MAC Matte2 - Brown Script

4.7

on 4/26/2011 8:01:00 PM

I have had this eyeshadow in my collection for quite some time and never really liked it or used it. Now that I'm a "redhead" I'm obsessed with this shadow and use it all the time. It's the perfect crease colour and looks fantastic with my red hair, green eyes, and fair complexion. Pairs well with so many other neutrals, browns, and golds. Love that it's matte, super pigmented, and blends with ease.

on 2/11/2011 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Oh Brown Script, how I love thee! This color is perfect for me. It works great in the crease or as a transition color for when I use brighter color on the lid. It's such a pretty color brown/orange. I tried pairing it with Sable and it was too orange, not the look I was going for! Overall great color and I will repurchase. Im NW45 for reference.

on 1/13/2011 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this color! Brown Script is a definite eyeshadow staple for me. It is so highly pigmented that you really don't need that much on the brush to add the color to your eyes. The color itself it absolutely gorgeous, a nice reddish brown that can make any crease pop!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love, love, love this color! I am the color of a bright copper penny (African American) and so often I have trouble finding anything but a light colored brown that shows on me-but this one is great. Highly, highly pigmented and a very interesting color reddish-brown. Remember the "Indian crayon" from the big box of 81 Crayolas? Yeah, well that's this color. I got a make-up palette from MAC and this and Carbon are the only ones that standout from other lines :( This is one is a must have ladies!

on 9/28/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is one of the best mac matte eyeshadows. i find that some of mac's matte shadows are chalky and not as smooth. the quality and pigmentation is perfect in this one. it's a warm reddish, orange brown. i like to use it in my crease and darken the outer C with a dark brown or black.

on 8/15/2010 1:11:00 PM

Fantastic! This is my favourite crease colour for daytime looks, and it blends really well when you want a less intense colour. I would definitely recommend this eyeshadow.

on 7/22/2010 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm really surprised there arent more reviews for brown script. This is a terracota brown colour which looks beautiful in the crease. Its not OTT brown so I can wear it to work and it looks classy. It is very pigmented so I can build it up for a glamour look as well. I like to pair this with woodwinked, goldmine or expensive pink. The matte 2 formula is so blendable! This colour is really unique...I'm glad I came across it and if its discontinued like other MUA users have said than I got lucky!

on 7/12/2010 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this reddish brown color. I love combining it with Rule. Great on tanned or yellow toned gals. Lovely (MAC NC42/43).

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of the best shadows I own. It works with every single look I do from the most natural to the most colorful. When used in the crease it creates the perfect shadow and definition while complimenting any color used with it.

on 3/24/2010 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the matte2 texture, but sadly this eyeshadow looks to orange against my skin tone. But it looks amazing on other people. Highly highly pigmented.

Video Reviews & Tutorials