December 22, 2014 | 1112 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volume Clubbing

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by TomBoyGoneGlam

LOVE the volume this mascara gives- almost makes false lashes obsolete! The applicator is a bit weird and the formula is so thick that the first couple times you use it, you have to scrape off the excess. But, it does cover right down to the lash line, is a true matte black and doesn't flake or smear once dry. Biggest downside: it's really hard to wash off, even with oil-based eye makeup remover! Overall, this is the best mascara I've found for dramatic looks yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by SurahBarbie

I dont understand the bad reviews,believe me ive spent hundreds of pounds on mascara,chanel...dior...u name it ive tried and this hands down beats any of them. its so dramatic,my lashes are thick long and very very black with one sweep of this...so imagine what a coat or two more would do,very dramatic,just gorgeous! if you are after the natural look this is deffo not for you. Just took a lippie off...i wore it last night and it flaked a little!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by LauriD

Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara... Where have you been all my life?!

It is everything that I've ever wanted in a mascara.

My lashes look long, luscious and black black black!!
It goes on in a flash - least effort ever - take a little longer to dry - but worth the wait - and stays put better that any other mascara I've tried.

I LOVE IT!!... HG

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by yellowcard101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

one word: amazing!! this stuff is great! i want to go get another one. i dont know y so many people are hating on this product. i thinl this is one of the better mascaras that bourjois has made. this follows 1001 cils and yes to volume, no to clumps. haha. i have no regrets on this product.. like most of bourjois products. i really like the double sided brush with one side length and the shorter, more dense bristles for volume. the formula is not thick and clumpy like everyone says. i highly recommend this mascara. gives u great volume and even length. i got a ton of complements on my lashes by ppl i didnt even know. the packaging is so cute. it is watwr, tear, and sweat resistany. yhis is 100 % true. b/c i have swam in this and played two sports with this! does not smudge. takes two coats to get max effect. hope this helped :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like the formula of this mascara. It is way globby and clumpy. I love the look of false eyelashes, but this mascara doesn't give that look. You'll get the look of clumpy Tammy Faye lashes. The brush is difficult to work with--there is a flat side and a bristle side. One reviewer suggested wiping off the brush first, but to me that just wastes product and makes it dry out faster. I bought it on sale at Sephora for $8 USD, originally $16. It is not worth the money at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by people52005

This mascara was ok. The brush was shaped akwardly and it applied too much mascara to my lashes, making it look very clumpy. However, when I mastered the art of using the brush, it looked much better. However, it's too much hassle so I won't be buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by liacoconut

Worst mascara I ever purchased!
I have quite short eyelashes so maybe this is really not the sort of mascara I should be using but even then it's absolutely horrible.
The brush is so FAT which makes applying sooo hard, the liquid just stuck to the brush to much that i had to wipe loads off on the bottle to avoid having a huge big blob sticking to my lashes.
I used it a few times and gave up, the amount of time I spent wiping off the smudges I got from that huge brush was not worth it and my lashes looked clumpy and just not good.
As this was my first Bourjois buy it put me off trying their other products. :/

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2010 7:23:00 AM More reviews by abbyyyy

I brought this on a trip to Australia after a friend swore by it. It was only $10 AUD so I thought what the hell, must be worth it.

The packaging is super cute, I love the blue tube. However, the product is horrible. It clumps, is sticky, the brush is horrible and fat, it smudges and my eyelashes feel sticky and disgusting when I wear it. Not to mention, it causes my eyelashes to fall out when I use make up remover. I look down at the cotton pad I use, and there are 3-4 eyelashes there. I stopped using it because I don't want any more to fall out.

I really wanted to like this product, but i'll probably leave it in my make up stash and never use it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by PeacockPatty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe so many people dislike this product! it is the best thing for a clutsy girl who cannot do false eyeashes to save her life, they make my eyelashes so long and big! however, there is a technique to it which I was lucky enough to witness on MUG (Angelina Jolie tutorial) before purchasing

so I am going to plagiarize here and re-emphasise Conny's (down below) instructions because if you are going to get any success with this product you need to know this;

1) Wipe off excess product on the rim on the tube (this is soooo important and if you don't do this, you WILL get clumpy, messy mascara)
2) Use flat side to apply mascara
3) Use the side with the bristles to comb in short, sharp strokes.

I also twist the brush as I apply the mascara starting with the thicker side facing upward

I use the brown and it is my everyday mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

This is one of may favorite mascara-I was surprised to see how many people do not like it. I also like Lanome definicils. I use a Sonia Kashuk metal eye lash comb to brush through it to keep it from clumping-maybe that makes the differance why it works for me.