August 21, 2014 | 1850 users online

Bath Treatments - Epsom Salts

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by saveyourheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was having a sharp pain in my lower back. I tried to crack my back to release pressure and nothing was working. I then decided to take a bath and used about a cup and a half of Dr. Teal's lavender Epsom salt. The pain is completely gone and my back feels one hundred times better. It also calms me down and puts me in a relaxed mood! Love this product

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by HairWaves

Great for after a tough workout, I use this product mainly when I have any special aches and pains.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by TrueSugar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love using epson salt for baths for sore muscles and cramps for that time of the month. I normally dont add alot of items to my bath.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

epsom salt are like gems, seriously. I have used them all my life (as my mom was big on them as i was growing up). They have become more popular, it seems, over the years... and can be used for SO many things. Most recently, I had a friend who was using drugs and after hitting rock bottom- she decided to quit cold turkey (which i DO NOT recommend), but she didnt have health insurance and was unable to get the help she should have had. Me, being the motherly and nurturing one of my friends, took her into my home as she went through the hell of detox (and withdrawls from methanphetemines). I wont go into the laundry list of everything I did... but epsom salts played a HUGE role in the my care of her. She lived in the bathtub (and showers) and everytime she was in that bathtub, I had my epsom salts in there. Now NORMALLY, you would use 2 cups in your bathwater but because she was in there for hours at a time, I only used 1 cup. These salts eased her stress and relaxed her enough to where she wasnt shaking and throwing up every few minutes. She was able to close her eyes as the salts helped relieve every sore muscle in her body, they helped with the cramps in her legs, her tummy, hips (in addition to the tylenol, of course). I added a bit of lavender to the water, and this also helped when the scalding water turned to steam and she was able to take deep breathes and relax. Epsom salts help your muscles and nerves function properly... and the sulfates in the salt help flush out all the toxins in your body (and the good lord knows she had enough toxins in her body to last a lifetime). Now I know that this wont apply to everybody, but if you play sports or are very active and have sore muscles and joints- this is for you. If you are sick and have the flu, or a common cold, and those who get bad cramps when its that time of the month- this is absolutely for you. Epsom salts are safe and effective for young and old, pregnant and breastfeeding mothers, AND those who suffer from diabetes or are borderline diabetic- epsom salts help the body naturally produce insulin to keep blood sugar levels in check. And this is JUST the health benefits... I havent even gotten to my 'tell all' beauty secrets with these bad boys! Let me tell you... I will use (on occasion) approcot scrubs, or sugar scrubs... but NOTHING beats epsom salts when it comes to exfoliating dead skin, and removing blackheads. You can take a handful of salts, and add a small amount of olive oil (or my new favorite, coconut oil) and rub it all over your face to exfoliate. If your worried about the oil or have super oily skin- add it to your everyday face wash. It works WONDERS. Coming up on summer, I exfoliate before i spray tan... same concept. It works so well, and its SO cheap- which is the best part! I could go on and on, instead I will just give it 5 stars and recommend it to all you ladies out there, to have on hand! I have seen for myself what a gem this is... <3

47 out of 53 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Merkury

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a dancer and a soccer player so my body definitely takes a beating! I wouldn't be able to keep up without my epsom salt baths! I make the water as hot as I can stand, add some epsom salts, and soak and stretch for 20-30 minutes. It definitely helps reduce muscle soreness and strains, and I sleep like a baby afterwards. Amazing stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Dorthea505

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Epsom salt baths are so amazingly good for you!!! Not only for relaxing sore muscles but for increasing magnesium levels in your body. A mineral we are all deficient in to a degree since it depletes so quickly. Highly recommend using Epsom salts in your beauty bath!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by sagiegens

Epsom salt has so many uses. It has so many healing affects. I am rating this so high because it helped me with my sick dog. My dog had something like a UTI and kidney stones but for a dog. We had to bathe her in Epsom salt to soothe the pain. I feel like it really helped her in the state she was in. When using Epsom salt, it can be used for a lot of things than what it is initially intended for.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I haven't been big on taking baths as I've gotten older, mainly just showers. But I've heard they can be good for your state of mind and helping you sleep. I got this for my mom since she's been working out a lot lately and needed something to help with the aches and pains. Then I started using it just out of curiosity. I didn't think taking a bath could be so relaxing. I'll use this even when I'm not in pain. I like experimenting with this and certain essence oils.
I'll put 2 1/2 cups of this with 10 drops of lavender oil in a steaming hot bath. I'm half asleep by the time I get out the tub and it relaxes my mind so much I'm knocked out for the whole night. Barely remember what I did the day before.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by dc1407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I kept seeing Epsom Salt concoctions on Pinterest for a detox bath and thought I'd give them a try. Purchased a 1kg bag off the internet & it cost me around 6. Dissolve two handfuls in a hot bath and slide right in and relax! It really couldn't be simpler!

Great for tired, stiff, achey or overworked muscles. I also use them in a footbath and as a day-after-hardcore-workout bath for that extra pain relief when my muscles are rebuilding. Also, helps me when I feel restless and softens skin like nobodies business!

NOTE: Since it draws out toxins, it's recommended to drink a glass or two or water afterwards. Really helps me to feel refreshed and I have less trouble sleeping too!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by jaydensmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I have problems sleeping and it really relaxes me and helps me sleep through the night without waking up a million times.

I started a routine this week of taking my nightly shower, then soaking in the tub with really, really warm water and lavender epsom salt. I have slept sooo good this week, with the exception of last night because I didn't do it. I definitely recommend it for relaxing and de-stressing after a long day.