October 22, 2014 | 1986 users online

Bath Treatments - Epsom Salts

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

A lot of people rave about epsom salts in terms of relieving muscle pain. I have used epsom salts with several drops of lavender oil to relax. It is one of the best ways to calm your nerves after a rough day or prepare for sleep. I throw 1/2-3/4 cup of epsom salts under running warm bath water, add 5-10 drops of lavender oil and stir the tub a bit before entering. Do this with a face mask or scrub and you will have a spa-like experience at home.

I find that there is little variation between low and high end bath salts. You can get an entire bag of Dr. Teal's Lavender Bath Salts at your local Walgreens, Ulta, or GNC for 5-7 dollars, 1.36 kilograms.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by anh3880

I love putting this in a warm bath. So soothing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

Although Epson Salts is good for using in your bath to help sore muscles, I am addressing its wonderful properties for the feet. Nothing, but nothing will remove the dead skin from your feet like an Epson Salts soak. Place about 1 cup into a deep, large bowl or bucket. Add the hotest tap water to about one third of the way up and stir to completely dissolve the salts. Then add the cooler water but keep it as hot as you can tolerate. Soak your feet about 30 minutes and the dead skin will just roll off as you rub briskly with a towel. Softens the cuticle around toenails that helps when you are working on lifting ingrown toenails, also. Always use a lotion or oil afterwards. My toenail polish has never been damaged by this, either. I look for 2-for-1 sales on Epson Salt which Walgreens has fairly often.

29 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I admit, my grandparents used Epsom Salts and I thought (only in my head-no other reason)! that this smelled like moth balls!
I was so achy after doing some yard work I decided to try it. I heard Suzanne Somers rave about it, so I caved.
THIS STUFF IS AWESOME!
No scent, dissolves well in hot bath water. After 20 minutes my aches and pains were gone! It's my go to, now. I've found it works best using 1 cup or more in a hot bath for 20+ minutes right after I start feeling quite sore. I find it works best for me the same day I'm sore not, a day or so later.
Price varies so much by brand and store. I try to get the cheapest I can find. I've not found brand/price to make a bit of difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by saveyourheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was having a sharp pain in my lower back. I tried to crack my back to release pressure and nothing was working. I then decided to take a bath and used about a cup and a half of Dr. Teal's lavender Epsom salt. The pain is completely gone and my back feels one hundred times better. It also calms me down and puts me in a relaxed mood! Love this product

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by HairWaves

Great for after a tough workout, I use this product mainly when I have any special aches and pains.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by TrueSugar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love using epson salt for baths for sore muscles and cramps for that time of the month. I normally dont add alot of items to my bath.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

epsom salt are like gems, seriously. I have used them all my life (as my mom was big on them as i was growing up). They have become more popular, it seems, over the years... and can be used for SO many things. Most recently, I had a friend who was using drugs and after hitting rock bottom- she decided to quit cold turkey (which i DO NOT recommend), but she didnt have health insurance and was unable to get the help she should have had. Me, being the motherly and nurturing one of my friends, took her into my home as she went through the hell of detox (and withdrawls from methanphetemines). I wont go into the laundry list of everything I did... but epsom salts played a HUGE role in the my care of her. She lived in the bathtub (and showers) and everytime she was in that bathtub, I had my epsom salts in there. Now NORMALLY, you would use 2 cups in your bathwater but because she was in there for hours at a time, I only used 1 cup. These salts eased her stress and relaxed her enough to where she wasnt shaking and throwing up every few minutes. She was able to close her eyes as the salts helped relieve every sore muscle in her body, they helped with the cramps in her legs, her tummy, hips (in addition to the tylenol, of course). I added a bit of lavender to the water, and this also helped when the scalding water turned to steam and she was able to take deep breathes and relax. Epsom salts help your muscles and nerves function properly... and the sulfates in the salt help flush out all the toxins in your body (and the good lord knows she had enough toxins in her body to last a lifetime). Now I know that this wont apply to everybody, but if you play sports or are very active and have sore muscles and joints- this is for you. If you are sick and have the flu, or a common cold, and those who get bad cramps when its that time of the month- this is absolutely for you. Epsom salts are safe and effective for young and old, pregnant and breastfeeding mothers, AND those who suffer from diabetes or are borderline diabetic- epsom salts help the body naturally produce insulin to keep blood sugar levels in check. And this is JUST the health benefits... I havent even gotten to my 'tell all' beauty secrets with these bad boys! Let me tell you... I will use (on occasion) approcot scrubs, or sugar scrubs... but NOTHING beats epsom salts when it comes to exfoliating dead skin, and removing blackheads. You can take a handful of salts, and add a small amount of olive oil (or my new favorite, coconut oil) and rub it all over your face to exfoliate. If your worried about the oil or have super oily skin- add it to your everyday face wash. It works WONDERS. Coming up on summer, I exfoliate before i spray tan... same concept. It works so well, and its SO cheap- which is the best part! I could go on and on, instead I will just give it 5 stars and recommend it to all you ladies out there, to have on hand! I have seen for myself what a gem this is... <3

51 out of 57 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Merkury

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a dancer and a soccer player so my body definitely takes a beating! I wouldn't be able to keep up without my epsom salt baths! I make the water as hot as I can stand, add some epsom salts, and soak and stretch for 20-30 minutes. It definitely helps reduce muscle soreness and strains, and I sleep like a baby afterwards. Amazing stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Dorthea505

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Epsom salt baths are so amazingly good for you!!! Not only for relaxing sore muscles but for increasing magnesium levels in your body. A mineral we are all deficient in to a degree since it depletes so quickly. Highly recommend using Epsom salts in your beauty bath!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No