MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 5/7/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am the type of person who hates to wear foundation, but this one i don't mind at all. It feels extremely natural and lasts all day. I have oily olive tone skin with some acne scars on my cheeks. I use this with a concealer underneath, seriously all you need is one or two coats with a concealer underneath and it looks like your own natural flawless skin. It will not give you full coverage without a concealer. I have oily skin and live in a hot area, so what i do after i apply this i use a pressed powder on my t-zone and it works out great. I would recommend this to people who like the natural look. REMEMBER, if you want to have that blemish free natural look, use a concealer underneath. Apply with damp sponge for best results.

I got F&B in C1 and fell head over heels for the natural finish, but the color was too dark and slightly too yellow. I have dry skin that is very light with slight yellow undertones and moderate rosacea. Most foundations look very chalky and fake on my skin, and their lightest colors are always too pink (and usually too dark).

Adding some white made my C1 perfect! Sure, it doesn't completely cover all of my redness, but it blends it away enough that I just look like I got a little sun - healthy and natural (unlike most pale foundations, which make me look dead even if they're not lighter than me).

Yes, the finish is shiny, but I love it on my dry-ish skin. I don't even use powder with it. This is the only foundation I've tried (out of about a dozen) that looks totally natural (particularly on my nose). All others have clung to and highlighted my peach fuzz, pores, and sebaceous filaments.

Unlike most, I prefer to apply with a brush, so I do wish it didn't leave such a gummy mess in my nice brush.

I got a small dropper bottle to mix in so that I don't have to concoct my color every day, and it's working wonderfully.

I still can't believe I found a foundation that is undetectable even super close-up. This is amazing!

on 4/29/2015 3:43:00 PM

My go to foundation for when I use an all over foundation. I typically for day will wear sunscreen (lots) concealer blush and a setting powder only

I bought a darker cool tone color and a large bottle of the white as my skin tone is always changing. I can run N15 - N30 (cool)

I saw a few MUA in action on youtube, and saw how they mixed the white to another color and matched to the jaw line.

The MUA really slapped rubbed and used their fingers to work it into the skin No brush, no sponge no fuss. Love it !

This foundation is the ONLY ONE I have found to not dry out my skin and gives me a nice sheer finish. I can really build it up though'

I love the finish and texture, it does not need to be set with powder but I do run my ambient lighting powder over it, before blusher and bronzer.

This has been out now for over 20 yrs and is the "Bridal Foundation" as it gives such a soft pretty look (no flash back you need your own sunscreen)

Every good MUA has this in their kit, and I have to say it is at a much lower price point than the other HE foundations. I think they just do not put the money into packaging (cheap plastic) nor market the product (save money) as it is so well known, so you get much more product at a much less $$ amount and a beautiful application

on 4/26/2015 4:25:00 PM

I've been searching for that HG foundation for about a year or two because I've only recently really got into foundation. Tried the likes of Estee Lauder, MAC, Revlon, Bourjois,Maybelline and MaxFactor. I have really pale skin, and pretty much every foundation tends to oxidise on my face after about fifteen minutes of application....NOT THIS BEAUTY. Yes the shade N1 is slightly too dark for me, but I've found out since purchasing it that i probably would have been better with C1 as i have more yellow undertones. Yet it's so sheer in formula that you can blend it in really well and get away with a shade too light/dark. This coverage is really light, but you can totally build it up to medium coverage, without it feeling heavy or cakey, Just make sure to leave about three or four minutes in between applying layers. It's fantastic for dry skin (which i have) because it totally moisturizes your skin and as a result I've found I can now skip my face moisturizing routine. I'm actually going to repurchase this foundation...and I have never repurchased a foundation before.

PROS: 1. It photographs amazingly(!!!!!) - i wore it to a ball recently and I've never looked so photogenic. No flashback.
2. Amazing staying power, didn't sweat off the whole night of the ball through lots of ceilidh dancing.
3. Great price - £21.50 for 50mls I think and debenhams often have 10% off beauty and they sell MAC so get yourself in there when they have these discounts.
4.Packaging is so convenient and cute! Its like a little milk bottle. Its plastic and has a pump type dispenser so it doesn't get messy.
5. Seems to have a good range of shades...I can't wait to try out C1.

Cons - Can be a bit sticky if you apply too much too quickly - just treat it like a moisturizer wait till the first lot has dried in and then apply your next layer.

Overall a great foundation for those looking for a natural finish that really brings out the best in your skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this! It has replaced my Maybelline Dream Liquid and MAC Studio Sculpt foundations. It works perfectly with the Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray, as I tend to get oily in the t-zone. Lasts all day for me. Shade N5 is perfect for me. Next time, I'll go ahead and purchase the larger size, as I just purchase the smaller bottle last month, and it's almost gone. I've never used this on my body so I don't know how well it works for that.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Dewy, healthy finish. It's sheer and will even out your skintone beautifully. Its nice paired with studio finish concealer. I read about this foundation seperating in the bottle and going bad, but I haven't had that happen at all to 3 different bottles. It has a light orangey scent. It's best applied over moisturized skin with your fingertips. A brush or a sponge will just soak it right up. It looks totally natural which is the best part. You can not tell its foundation, it just looks like really nice skin!

on 4/19/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

my Hg! i have oily/combo sens acne prone skin! so foundation is tricky for me, ive tried high end and drugstore, in all types of formulations, i was told why it didnt break me out because it was a water based foundation, with makes sense since i cant wear silica primers, i read people saying it makes them look oilier, but i have an oily t zone, and after i set it with the msnf it creates a super natural look, i have been looking for a comparable dupe, but no luck, i will continue to re purchase

on 4/12/2015 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

love this stuff! It makes my skin look dewy and natural which i like. The coverage is just right for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased the N7 in this, it's been so long that I've worn another MAC foundation that I don't remember clearly what my 'shade' is, I want to say NC45 ? But I have doubts

Anyway, I tried this after being somewhat frustrated with foundations, the promises and the price tag. I'm not cheap and will spend the money on a great foundation but those are hard to come by. A little of this goes a long way, I bought the smallest size last January and still using it, that said I don't use this everyday.

It's OK, not great, not fantastic, not awful just ok. I think I needed something with a tad more coverage than what this provides, it does get shiny quite quickly so powder is needed.

I think this is for someone with near to perfect skin that just wants to even their tone out a little. I've since purchased Laura Merciers secret camouflage so I'm anxious to test it out using this foundation.

Would I repurchase ? NO, but I am happy I tried out one of the beauty standards.

on 4/9/2015 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

MY HG FOUNDATION!
Ok so when I first purchased this, it looked so good when the MAC MUA applied it to my face in the shop. I then went home and tried to apply it myself and I was so mad, I wanted to go and return the damn thing. It was watery, gave me no coverage and I looked like an oil slick.....
AND THEN I LEARNED HOW TO APPLY IT PROPERLY! All you need is a small amount. I find it is too runny to apply with a brush so I just use my fingers, I apply some product to my face and blend; the more I blend, the more coverage I get.
This foundation is super duper buildable I can go from light natural looking coverage to medium/full coverage.
Its really hydrating So its good for winter when my skin dries out, but its generally good all year round! I wouldn't recommend this to someone with oily skin.
The finish is very shiny, you will need to set this.
I love the packaging, squeezy bottle with a lid, also this stuff lasts forever!
Definitely recommend to those who like a natural everyday makeup that offers good coverage whilst not looking cakey.

Video Reviews & Tutorials