MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

This is such a weird product. For reference, I have oily combo skin with some flaking. I applied this over my Tarteguard spf 30 with a small duo fiber brush from MAC (can't remember the number) and I didn't have any appliction problems. The coverage was light-medium and I needed some concealer for a couple active pimples and a few really dicoloured scars. Otherwise, it covered redness and faint scars pretty well.

The finish... this is the weird part. It was SO shiny! My skin felt tight, but not dry and a bit tacky to the touch, even though it didn't transfer. It actually looked and felt like I smeared a fine layer of tinted Elmer's glue on my face (yes- I've totally done that back in grade school). I quite liked it, to be honest. The foundation lasted about 8 hours before my natural oils started to break it up, which is super long for me. And it didn't break me out, YAY!

I think I'm going to use up the bottle, although I wont repurchase because it really has a lot of nasty ingredients (parabens, alcohol, etc.), and nothing beneficial to the skin (no antioxidants or vitamin e). I figure if I'm rubbing something on my face everyday, it might as well have some healthy nutrients.

Highly recommend for dry skin. Ppl those who have dry skin just go for it, I have used so many brands but this product is just wowsome. Need not search for any other product just buy this one. You will use it for your lifetime

Oil, oil, oil everywhere. I tried this foundation in a makeup demonstration and I had to take it off when I arrived home.

I was a mess, full of oil. If you have oily/acne-prone skin do NOT buy this foundation.

Love it, just want to add to the chorus of praise for this foundation, I use shade N1 and it's perfect for my colouring, not too yellow which can look odd when you're pale with blue undertones. It's all about the finish and the finished look is just beautifully natural.
The best and only compliment i've ever had on my skin was while wearing this foundation, that puts it in the big HG category. Top notch.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I paid a visit to the MAC shop since I always hear great stuff about their products. I have a very difficult skin when it comes to finding a good foundation or basically good skincare in general. Why? It's not only very dry but also extremely sensitive. Eczema and allergy are the rule, rather than the exception.

I asked one of the shop assistants for advice and she recommended me the MAC Face and Body Foundation. She applied it and although it looked natural and didn't accentuate my dryness (I hadn't even put on my moisturizer), I quickly started to feel irritation on my skin: first a stingy sensation, and the feeling of being flushed. When I got home, I immediately removed the makeup and in an attempt to prevent it from getting worse -like, getting a rash-, I took an allergy pill and applied an eczema ointment. I couldn't prevent a rash from coming, but luckily it disappeared very quickly (probably because of the "precautions" I have taken).

Anyway: I think this foundation is a good choice for dry to very dry skin, but if you (also) have sensitive skin that doesn't need much to get irritated: watch out!

I'll try and keep this short & sweet not to repeat too much of what many said :

For some weird reason, I keep trying the latest high-end "perfect foundation", when in fact I found *the* perfect foundation years ago.

Face & Body as others said perfects the face while no one sees I have make-up on. It gives a slightly glowy very natural look. If warmed up on the back of the hand (I "tap" the fluid with one finger for about half a minute to make it sticky) it also gives good coverage. Always work it in with the hands. The colour is quite forgiving and seems to adapt to one's own tone.

I have three colours at home and mix c2 and c4, when I am very tan I mix a tiny drop of #7 in there (olive medium skintone).

It lasts - I use little to no powder since powder can look chalky on my drier than normal skin.

I keep coming back to this one - the best!

HG!!!!! I love to mix this foundation with a moisturizer, then set with bare minerals powder and UD chill makeup setting spray, lasts all day and it beautiful

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation used to be like $20 for a huge bottle. Now its $32 for a tiny 50 ml bottle. Are you joking? On top of that, they've gotten rid of all the deep shades :| .....
This is the go to foundation for those that have dry skin, or blemish free good skin that want that nice dewy glamorous look.

I can't lie, the foundation is very pretty. it's also very sheer which I like because I'm not a foundation wearer and don't like anything that has heavy coverage. It has a very watery runny consistency so you really need to right brush to apply it (I find its best applied with my hands). Especially when combined with a great concealer, It will give your face a beautiful sheer glow.

I don't use this foundation because they got rid of the one in my color (the one I have is too dark and the wrong undertone) and also because its too glamorous for everyday wear (for me anyway). Also, this foundation needs to be set or that dewy glow will quickly turn into an oily mess! It looks terrible after only a few hours if you don't set it.

This foundation is for a very selective skin type. If you have skin issues, textured skin, acne, or oily skin, just stay away. It is apparently buildable and you can work with it in different ways but you're just not going to get the most out of this foundation if you don't belong to the skin group it caters to. There are other foundations out there that can give you the same radiant glow without all the mess. It can also definitely break you out too (which it did to me the first two times I wore it) so be careful.

This foundation is nice if you have the skin for it and/or like a very sheer coverage foundation. However, with the ridiculous price tag and the lack of shade range you can definitely find much better options that are more suitable to a wide range of skin colors and types. Cheers!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Reviews I found on here turned me on to MUFE Face and Body foundation, which I LOVE. I decided to revisit MAC Face and Body since this was my first ever foundation, and its supposed to be very similar to MUFE F&B.

Similarities:
- Water based and therefore super forgiving on dry skin types
- Sheer, buildable coverage
- Learning curve to application: fingers are absolutely the best tool. I work in sections and rub the product in small circles--this helps increase the coverage I've found. The texture goes from runny to strangely tacky. I wait a few minutes before adding a second layer.
- Super long lasting. These both wear for ever and ever on me.

Differences:
- MAC is a bit thicker (but still quite liquidy compared to traditional foundations)
- MAC has better coverage (still buildable-sheer, but it builds faster than MUFE)
- Different smells: MUFE smells like plastic roses, MAC straight up smells like plastic.
- MAC has a glossier, more wet finish than MUFE. I absolutely have to powder this to avoid looking like I just got out of the shower.
- I can sometimes see foundation on my skin when I use MAC F&B (whereas MUFE is undetectable no matter how many layers I use). I attribute this to the slightly better coverage of MAC.
- Color matching: MAC's numbering system is a lot more intuitive than MUFE, which makes absolutely zero sense. I think MUFE is trickier to find a match for this reason, but it also offers a greater variety of undertones: strongly pink, neutral, strongly yellow, golden/peach. MUFE doesn't offer a very fair yellow-toned option, so that's what brought me to MAC.
- MAC is cheaper.
- Packaging: MUFE you get a hefty glass bottle and a pump. MAC you get a utilitarian plastic squeeze bottle with nozzle tip. MAC is more travel and accident friendly. It's easier to see how much foundation you have left with MUFE.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Awesome, it is like a second skin! Love love love it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials