July 22, 2014 | 2104 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by lilannaf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know there are fans of this product but I just don't get it. I don't have bad skin. However I don't have great skin. My skin is on a bit on the dry side with a tad bit of skin laxity and hyperpigmentation . I only get a occasional break out. I have been looking for a product that works as promised. With all the hype of the SKII I decided to give it a fair try. It is very watery and does has a sake smell, however the smell dissipates after a minute or two. I only used it on the right side of my face and on the right back of my hand. After using two bottles Morning and night saw a Slight difference. The slight difference was the texture of my skin had a more moisturized appearance. I used it faithfully for a full 10 weeks that is how long the bottles lasted. My hands are very dry (face not as dry) and to be honest I would just moisturize the left back of my hand with cerave and by the end of the 10 weeks my left hand looked better than my right. I really wanted to like this product I would ask people to see if they noticed a difference between the right side of my face and left I would get mixed reviews but comparing the back of my hands 75% thought the left hand was better and that is NOT the hand I used the SKII on ! For me it was just like our politicians that promise and don't deliver.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Monbb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am currently on my second bottle & I have finally found a way to use it so that it suits my skin. I am 26 so my skin isn't considered mature yet. I have an oily/combination skin that is very dehydrated which causes it to be even oilier than normally. The first bottle of the Essence: I used it twice a day after cleansing by pouring some into my palms and patting it on to my face. About half way down the bottle I started breaking out on my nose (something unsual for me). I kept on using the Essence and the break outs continued. I decided this is the culprit and stopped using it. At that time I bought the Shiseido Ibuki Gentle Cleanser and the Ibuki Softening Concentrate. Sure enough, one week later my nose cleared up and my skin was good again. When the Softening Concentrate finished I didn't want to buy another one when I still had the remaining SKII Essence left, so I started using it again, this time I had no break outs! I finished the bottle and my skin felt great so I went ahead and decided to repurchase the SKII Essence. Well, 4 days after the purchase my nose broke out again! I threw away the receipt and the packaging so I was stuck with it, minus the $155!
I was desperate and did some online research. I read that when you use it as a toner with a cotton pad the product absorbs better and isn't as concentrated & strong when applied to the face that way. So as of last week I have been using it after the Shiseido Ibuki Gentle Cleanser (which I recommend along with the Softening Concentrate btw) and with a cotton pad as if it was a toner. I also found a sample of the Shiseido Ibuki Softening Concentrate which I use as directed. So my routine is as follows:
Shiseido Genle Cleanser -> SKII Essence as a toner -> Softening Concentrate -> moisturizer.
So far everything is working perfectly. The Essence seems to absorb faster and it feels lighter with less of the sake smell and it preps my skin for the Softening Concentrate which in turn makes my skin super soft and supple. The breaks out on my nose cleared up and my skin feels more moist and the oiliness is in check throughout the day.
Sorry for the long post, but I thought maybe my story could help some of those for whom SKII Essence was not a hit right away. Before you give up and toss it or pass it on to a friend try using it differently maybe then your skin will like it better.
Also sorry for the Shiseido "ads" but this is also a product that helped my skin and so far compliments the Essence. So bottom line is if you do splurge on the SKII Essence really give it a try in many ways until you run out of ways and then decide if it is or isn't for you. Also maybe the products you use along with it do not mix well together with the Essence?
I hope this was helpful to at least 1 person. Good luck on the quest to a happy skin :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first when I started to use it, I see no difference in my skin. I've used it for around a week or so? I know it wouldn't have any effect that is obvious when I've only used it for a week. But normally, when my period is about to come, I'll get horrible big red pimples and acne on my face. However, after using this, I DON'T SEE ANY ACNE NOR PIMPLE COMING OUT. which makes me believe if I use it for a longer period, it will do wonders to my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does wonders to my face. I have deep acne scars. After using it for two weeks i notice my scars are lighter and the redness reduced. I did have some breakouts after using it for a week, i guess thats because my skin trying to get used to the new product.Overall i love this product as now i can see that my skin are more even and not much redness.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by sjessiii

I have seen a lot of good reviews of this essence. Unfortunately, this is not for me. My friends uses it and it works fine for her. I can say her skin looks moisturized and her acne scars disappear at faster rate (well, her skin is not the troublesome one to begin with, just occasional breakout if she keeps on touching her face). As for me, it caused cystic acne, one by one gradually appearing. I stopped and my acne growth was reduced, After my skin gets a little bit better, I tried again and the same problem happened again.

You won't know this product will suit you or not, so better get a trial size first before purchasing the full one.

P.S. I tried two methods of application: by patting directly onto face and by using cotton pad. I found that the cotton pad one is better, my skin did become moisturized and glower but I just can't accept the appearance of cystic acne. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by minjing319

I've heard of SK II since I was a child living in Asia, this is the first time I ever tried it, and I think it works! The high price scares me off but one day I found it on sale on sasa so I bought a small bottle (30ml). Btw, I think this is a delux sample but sasa is known for making profits from selling "not for sale" samples. Anyway, back to the product, I've been using it for about 2 and a half weeks now (day and night), and I do notice the pores on my nose and cheeks are smaller, and my skin texture is smoother. Enlarged pores is a big skin concern of mine, so I am glad to see the visible improvement. However I haven't noticed any improvement on fine lines, skin tones, firmness, etc. I'll continue to use the essence and see what more it can do.

Each time I put about 4-5 drops on one palm, then dip two fingers on the essence and apply it around my eyes, after than i gently rub two palms together and apply the essence on the rest of my face. After 2.5 weeks the bottle is 1/3 empty, so think 30 ml can last at least 1 month.

I usually wait 1 minute to let the product absorb before applying serum and moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by hannguyen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I started consistently using it when I was 18 as it was first introduced to Australian market for 1.5 years along with my other skincare products. The reason for that was after meeting my friend's mom. Genetics and good lifestyle are one thing, but she did compliment her SKII product so I just had to try. At that time I thought it was no biggie really except for the blackheads on my nose was completely disappeared. Looking back how I wish I would have stick to it until now as after trying so many different toners, I found myself coming back for this bottle ( after few years later). Since I started to use it when I was so young, I guess I failed to appreciate how appropriate it is for my skin. One good thing about being young is that you're allowed to experimented without paying such a heavy (physical) price for it, and I did. However after years of different products, I hit to the point that I need to stop experimenting as (a) Skin was starting to stress out (b) need to commit to a routine that will preserve my youthfulness. I would like to make a few points that I think it's worth to know for the intended-users
1. If you start using it when you are at your prime i.e. 18 -23 ( I don't believe anything is recommended for underage user). Don't expect any over-the-top miracle. As your skin is still in its prime, anything which doesn't load with heaps of chemical is good actually. From my experiences, I noticed that my facial oil is reduced dramatically, nose blackhead was gone ( i tried to squeeze some out but there was nothing except for oil. And by oil I mean literally oil coming out from the little tiny pores).
2. As I re-used it again, after a few years later, maybe my skin was "mutate" but the effect wasn't as strong in comparison to the earlier year. The oil was still under control but the blackheads on the nose are more stubborn now. Having to say that, overall my nose is still smooth with minimal blackheads but it would have been better.
3.Don't expect your wrinkle or melanin to be faded just by using it alone, this product is good, when it is coupled with other products and by other products I do mean many other products. One good thing about it is that it's a very universal, friendly product that will not react to skincare from different brands as long as you stick to the 1 minute absorbent rule.
4.In my opinion, the only skincare products that worth purchasing are SKII Facial Essence and Facial Treatment Clear Lotion. I used the Clear Lotion first and THEN the essence. I know it's opposite to what other people would say but I found it's more effective for the oil, blackhead and moisturising effect.
5. Really good for late night work, exams, period or any hormonal effect as I found it works wonder as a prep for my other skincare product
6.The effect of this will be very subtle, so subtle that you will think it doesn't work. In my opinion, this essence is more for the long-term use. It will not cure what you already have, but it will certainly improve what you are lacking. I've been using for more than 4 years, I can confidently say it will tone your skin, reduce your oil and prepare your skin very well for the next step. Yet I just have to mention it again, don't expect any outrageous miracle (read the fine prints, not all of us will be Cate Blanchett)
7.Don't bother use cotton pads, too expensive to be wasted. Just smear it on your face, just as good
8.And for those who said it gives you cystic acne,in some case YES I think it will. However the point that worth noting is that when I was using as at 18, I didn't get any reaction. However, when I re-use it again few years later, I DID get acne, nothing major, but couple here-and-there spots. Believing the product I kept using it until everything was smoothed out and I don't have anything every since, including those extraordinary times when my skin was tested to the max. My theory is that, it felt like my skin was going under a detox process where the essence was trying to expel all the nasty stuffs in my pores. You know, the same process that your body would have gone through if you go on a detox. It's worth to mention that the whole process only took around 2 weeks maximum. If your skin is bombarded with excessive tiny itchy spots then it isn't a detox process, it's an allergic reaction and you will need to stop using it. Not everything means for everyone
Last word, there's nothing to complain about this product really except for the price. I'm using it and I will keep using it (along with my other products). If you use this with an open mind, as with anything really, and be patient enough then you will see the result according to your genetics make-up. If you don't, ah well time to embark on another journey to look for "the ONE"

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I do like that this is good to lessen acne around my T-zone area. It is so easy to use and you just dab on your hand then dab on your face and BAM, good to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by letseat

I've been using this for 2 weeks and everyone keeps asking what I have been using. They have noticed a dramatic difference in the appearance and texture of my skin. Although it is extremely pricey and smells of sweaty feet I will definitely purchase this again as I've always struggled to find something that works for my skin. It makes my acne dissapear, skin more balanced, pores diminish and allergic marks dissapear. I will be purchasing the limited edition 200ml tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie012

LOVE THIS. I just started using this a month ago, and my pores are smaller, my skin less oily, and just all over glowy. I am Korean, so I don't know if this product just works better on Asian skin or what, but all my korean friends that use this think it's the bees knees :)

I know you're supposed to put it on a cotton pad and pat the cotton pad all over your face, but like a lot of people said, that just wastes the product. Instead I just drop about 5 drops on this onto my hand warm up a bit by rubbing them together and pat right away onto my face. I use this product before any other skin product. I bought the 75ml size, and I've been using it for about a month and there's still more than half of the bottle left - another weeks and I'll get down to half - so I would guess that 75ml would last you about 2-3 months if you use it religiously twice a day (which is what I do).

Have already repurchased the 250 ml bottle!