MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

I love this foundation! I've tried so many drugstore and high end foundations trying to find one that doesn't look like a mask or emphasize my dry patches. Face & body looks just like skin and evens out my skin tone without feeling heavy. I mix N1 and white depending on the time of year. I apply it with my fingers instead of a beauty blender or brush- it seems to give more coverage this way.

I know the packaging doesn't look glamourous- but it allows you to dispense the amount you need (unlike some pumps and regular bottles). It does leave a shiny finish- which is great if you like a dewy look or have dry skin, but if you ave oily skin it may not be the best fit.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Okay, so basically let's start off with if I ran out I wouldn't buy it again. Having said that personally I think it's just okay. It is a light coverage foundation but it is buildable to I'd say medium coverage? I'm used to the whole full face shabang.. I'm the type that will never go out without makeup on hence I'm surprised I liked this product. Having said that I wouldn't repurchase it only because it's boring? There's no wow factor. However I feel like a lot of people would love this foundation.. people with amazing skin/normal skin or even slightly problematic skin would like it. Definitely not for people who want mad coverage. It does get quite messy but they give you loooadsss for the price so who cares, eh?

Oh man this stuff is the shizzzzz! I have oily skin, but recently have been using retinol, so it's a gorgeous combo oily/flaky at the moment. It's fairly clear, so I don't need a lot of coverage.

I've been using tons of different bb creams trying to find something that my oil won't break apart, but won't pronounce my flaky bits. Before the face and body, I was using the MAC lightful c tinted moisturizer and the MAC water weight bb... both decent products, but don't last more than 3-4 hours.

Then I found this guy. I was super frustrated with it at first because I was applying it with different brushes, only to realize that fingers are really the only way to get even, non-streaky coverage.

Coverage: light (with a brush)- medium (with fingers). You can tap more product onto problem areas for more coverage. Covers discolouration well, but only blurs pimples/spots.

Finish: to dieeeee for!! As an oily girl, I don't like shine. But this stuff with a bit of MAC neutralize skin finish is bomb.com. It makes your skin pretty pore-less too.

Wear: The longest I've ever experienced with any product, and I've tried tons of stuff. Legit- I'm wearing this through Canadian winter, with snow whipping my face all day long. My brows come off, but my skin looks flawless.

Consistency: weird. Very weird. Kinda like watery Elmer's glue. But I think that's what makes it stay on for so long. I wear it over oily sunscreen (Tarteguard) which kills other products, but not this guy. It weirdly glues all my flaky bits down too.

Packaging: Awesome, no fuss. Just a hygienic squeeze-bottle. No waste, can easily carry it around.

Application: Cleanse, tone, add moisturizer and sunscreen, WAIT 10 MINS (!!!), apply with fingers, WAIT ANOTHER 5 mins (!!!), light powder.

... and it doesn't break me out!

ONLY issue I have with it is it's complete lack of any skin-benifical ingredients. Who cares though, that's what serums are for.

I'm MAC NC15, and C1 in this.

Highly recommend for dry skin. Ppl those who have dry skin just go for it, I have used so many brands but this product is just wowsome. Need not search for any other product just buy this one. You will use it for your lifetime

Oil, oil, oil everywhere. I tried this foundation in a makeup demonstration and I had to take it off when I arrived home.

I was a mess, full of oil. If you have oily/acne-prone skin do NOT buy this foundation.

Love it, just want to add to the chorus of praise for this foundation, I use shade N1 and it's perfect for my colouring, not too yellow which can look odd when you're pale with blue undertones. It's all about the finish and the finished look is just beautifully natural.
The best and only compliment i've ever had on my skin was while wearing this foundation, that puts it in the big HG category. Top notch.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I paid a visit to the MAC shop since I always hear great stuff about their products. I have a very difficult skin when it comes to finding a good foundation or basically good skincare in general. Why? It's not only very dry but also extremely sensitive. Eczema and allergy are the rule, rather than the exception.

I asked one of the shop assistants for advice and she recommended me the MAC Face and Body Foundation. She applied it and although it looked natural and didn't accentuate my dryness (I hadn't even put on my moisturizer), I quickly started to feel irritation on my skin: first a stingy sensation, and the feeling of being flushed. When I got home, I immediately removed the makeup and in an attempt to prevent it from getting worse -like, getting a rash-, I took an allergy pill and applied an eczema ointment. I couldn't prevent a rash from coming, but luckily it disappeared very quickly (probably because of the "precautions" I have taken).

Anyway: I think this foundation is a good choice for dry to very dry skin, but if you (also) have sensitive skin that doesn't need much to get irritated: watch out!

I'll try and keep this short & sweet not to repeat too much of what many said :

For some weird reason, I keep trying the latest high-end "perfect foundation", when in fact I found *the* perfect foundation years ago.

Face & Body as others said perfects the face while no one sees I have make-up on. It gives a slightly glowy very natural look. If warmed up on the back of the hand (I "tap" the fluid with one finger for about half a minute to make it sticky) it also gives good coverage. Always work it in with the hands. The colour is quite forgiving and seems to adapt to one's own tone.

I have three colours at home and mix c2 and c4, when I am very tan I mix a tiny drop of #7 in there (olive medium skintone).

It lasts - I use little to no powder since powder can look chalky on my drier than normal skin.

I keep coming back to this one - the best!

HG!!!!! I love to mix this foundation with a moisturizer, then set with bare minerals powder and UD chill makeup setting spray, lasts all day and it beautiful

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation used to be like $20 for a huge bottle. Now its $32 for a tiny 50 ml bottle. Are you joking? On top of that, they've gotten rid of all the deep shades :| .....
This is the go to foundation for those that have dry skin, or blemish free good skin that want that nice dewy glamorous look.

I can't lie, the foundation is very pretty. it's also very sheer which I like because I'm not a foundation wearer and don't like anything that has heavy coverage. It has a very watery runny consistency so you really need to right brush to apply it (I find its best applied with my hands). Especially when combined with a great concealer, It will give your face a beautiful sheer glow.

I don't use this foundation because they got rid of the one in my color (the one I have is too dark and the wrong undertone) and also because its too glamorous for everyday wear (for me anyway). Also, this foundation needs to be set or that dewy glow will quickly turn into an oily mess! It looks terrible after only a few hours if you don't set it.

This foundation is for a very selective skin type. If you have skin issues, textured skin, acne, or oily skin, just stay away. It is apparently buildable and you can work with it in different ways but you're just not going to get the most out of this foundation if you don't belong to the skin group it caters to. There are other foundations out there that can give you the same radiant glow without all the mess. It can also definitely break you out too (which it did to me the first two times I wore it) so be careful.

This foundation is nice if you have the skin for it and/or like a very sheer coverage foundation. However, with the ridiculous price tag and the lack of shade range you can definitely find much better options that are more suitable to a wide range of skin colors and types. Cheers!

Video Reviews & Tutorials