August 21, 2014 | 1607 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by styra

I tried this after a friend tried it and her skin really glowed after. I tried it and after about one to two weeks and I did notice a difference in my skin. I noticed it was brighter and seemed smoother. It really was a like a miracle. But after about a month or so, I noticed small bumps like milia forming on the sides of my face. Perhaps the essence was too strong for my face?
I recommend that you scrub your face regularly while using this and cleanse thoroughly. I suspect it might be pore-clogging.
After finishing the first bottle, I rushed to get my second, seeing how my face had reacted quite well to the product. However, the second bottle didn't seem to give the same results. I continued using it nonetheless but still my skin remained as it was - no special glow etc. I concluded that the "miracle" the brand promised came only in the first bottle. Continuous usage probably wouldn't yield the same initial fantastic results. Perhaps it could be a yearly treat. Have yet to buy it a third time. It is after all, really expensive!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by beckscxl

My first try of SK-II FTE was 6 years back when I was 18. Within less than a week, it broke me out disastrously. I had to resort to chemical peels to savage my skin.
Now, at 24 and with my pre-wedding shoot taking place late this year, I thought to myself that I needed ‘something good’ to prepare myself for the shoot. I also thought that my skin is ‘mature enough’ now to try FTE again. I WAS WRONG.
My skin is generally ok; nothing major other than dryness and pores issues. After I took the skin test, I was advised by the SA that skin texture (dryness) was my main issue. I bought the trial set (Clear Lotion and FTE) and was given samples of Cleansing Oil, Gentle Cleanser, Cellumination Aura Essence, Stempower Essence and Cellumination Essence EX.
I was advised the following steps: Clear Lotion -> Cellumination Aura Essence -> FTE -> Stempower Essence -> Cellumination Essence EX. Each time upon application, my face stung. Shortly after, my cheeks and my upper lips area starting turning red. Slight itchiness followed after. On the second day, small bumps (like oil bumps) started popping out at my forehead, cheeks and upper lips area. When I called the SA about it, she merely told me it was due to ‘transition period’. I was skeptical and stopped using it after 3 days.
Now, after stopping for 3 days, my skin is drier than before and it flakes slightly. The breakout cleared up and my face don’t sting anymore. Thankfully, I only bought the trial set and the breakout was not as severe as previous time. Very disappointing outcome even when the SA ensured that ‘everything is fine’.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by amalinaramli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this product since the past few months (together with the clear lotion) but I still don't see any visible improvement on my skin. Not sure whether to continue using or just stop.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by flowerpots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive/acne prone skin and seeing as I'm nearing 30 I thought I'd upgrade my anti aging products. I foolishly bought the biggest size of Facial Treatment Essence because the medium and large sizes were the same price. I put it on as I was driving home and the texture felt beautiful.However after a few days I noticed my skin breaking out with tiny papules in places it doesn't usually, mostly my forehead. I continued to use the Essence twice daily for a month and a half hoping my skin would calm down. It didn't. It took maybe two months after I stopped using this product for my acne to go away. Such a disappointment, I was so excited to finally try it :(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Jastinky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using SKII for a couple if months now. Doesn't make much difference to my skin. Not worth the price. I do love the packaging though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by lilannaf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know there are fans of this product but I just don't get it. I don't have bad skin. However I don't have great skin. My skin is on a bit on the dry side with a tad bit of skin laxity and hyperpigmentation . I only get a occasional break out. I have been looking for a product that works as promised. With all the hype of the SKII I decided to give it a fair try. It is very watery and does has a sake smell, however the smell dissipates after a minute or two. I only used it on the right side of my face and on the right back of my hand. After using two bottles Morning and night saw a Slight difference. The slight difference was the texture of my skin had a more moisturized appearance. I used it faithfully for a full 10 weeks that is how long the bottles lasted. My hands are very dry (face not as dry) and to be honest I would just moisturize the left back of my hand with cerave and by the end of the 10 weeks my left hand looked better than my right. I really wanted to like this product I would ask people to see if they noticed a difference between the right side of my face and left I would get mixed reviews but comparing the back of my hands 75% thought the left hand was better and that is NOT the hand I used the SKII on ! For me it was just like our politicians that promise and don't deliver.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Monbb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am currently on my second bottle & I have finally found a way to use it so that it suits my skin. I am 26 so my skin isn't considered mature yet. I have an oily/combination skin that is very dehydrated which causes it to be even oilier than normally. The first bottle of the Essence: I used it twice a day after cleansing by pouring some into my palms and patting it on to my face. About half way down the bottle I started breaking out on my nose (something unsual for me). I kept on using the Essence and the break outs continued. I decided this is the culprit and stopped using it. At that time I bought the Shiseido Ibuki Gentle Cleanser and the Ibuki Softening Concentrate. Sure enough, one week later my nose cleared up and my skin was good again. When the Softening Concentrate finished I didn't want to buy another one when I still had the remaining SKII Essence left, so I started using it again, this time I had no break outs! I finished the bottle and my skin felt great so I went ahead and decided to repurchase the SKII Essence. Well, 4 days after the purchase my nose broke out again! I threw away the receipt and the packaging so I was stuck with it, minus the $155!
I was desperate and did some online research. I read that when you use it as a toner with a cotton pad the product absorbs better and isn't as concentrated & strong when applied to the face that way. So as of last week I have been using it after the Shiseido Ibuki Gentle Cleanser (which I recommend along with the Softening Concentrate btw) and with a cotton pad as if it was a toner. I also found a sample of the Shiseido Ibuki Softening Concentrate which I use as directed. So my routine is as follows:
Shiseido Genle Cleanser -> SKII Essence as a toner -> Softening Concentrate -> moisturizer.
So far everything is working perfectly. The Essence seems to absorb faster and it feels lighter with less of the sake smell and it preps my skin for the Softening Concentrate which in turn makes my skin super soft and supple. The breaks out on my nose cleared up and my skin feels more moist and the oiliness is in check throughout the day.
Sorry for the long post, but I thought maybe my story could help some of those for whom SKII Essence was not a hit right away. Before you give up and toss it or pass it on to a friend try using it differently maybe then your skin will like it better.
Also sorry for the Shiseido "ads" but this is also a product that helped my skin and so far compliments the Essence. So bottom line is if you do splurge on the SKII Essence really give it a try in many ways until you run out of ways and then decide if it is or isn't for you. Also maybe the products you use along with it do not mix well together with the Essence?
I hope this was helpful to at least 1 person. Good luck on the quest to a happy skin :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first when I started to use it, I see no difference in my skin. I've used it for around a week or so? I know it wouldn't have any effect that is obvious when I've only used it for a week. But normally, when my period is about to come, I'll get horrible big red pimples and acne on my face. However, after using this, I DON'T SEE ANY ACNE NOR PIMPLE COMING OUT. which makes me believe if I use it for a longer period, it will do wonders to my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does wonders to my face. I have deep acne scars. After using it for two weeks i notice my scars are lighter and the redness reduced. I did have some breakouts after using it for a week, i guess thats because my skin trying to get used to the new product.Overall i love this product as now i can see that my skin are more even and not much redness.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by sjessiii

I have seen a lot of good reviews of this essence. Unfortunately, this is not for me. My friends uses it and it works fine for her. I can say her skin looks moisturized and her acne scars disappear at faster rate (well, her skin is not the troublesome one to begin with, just occasional breakout if she keeps on touching her face). As for me, it caused cystic acne, one by one gradually appearing. I stopped and my acne growth was reduced, After my skin gets a little bit better, I tried again and the same problem happened again.

You won't know this product will suit you or not, so better get a trial size first before purchasing the full one.

P.S. I tried two methods of application: by patting directly onto face and by using cotton pad. I found that the cotton pad one is better, my skin did become moisturized and glower but I just can't accept the appearance of cystic acne. :(