Essie Lady Like

4.6

on 3/2/2012 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I didn't think I was going to like this polish at first coat. After I applied the second coat I liked it much better. Essie's formula goes on like a dream, I'm a fan of these polishes!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love it! Thanks to the reviewer who called this Demure Vixen minus the shimmer--you set me on the path to find this. I also have and love Rescue Grunge, Revlon Grey Suede, Essie Demure Vixen, Butter London Yummy Mummy, and OPI's Tickle My France-y. If you like those, you will love this!

on 2/3/2012 10:22:00 PM

Essie sure knows her pinks. Lady Like is a lovely dusty mauve creme, and the color falls somewhere between pink and taupe on me. I think it looks good with pale skin, but it would probably look better on darker skin. On anyone, it's definitely a work-appropriate, professional color.

Application is wonderful - the formula is thick without being goopy, and it was opaque in two coats. This polish also self-leveled very well. I think Essie's formula just keeps on improving, because this one was really wonderful to use.

The color is somewhat similar to Butter London Yummy Mummy (which is a shimmer where Lady Like is not), and it is definitely in the same family as Essie Demure Vixen, but I'm glad to have it in my collection.

on 1/30/2012 11:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this nail polish. It's a beautiful mauve that is unlike any other mauve color I've seen before. Knowing this is LE, I'm going to have to stock up.

on 1/3/2012 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Ilove this color. I got so much complements at work when i wore this. its a nice muted pinky mauve color. When I found out that it was a limited edition nail color i went out and bought a back up.

on 12/16/2011 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is such a beautiful color, but unfortunately for me the muted purple undertones make my hands look pale and washed out. I think that for my complexion this shade will be more flattering on summer days when I have a tan. I definitely recommend this shade if you have more of a tan or darker complexion as it would make your skin more flattering and the nail polish stand out beautifully!!!! :)

on 12/12/2011 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love it! One of my favourite nailpolishes to wear when I don't want anything too flashy, but also don't want to just do a boring french tip. Very natural, pretty, and girly. I have very fair skin, and this colour looks lovely against it. I usually do three coats just in case, but you can get away with two. It chips after a couple days if you don't use a good base/top coat, but that is to be expected. Great alternative to the safe soft pink that most people turn to when looking for a more subtle nail colour.

on 11/18/2011 7:18:00 PM

This is the first time that I have used an Essie nail polish. I loved it! Application was very smooth and it dried very well. The colour reminded me of OPI's Barefoot in Barcelona which I also love. But Essie is giving it a run for its money.

on 11/10/2011 12:36:00 PM

A light, dusty, milky mauve. It almost looks nude on my fingertips. Despite the streak free 2 coats it took to reach opacity, the polish was a bit of a challenge, because I couldn't tell if the polish was showing up on my nail. This color would be perfect for Fall thru Spring seasons. And I would not hesitate to wear this to an interview or in a conservative enviroment. To make this polish edgier you could pep it up by layering shatter polish or with a bright and colorful french tip. While I do like the end result of this polish I wouldn't buy it again. I'd prefer to use a color that has a little more contrast with my skin.

on 11/6/2011 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this color! I've just started getting into nail polish so I don't know too much about it, but this color is a winner. Two coats and I was set. It's a light dusty mauve. It's a nice and noticeable pastel, but it isn't harsh. If you have light skin, it'll look great and sophisticated. If you can still find this color, I would recommend you try it.

Top Rated Essie Products