Super soft, hard to believe they are synthetic. My mom touched them and swooned, said she didn't have anything that soft. Love the bamboo handles, too.

If I had to pick one for applying mineral foundation, I would pick the kabuki hands down. Much easier to get sheer layers. Takes a little more finesse with the flat top.

For a while, my flat top didn't get much use. Then I realized it was way better for buffing than the kabuki. So I would apply with the kabuki, buff in with the flat top. Then I read about stippling (with liquid foundation) with a flat top, and I found it works beautifully for that. That's what I use it for now.

Hope this helps, if you are trying to decide between the two like I was.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by preshuzjenn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Everyday Mineral brushes quality and affordability is amazing. That said, for makeup application it isn't a good brush. I use this as a powder/bronzer brush. I always thought dense brushes were good but this is not the case, because the brush is so dense that product doesn't distribute evenly in the brush and settles within one area, seeping in, therefore making you use more product. I didn't notice this at first because I just thought my bronzer applied sheer until one day I used another brush (ELF kabuki) and one application with that brush was enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by anotherbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is very soft and doesn't irritate my skin like other kabuki brushes did. I use it for my mineral foundation or for setting powder. It fits perfectly in any cosmetic case or clutch. The only problem is, after washing it dries for about two days. So I'm going to buy another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by garden0fgraves

When I first received this brush, I was titillated. It's so soft! So dense! It did a great job of putting on my makeup and did not shed. Then one day my mom asked if she could try some of my mineral makeup because she liked how nice it looked on me. I used this brush on her. But I hate putting something on my face that's touched someone else's face, so I washed it. So far, so good. Then...it couldn't dry. Two days later, it was mostly dry but there was a chunk of fibre that was sticky and damp, like glue had leaked out. I washed it again and waited another 3 days to dry. The sticky part was still there but less sticky than before so I let it be. When I used it on my face, all the bristles are STICKY even with powder on them. And smelled really, really bad. I'm pretty disappointed. It was wonderful and perfect until I washed it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by megshanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

There isn't much to say besides that this is a great product for a VERY fair price and can be found on the Everyday Minerals website (just search in Google to find it). It's extremely soft and helps apply your makeup flawlessly. My go-to foundation brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

I've been using this brush for a few months now and really love it. I wouldn't call it a long-handled kabuki, because I think of kabukis as much thicker and denser than this one. But this is a really large, fluffy, dense brush that is somehow perfect for applying mineral foundation powder (light/medium coverage) *and* for applying finishing powder if you have to (with a lighter hand). It's synthetic bristles are very, very soft and longer than the flat top and tapered. I really love this brush. I think everyone would be able to find *some* use for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by yunnyunn

Another awesome brush from EM! My first EM brush is the flat top brush. Still using it whenever applying pressed or mineral foundation. Out of curiosity, I ordered this kabuki brush from the EM website. It does not disappoint me at all! The hair is extremely soft and dense that it does not scratch my face (like BE's)! After washing it numerous times, it still has not shed a single hair. Super high quality and cheap considered the quality of it. Would buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

Until I bought one of these brushes, I believed my EoB brushes were the best. I was so wrong! EM brushes are super soft and luxurious and apply powder beautifully. Compared to EM, the EoB brushes are markedly scratchier and the black dye comes out of the brush when I was it (even after lots of washing there is still dye). The brush was only $10.00 which was a bargain and I would highly recommend these to everyone! I am currently in the process of changing all of my brushes to EM, and wouldn’t ever go back to the EoB. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by contrariwhys

Another wonderful brush from EDM. I bought the Flat Top brush and loved it so much I knew this Kabuki would not let me down either! I had been using my Bare Escentuals kabukis for my finishing powders but they felt so scratchy compared to my EDM flat top and they hardly picked up any of my finishing powder. This kabuki is worlds above the BE ones and quite a bit cheaper. The brush is dense enough to use for everyday makeup application but it is also quite soft and broad enough for finishing powder. If you were like me and using brushes from your BE starter kit, upgrade immediately to these. You won't regret it!