December 21, 2014 | 1878 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by ResistanceIsFutile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another eponymous product I wanted to love... C2 was a beautiful match on my light/medium yellow toned skin, and it did impart a nice "glow" at first but got straight up shiny as the day progressed. The coverage was very light and evened things out with a second coat. I did rub it in with my fingers instead of a sponge or brush application.
I just can't wear this however because I am *95% sure that it broke me out. Really badly. I have skin that usually tolerates makeup well, and I just can't commit to trying it again and risking the acne and resulting hyperpigmentation and scarring that follows it.

*Edited-100% sure it broke me out in spots that took a long time to heal. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by jodiegirl6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product. I have sensitive skin and I don't get any reactions whatsoever. It is very light and can be applied with your fingertips - this was a big plus for me as I'm too lazy to apply fountain any other way ;) You can build it up for heavier coverage however I find one coat paired with Golden bronzing powder is perfect for work/day wear and I add a second coat for night wear. The lightness of the foundation also means you can make a bottle last for a couple of months as it spreads out so evenly and smoothly across the face, which helps ease the pain of the price tag. Long lasting wear, especially if paired with a primer and gives the skin a lovely glow. Enjoy! x

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by meliannatsr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate wearing foundation because I feel that it makes my skin look really caked up, so that's the main reason I adore this so much- it is very light but it provides enough coverage in order to conceal redness and discoloration and it leaves the skin looking dewy and glowing and healthy! I like to use this as a base and use concealer to cover up whatever needs to be covered and my skin looks perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by lexibebe26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far, this is my favourite foundation that I've tried to date. I have dry skin, so I prefer a dewey finish, which this foundation gives. I also don't have extremely problematic skin, or many blemishes needed to cover up, which is why the fact that this foundation isn't full coverage is okay with me, even though it is buildable. The foundation doesn't have a scent, although it can feel tacky on the skin if you touch it with your hands throughout the day, unless you set it with a powder. I generally don't set my make up with powder, and it stays throughout the day without being set, although it is on the pricey side. It also doesn't cake up on my skin AT ALL, so I would definitely recommend it if your skin is extremely dry, like mine. c:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked this when I first bought it but it doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Maybe it's because I've tried other foundations since, I don't know. But it's just not for me anymore. It's too thin, runny and takes to much to build up. It also dries too quickly I think. I pref something more creamier I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Polkafroot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was perfect for me - it gives a dewy, soft and natural looking finish. Prior to this, I have tried out matte foundations and they made my skin looked really dry and flaky. I feel that this is perfect for dry to combination skin.

However, my face do get quite a bit of shine after prolonged period of wear but that can be easily settled with a loose powder. Price is a little steep (in my country) but it comes in a generous size. Application is easy as well since it's like squeezing diluted glue from a bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Olivialk

The finish is Dewey which is nice but not if you have oily skin as it makes you look very oily. The coverage is light but you can build it up to medium. The consistency is so creamy and really nice to apply with your fingers or a brush. The cons is the packaging: it doesn't come with a pump so it's a little unhygienic when squeezing onto your hand/brush as the foundation gets into your lid. Also, this product broke me out each time I used it, even if I used primer beforehand and washed my face and used makeup remover. Everyone's skin is different but if you're prone to spots, don't use it trust me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to love this after I was treated to a MAC makeover for my birthday. The artist used this on me and I thought it was absolutely gorgeous. I have fairly good skin with some texture issues and scars from my adolescent days. Otherwise I have balanced, normal skin and do not struggle with oiliness. Initially, this was wonderfully skin-like and dewy, making my skin look like MY skin, only more hydrated and glowy.

As I have experimented with it for the past month, I have become less and less enthused. I have tried numerous methods of application, but for some reason, the result was not the same. If I set it with powder, it looks cakey. If I only use a setting spray, it starts to look oily (even though I am again, not oily at all). In fact, I had a coworker ask me if I was feverish because I looked a bit too "shiny". Ouch.

Lastly, it oxidized. It was definitely a half shade darker by the end of a workday. This is with and without primer.

I bought the big bottle because I was convinced I would love this, but unfortunately it's going back to the store :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I think i like this product...

It is sheer but can be buildable, it has a lightweight feel to it and blends easy. The colour match is great but it doesn't hide blemishes or spots. It does last the day but doesnt control oil so I have to reapply a setting powder throughout the day/evening.

I personally think this is more of the better end of BB creams but with slightly more coverage. I would buy it again and use this as my weekend/day makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by teenagemakeupfreak101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is SUCH a nice product! I got a tester and LOVED as it just makes your skin so glowy and healthy looking and it helps to even out your skin tone PERFECTLY! But DUN DUN DUN!! haha I found it made my skin a bit itchy a lot of the MAC foundations do this for me.. :( I wish they where more kind to skin but there not at least on me... Though if I didn't get a bit itchy from it I would repurchase it so thats why I said I would! :)