October 20, 2014 | 1118 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Typographic

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by bebeblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love Typographic. I use it almost daily as a soft eyeliner, since I dislike the way hard lines look on my eyes; I much prefer smokey/smudge-y looks. This is fantastic for smokey eyes. The color is much nicer than black on my fair skin and blue eyes. Great staying power, very blendable, incredibly pigmented. HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

there was a rumour last year that this color was to be discontinued from MAC -- so I went out and bought 3 replacement pans and had my personal one and one that I use quite a bit in my palettes... Well the rumours were not true, but I have no regrets on purchasing these since they are a staple for a dark smokey eye or for lining. The color is such a deep dark grey -- beautiful matte texture and no blue undertones.

perfect for most skins and perfect for a neat application since it doesn't dust all over the place.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by bliu108

I use Typographic every day for smudging my eyeliner or for a deep V-smudgy look, just to give my eyes some depth (I have like semi-monolids). It blends really well, and it's not too intense. I made the mistake of buying Carbon, thinking Carbon would give a great smoky eye look, but the matte texture just doesn't really blend well. Typographic I think is matte2 texture, and I use it much more than Carbon. This may be the first MAC eyeshadow that I actually run out of.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Lux77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this just in case I need a black shadow, I don't use it often but I really like it because its not true black. I like it with my silver smokey eye look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by jazmatazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Simply amazing. This shadow is my favorite formula, Matte2 which is creamy, blends like a dream and true to color. Typographic is great to smoke out other silvery type shadows like Patina or Satin Taupe or line the eyes for a smokey effect. This is a more blendable, less harsh option to Carbon/Black Tied as well. I have been using this way more than Carbon lately especially when I'm in a rush because it's so much easier to use, I find Carbon hard to blend at times.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by NikkiatMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great colour for lining the eyes, or adding extra drama to the outer V. Really good pigmentation without being super black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect color for smokey eyes. Unlike carbon eyeshadow it is not chalky and it actually blends out. Texture is amazing and pigmentation is great. Staple, Staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

omg...I cant get over how much I'm loving this shadow. whenever you need the extra depth and smoldery sexiness, you think of a dark matte shadow, Carbon perhaps? but what happens when carbon is too black/inky and print is too grey!? you get typographic. a soft black. not as harsh, way more blendable. so much easier to make a smokey eye with Typo rather than carbon.
it's sooo smooth and coal-like! love this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I held off of buying Typographic for a long time as I thought that because I had Carbon, I didn't need it. Turns out I did need it! Typographic is an *almost* black e/s. Side by side with Carbon it looks grey, and for once MAC's colour description is spot on, it is an asphalt-black. Perfect for when you need a very dark e/s finish without the harshness of pure black. I use Typographic at least a couple of times a week to darken the outer V or use as a smudgy liner. As with all Matte2s the blendability is great, really easy to work with and to get the intensity you are looking for. I was going to finish this by saying this is the only very dark neutral MAC e/s you need, but really you need this and Smut too :p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this shadow. I am MAC NW45 and it is the perfect color to define my crease or to use all over. Not too black yet not an ashy grey either. I have this in my custom palette along with Embark, Soft Brown and Saddle.