Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this so much. I've used this palette for over a year, and I love how it's versatile... I wear the tamer colors on a regular basis, and the colorful ones during the weekend.

I cannot wear "out-there" shades at work, but I love this palette for my weekends. The colors are highly pigmented and velvety, and they last all day with the help of UD's shadow primer.

Great shadow palette. I love the colors in it and the fact that you can do both dramatic looks and natural looks with these colors or a mix of both. Not to mention that the quality of them are amazing. They are seriously beautiful shadows and the best I've ever used.

on 6/2/2011 3:42:00 PM

I have had this palatte now for about 6 years and the eyeshadow is still in wonderful condition. I love the packaging, the sparkle metal on the outside is what drew me to it. Not to mention the price isn't bad, considering when the deluxe eyeshadows cost on their own.

on 6/2/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

My review almost seems pointless because this product is already getting rave reviews but I have to say, I love these eye shadows. To start with, the box is easy to get open, yet stays firmly shut because the lid and bottom are magnetically attracted to each other. The actual shadows are smooth and buttery and are amazingly pigmented. It's also hard to break them. I'v dropped this more than a few times and none of the shadows have broken. Well worth your money.

on 4/20/2011 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this palette. Every color is beautiful and buttery smooth. I'm glad there aren't any glitter shadows as those have terrible fallout and I stay away from them.

The 2 things I would change are:

(1) the 2 little sponge brushes that are included inside the paltte are cheap and useless. It would be great if UD just made that slot in the palette big enough to hold the travel-sized potion primer instead! That would be so convenient!!!

(2) the package design of this palette seems out of place with the typical UD aesthetic. I'm a graphic designer so I have huge appreciation for UD's unique designs. But I don't love the outside of the palette, and I don't like the inside at all, it seems too plain and BLAH for the typical awesomeness that is UD package design.

Despite these things, I still love the palette's color selection but I wouldn't purchase again since UD is always coming up with new, awesomely packaged products with beautiful eyeshadows.

on 4/5/2011 5:18:00 PM

I love love this palette!! It is one of my favorite palettes. The colors are beautiful, pigmented, and creamy.

on 4/4/2011 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my second UD palette and all I have to say is WOW! These deluxe shadows are a dream! So velvety, so soft, so smooth! The standouts IMO are Honey, Fishnet and Peace. Honey is number one because its gold but not a tacky gold, its so flattering and lovely swept across the eyelid, I feel so chic when I'm wearing it. The only shadow I haven't really used is Graffiti, not that its a bad color, I just haven't worn it in entirety. I LOVE this palette too much. All the colors are winners for me, which is a hard find in an eye palette.

on 3/22/2011 12:47:00 AM

I use this palette everyday and I love it!! I actually use the neutrals everyday for my work, because in my work environment, the other colors would be a bit too "shocking" and non-compliant with the dress code. But they're super fun when it comes to going out on the weekends/after work ;] Either way, all I can say about this palette is that I love it and since I use it everyday I'd recommend it to anybody looking for a mix of fun shades and useful/neutral shades for everyday wear. Perfect weekend and weekday palette with a beautiful mix of shades that really compliment each other and leave you with limitless possibilities. They aren't prone to fallout (which I find some other UD shades are), and they're shimmery and draw attention to your eyes in a way that makes them stand out (in a good way). I use the neutrals for work everyday, and I get a lot of compliments on my eyes/eyeshadow. My all-time favorite palette by them!

on 3/18/2011 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Gorgeous, pigmented colors. I love the colors they put into this palette. It's like my go-to palette when I want color.

This was actually one of my first palettes that I bought from Urban Decay.. I still have it and it's still got lots of life to it still.
It was a great investment! If you're thinking about it, go get it tiger!

I love the packaging as well. The purple, the silver....ahh I love it!

Popular Palettes