Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

I've used crazy-expensive and lovely mascaras all of my life, but have had to budget here and there and this was one of my budgeting attempts. Definitely one of the better ones though.

Problem 1 - FLAKES. Flakey flakey flakey will start producing little flakes in at least four hours. But hey, it doesn't smear too, too badly for a drugstore mascara.

Problem 2 - THE TUBE. Have fun trying to open that silly shaped and textured tube with lotion on your hands, or if you have nerve/joint problems. Really, it will be such a joyous experience.

Problem 3 - Not as intense as I like mascaras to be

The Good - A nice, definite black colour. I've never had clumps, but I think that's more of a technique thing. It does lengthen and thicken and separate, just not as much as I'd like it to. If it gets wet but you don't touch it it will stay on and not do anything weird. There's no weird smell and it doesn't irritate my eyes. It dries quickly, almost too quickly to do multiple coats.

It's one of the better mascaras I've bought from the drugstore, without a doubt. I'm not in love with it, but if I need to buy a cheaper mascara again, I'll likely buy this one.

on 11/12/2014 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this mascara! It is a great every day mascara that holds your lashes up while giving you full, black lashes. It does not make your lashes look spikey or like tiny twigs. The full brush makes it easy to reach all of your tiny lash hairs and I noticed it does not smear or budge. I have extreme hooded eyes but it does not transfer onto my lid. Great mascara!

on 11/12/2014 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this recently because I had heard so many good things and figured I would try something new. My usual day to day mascara is Maybeline Full n Soft Waterproof or Clinique High Impact Waterproof. While I like how this formula went on and the big chunky packaging was kind of fun at first utimately I was dissapointed. I would get flaking mid-day which made my eyes look like my dark circles came out to say hello and secondly, I seem to be allergic to this formula. The whole time I used this mascara (1 week) my eyes were itchy and horrible. Most of the itching was right along my lash line but it even made wearing my contacts unbearable. After a week I switched backed to my Clinique and I haven't had eye issues since, so needless to say this one is going in the trash. If you have sensitive skin and/or wear contacts, be careful with this one.

on 10/29/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is SO good!!!!!
I tried the waterproof one, it does not smudge and it holds my curl all day long!
Love it!
the alternative of it will be the Rocket by Maybelline

on 10/15/2014 11:11:00 PM

This is like a classic mascara, every person who uses makeup has used this! I think it works pretty okay, just better mascaras have come out and it is being left behind. This mascara is great for people just starting out with makeup because it's cheap and works alright.

on 10/9/2014 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My impressions: My favorite drugstore mascara that I've ever used. I constantly get asked if I'm wearing fake lashes, and then they are surprised to find out I used a drugstore mascara. This wears very well, it doesn't run or rub off. My lashes look amazing. The brush makes it easier to apply. I haven't had one day where I've blinked from having the brush on my eyelashes (causing raccoon eye as a result). I would buy this again.

At Christmas I got a high end mascara sample kit. Mascaras included Benefit, Smashbox, and others. After trying all those. I still think that Covergirl Lash Blast is my favourite. It applies nicely and if you apply a few coats it gives you long lashes

on 9/14/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my go to mascara. I have been using it for over 7 years. Works perfect. The brush is big and bristles are tough to help separate lashes. It is easily buildable and can look simple and classic and with a few coats can look glam.

on 9/7/2014 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this stuff!
I have always had an issue with mascara smudging under my eyes by the end of the day. But for the most part this stayed put. Better than anything else I have tried. It definitely made my lashes look like I had lashes.

on 9/4/2014 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This mascara flakes under my eyes by the end of the day.
I find that the bottle does not last that long either.

Popular Mascaras