October 24, 2014 | 1783 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Superior Preference Hair Colour

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Xzarex

Where professional color failed L'Oreal succeeded. After bleaching my hair for the 3rd time my hair was still vibrant gold/orange. It was not attractive and it definitely did not match my new hair extensions. I tried using a professional toner and nothing worked, I used 3 different purple toners in my hair until I almost gave up so I looked at some of the reviews on the Lyon (light ash blonde) color I thought it was worth a try. And it works so well! I am always getting complemented on how perfect my hair looks now.
The only bad thing I had with this is that it turned the white parts of my hair a grey/blue color, but even those hues washed out with the first shampoo.
I definitely recommend this to anyone who is having difficulties going blonde (:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMary3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this boxed dye for almost a year now, in the shade Deepest Indigo and I have to say that I'm very pleased. For the first time that I dyed my hair I used the 100% hair color by Garnier, and it faded really quickly and after 2 weeks i already had really bad roots, so I switched to this and I've never looked back. It makes my hair really shiny, the color lasts a long time and I only need to dye my hair every 8 weeks, I could probably go for 10 or 12 but my OCD wouldn't let me. The smell is pretty bad, but umm its a hair dye not a perfume, what were you expecting? If you want a hair dye that doesn't smell too strong then try henna or something. Anyways, the conditioner that it comes with is really good it smells nice and leaves your hair feeling incredibly soft. They give you quite a bit of it, and if you use it weekly as the box instructs, it should just last you until your next coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by twisted_prncess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair is naturally fine, long, medium brown that tends to go dull in the summer months as previous colorings fade. I have been trying to stay a dark brown for a while, but found colorings keep fading or turning my roots a bit warm. I picked this color up in Dark Brown - Brasilia 3 - because it was one of the very few left in a store one night after deciding I needed to try a change to get rid of the hot roots and quick-fade colorings from other products.
It does have a watery consistency during application, but I was very careful. Okay....the bath mat is garbage...but I persevered through the application process fairly clean after I wiped up the mess. A little annoying, yes. The applicator bottle (and I'm not sure if this was just my "tip"...) had a VERY small hole for the color mixture to come out of, so application took a VERY long time to thoroughly saturate and I didn't even end up finishing the bottle because my arms hurt, but I don't see any other comments about that so I think I just got a strange bottle. I took packaging quality off for that. The gloves fit snug and comfortable though, so good on them for that.
It smells standard for hair color, maybe a bit on the strong side...but as long as I get great color I'm easy! The conditioner tube is generous and the conditioner is wonderful, and I loved the smell of it.
The color? GORGEOUS. Rich, deep, dark brown. My hair is shiny and soft but I cannot get over the depth of this dark brown. It has pulled red SLIGHTLY, but that is typical for my hair (and the previous dyes still in it). The color is great, my hair feels wonderful and the color is very true to the box. Hopefully it doesn't fade too fast, but I am VERY happy with my results. Yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Sassy_Pants77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I'm in between salon visits, I always go for this product. It's comparatively gentle on the hair, doesn't smell too strongly of ammonia, and it actually left my hair looking shinier and healthier than it did before I dyed it, which is almost unheard of. The colour is as nice as a box dye can be, and covers greys great (yes I'm 24, it sucks). Plus the conditioner that comes with it is AMAZING. Seriously, I wish they sold it separately.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Octobercutie888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is hair dye of course smells bad ladies, it's chemicals open a window :) The conditioner you use after is great. It's the best hair dye i have ever used and never will try another it lasts longer than a month for me because my hair and skin seem to take in alot of pigmentation if you know what i'm saying. The price is ok but as long as everyone continues to buy products the price will never drop :) Anyways Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Shariwelch

I don't understand why this product gets such horrible reviews. My hair color turned out gorgeous, my hair is shiny and healthy and I will definitely be using this again. Of course there's an odor, it's hair color. Open a window. This product doesn't smell any worse than any other hair color product that I've used. I was going for a medium chocolate brown like Jennifer Lawrence's in The Hunger Games. My hair started as a light brown with golden highlights. I wanted a cool color to alleviate any red tones and so chose Medium Ash Brown. Perfect Katniss color and I've received so many compliments. No reddish tint at all. Love it and will be purchasing again in a few weeks to refresh roots. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am rating the Onyx Blue Sheen available at Sally's and online. I purchased this as I love Redken Shades EQ Onyx and Redken is owned and manufactured by L'Oreal so I thought this would be the logical perm hair color to use with Redken.

Pros: Great color, the kind of Onyx blue black I always wanted!
Excellent shine.
Lasts a very long time.
Inexpensive.

Cons:
Strong, very strong, open a window strong odor!
Stings the scalp a little.
Very messy!
A bit drying.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by missty86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

even though the color came out good, its the most damaging hair color i have ever used. I have used many different dyes before including L'Oreal excellence but my hair texture was never affected until i use preference. my hair was super shiny before using this hair-dye and now all the shine is gone despite of regular oiling, using sulfate free gentle shampoos, never blow drying or using high heat tools,. its been over a year and my hair is still not shiny...
i regret using this dye so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by decoded

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this a lot recently and it's what has lead to my hairs demise. I was trying to achieve a nice light brown color, and I just couldn't seem to get it right. I started off using UL51 Hi-lift natural brown. This worked fairly well at first, but it really was not quite the color I wanted. So I went over to using the UL63 Hi-lift Gold Brown. I don't know what it is about this dye, but it over lifts my hair. I used it twice and it gave me a weird root ombre effect of where my roots for about an inch or two were darn near light blonde, and it completely made the rest of my hair darker than what it was before. I tried using a 5 medium brown to cover it but it gave me a reddish, coppery hue. I recently got the hi-lift golden brown, hoping it would be ok because my hair was a almost black color. It still gave me blonde roots, though not as much as the other time, and a weird splotch mix of dark black and light brown. It's also thoroughly wrecked my hairs condition. I'm done using this dye.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by archgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used Medium Golden Brown about 8 weeks ago and have noticed that it's still covering the majority of gray hairs with the exception of the roots where they have grown out. This stuff works way better than Garnier, which is what I had tried previously. The color came out darker than I expected, but not so much so that anyone else that I was around on a daily basis even noticed. It stinks like heck when you apply it and will make your eyes burn.