MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Meh. This doesn't cover anything. It has even less coverage than my Dr. Jart BB Cream. It's not a bad foundation, but it's probably the most sheer foundation I have ever come across. It would be good for chest application to blend away slight imperfections, I suppose. Also, the MAC consultant matched me to C1 because she said I had warm undertones. I thought it still looked too pink.

on 5/24/2015 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Tentatively calling this HG for liquid; I have used MUFE F&B in the past but finding a shade match was difficult. C2, however, is just about perfect for my NC25 skin tone. Finding a formulation not too heavy and not too light, there's another struggle. I also have combination to dry skin as well and where the dry portions are really dry I need moisture.
This is light yet build able coverage, doesn't settle into each and every fine line and tiny pore and offers a glowy finish. I wear it over the prep & prime skin fortifying enhancer which it works very nicely with, as I prefer a satin/ dewy look. I'm in my early 40's and my skin doesn't have the attributes it did 20 years ago in terms of elasticity and cell turnover; that being said if you're oily you might find Studio Fix ( powder) a better option, or Pro Longwear.
The squeeze bottle is handy and the plastic won't shatter, which makes it good for travel.
Had I known better I'd have gone for the 120 ml size, which is just $5 more for about 2x the product.
If you're a fan of MUFE and want a less $ option this might be a good alternative.

on 5/24/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

LOVE the dewy finish on this foundation. It is very liquidy, and prefer to apply by hand and then use a beauty blender to blend in. Sheer to medium coverage. Will need to use separate concealor to hide blemishes. Lasts all day, even without using a primer. Blends easily. Really looks "like skin" when it dries. You know its drying when it start to pull on the skin when using fingers to apply. I just dust my T-zone with powder to avoid looking oily by midday.

I always come back to my MAC FAB. I'm very fair with pink undertones and use N1.

on 5/21/2015 7:40:00 AM

This is not a foundation for combonation/oily skin.
At first it has a nice dewy finish, but after 10 minutes it turns into a greasy oily mess. That's not good.
Because of that i find it not longwearing at all and I don't find it transferproof as claimed.
I'm disappointed with the product itself.
Coverage is inexistent, but I expected this. It does a nice job when it comes to even the skintone.
I give 4 lippies because I found the way to use it (to the product itself I give 3) : first I don't wear moisturizer when I use this foundation, instead I spray my face with some fix + and let it dry. Then i will mix some face and body with half pump of pro longwear concealer, I mix them and apply with FINGERS. It works so amazingly like so. The concealer gives a boost to coverage and lasting power.
This is now my everyday combo!

I will always have a backup of Face & Body. It doesn't cover a whole lot but its not meant to. It gives such a beautiful, natural finish. My face but better. It feels effortless and comfortable on the face. I like to mix it with a bit of Strobe Cream. I love the practical packaging and the amount that you get (4 oz for $30), though it makes sense to get more since because it is very fluid you tend to use more. Good value.

on 5/20/2015 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really like this foundation. its very dewy. coverage is pretty light. but it looks sooo natural. i have it in c2 and im nc25-30. its a good match. i have the 120ml bottle and theres so much for the price.

This is now the only foundation I buy. The coverage is light, but it always looks natural. This is the only foundation that doesn't make it look like I'm obviously wearing foundation on my nose. I usually apply it with the MAC 187 brush, but fingers work fine as well. Use one coat for a light coverage, and two or three for a medium coverage.

on 5/13/2015 1:25:00 PM

This is a wonderful product. I purchased the largest one they had since the price is amazing! The consistency is very liquidy due to it being water based by 80% ( I think ) and I apply this with my fingers. I did not like using the Beauty Blender or a flat top brush because it soaked all of my product up.

I am NC25 and I purchased the shade C3. To be honest, it's kind of dark for me. I think C2 would have matched me better or mixing C2 & C3 would give me the perfect results.

Face and Body creates a very dewy finish, especially if you do not set it with a powder. I set all of my foundations so I did the same with this one. It's sheer to medium coverage for me and I enjoy the light weight feeling of it. I do not reach for this foundation as often because I feel it would benefit me more during the summer months.

on 5/12/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

It Is Not A Surprise ,But Ok !

on 5/11/2015 10:13:00 PM

This is my everyday foundation. I typically have normal to dry skin, but now that I am on a retin-a product my skin is very dry and a bit flaky.

I love the packaging as it is small, practical, not breakable, and you are able to dispense whatever is needed without the risk of a pump giving too much/little or *gasp* no pump at all. I know some people say this smells like glue, but I don't really notice too much of a scent (bear in mind I am not sensitive to scent). This dries down decently quickly on me. I apply it in sections (left cheek, right cheek, forehead, chin), and by the time I am done going around my face I am able to go back in for a second layer if needed.

I have applied this with fingers, beauty blender, and a brush. No matter how I apply it, I always go in and 'pat' my skin to further press it in. I'm not sure what it is about this motion, but I very much feel that it makes a difference. I do feel like hands are best, but brush and beauty blender work perfectly fine as well. I especially enjoy being able to use my sponge now since my skin is already red and angry enough from the retin-a product. Speaking of, let's talk about how this foundation is the only one that does not intensify my flaky skin. This does such a great job of disguising that issue! Additionally, it performs extremely well over sunscreen.

Face and Body lasts all day on me. As you have probably gathered, I do have dry skin, but the lasting power is still a commendable feature. The finish is not overly wet on me but gives a beautiful dewy look to my skin. It is not drying either, which is very important to me.

I particularly enjoy the shade range. I feel that this is the only foundation you can buy a shade or even 2 off and still be able to make it work. Also, for reference, I am N2 in F&B (4.5 in GA Luminous Silk..my HG).

If you are after a matte, medium to full coverage, flawless foundation, then you would do better looking elsewhere. However, for someone with relatively decent skin who needs a little help without totally breaking the bank, this is your answer!

Overall, I think this product is just excellent! There is a reason it is rated so highly and has so many reviews. However, I do think it is a foundation that needs to be played with or researched in order to get the most out of it.