August 29, 2014 | 1011 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Matt Touch - Touche Mate - Oil-Free Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by llbeanpole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The sun is on full UV blast, the dank humidity hangs around and sticks like a second skin, mingling with sweat and sebum, the bugs buzz, bite and feast - ah, the joys of summer! Time to break out my antidote to the great summer mayhem, shiny pore-riddled oozing T-Zone and gooey smeary makeup. It is ridiculous how effortless it is with this Primer to maintain some poise and composure while trapped in the midst of irritated, sweaty, not-very-fresh metro commuters during peak hours. This fruity-green scented velvety siliconey goo in a tube kept my face fresh as a peach with no sign of my makeup beating a retreat or forming random patterns that can be best described as "beige ombre". It performs its miraculous feat on the eyes too, putting UDPP to shame. And with its soft translucent tube, every last drop can be seen and squeezed out, no need to wield the chainsaw to dissect curvy hard plastic bottle parts to get at hidden pockets of products!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by reverie1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Initially upon application, i did not notice the immediate shrinking of my pores and was a bit disappointed. However, when i applied my liquid foundation over it, it seemed flawless and not too matte, with a hint of soft glow. I did notice that my oily face was kept relatively matte 12 hours out shopping with my bf!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by foreverlipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am super oily! I was a total fan of givinchi mister matte primer(still am) it smells of slight rose! (love that too) but I also have tried the ysl matte touch primer and it, I think even works a tad better! So ladies with oily skin in need of an awesome primer both work super well! So yes at this very moment I bought the full size of the matte touch and am glad I did!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What this is: a pre-makeup base that smooths and mattifies. YSL claims that this will make foundation smooth on easier and will cut down on daytime shine. Matt Touch also claims that the ingredient Ampli Light+ will amplify and diffuse ambient light to give a glowing look and help small imperfections disappear. In the tube, Matt Touch is a translucent white gel-cream. As it spreads on, it becomes invisible with no white trace. This has the usual YSL makeup fragrance - sort of cucumbery floral.
I only use this as a liquid powder for mid-day shine touch-ups and it is AMAZING. I mean, it's perfection in a tube! My skin is generally combination with some shine and larger pores in the t-zone and drier skin/some fine lines elsewhere. By lunchtime my makeup is getting a bit shiny and I need more than blotting sheets to keep me going the rest of the day. My problem is that even the sheerest powders seem to make my makeup look heavier and my cheeks drier by accentuating my fine lines. This is *totally* different. It just erases the shine and minimizes my pores without looking like I added a speck of makeup. I can also totally control where I apply it.
Here's how I use it: I blot my skin of any excess oil. I then blend a grain of rice sized amount between my fingertips so the primer thins out evenly. Then I gently pat my fingertips on all my shiny areas. The key here is to pat, not swipe, a very thin amount over makeup, otherwise your makeup can be disturbed. For my skin type, this gives me a matte finish, which lasts a few hours and develops into a satiny glow by late afternoon.
I think this is expensive at $42/1oz but a tube should last me a very long time the way I use it.
EDIT 11/28/2009: Hm, I found another good use for this primer! I use this as a mixing medium for powder mineral foundation. I start with a damp foundation brush and a small amount of this primer blended into the bristles, then I work the brush into a small amount of mineral makeup (in a small ramekin or bowl). This makes a gel-cream foundation that can be easily brushed on without a powdery finish. :) continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Today I was in such a rush that I forgot to put on my Matt Touch.

My makeup looked good.. but it usually looks great. I realized that I had skipped my final step in prepping my skin -- after my moisturizer, eye creams, and sunblock I put a drop of this on and blend into my face. Since today I was really rushed I just put on my powder foundation and ran. I looked at my face around noon.. and argh I was so mad at myself.

My skin usually looks quite radiant and even pored and today I had a slight shine. It isn't the powder foundation which I wear almost every day - it was the lack of my primer.

This is not a cheap product, but a little goes a long long way. It makes any skin look sleek and radiant -- I have applied it to others.
It is packed in a translucent tube which is lightweight and easy to travel with.

I love this product and will not be without it... I have my backup in place and will re-purchase as soon as I run low on my present tube as this is well worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sorry to bring the rating down but here it goes. I got about 4 hours of shine/oil control and then total breakthrough on my chin and nose. Love how it dries down to a powder really quickly and squeezy package but I expected more. ,. However, this also does a nice job of camoflaging(?) pores but I still need my Clinique--just less of it. A lippie for pore reduction and some oil control, but that's it. Side note--also bought Fyrinnae velvet, UD pore(blech) and Cargo Blu-Ray Matte and Cargo was my big winner. I did side by sides of all of them for multiple days and the Cargo won by a landslide or by not creating an oil-slick! I say order a few from Sephora like I did, try them and send back the loser..... you can keep you BI gift!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 7:17:00 AM More reviews by alexistaylor111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've been on the hunt for a good primer that doesn't leave my face oily by the end of the day and it is soooo hard to come by UNTIL i found this!!! after reading reviews on MUA it appeared to be the best rated primer for oil control and my word its so true. I have oily skin that leaves me with a shiny face by the end of the day. this product is quite powdery, it goes on easily, make up goes on fine over the top, keeps make up in place all day and best of all gives me a matt finish all day!!!! no oil slick!!! its fantastic my search for the perfect primer is finally over!!! a must have!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by mochiss

I'm so glad I came across this product while waiting to board my flight at Singapore Airport. I never actually purchased anymore primers as I was disappointed so many times because of bad primers that did nothing to enhance my skin. This one on the other hand makes my pores appear smaller and evens out my skin tone. I even skip my foundation. I just top it off with loose powder and I'm good to go. Also, the good thing about this primer is it is really oil free, it does what it says in controlling oil. I'll never purchase any other primer brands. This is highly recommended despite the quite steep price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by groovinchic

All I can say is Oh. My. Gosh.

This is by far the best primer I've ever used. It keeps my oily skin matte most of the day - just a quick dab of powder once keeps me going all day.

I have HUGE pores on my nose, and all other mattifying primers tend to accentuate these pores - by the end of the day they look like craters!

But this this awesome product, the foundation stays in place over my nose just the way it's supposed to.

My only problem is that this is a bit more expensive than I prefer, so I just use this on my nose and a dab on my other oily spots (maybe that's a good thing). Otherwise, it's perfection!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 4:46:00 AM More reviews by MOWCAM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best mattifier i found so far. I switched from a full powder-face with foundation and regular fixes of studio fix througout the day, to barefaced au natural - which is a hard switch to get used to!
I need something to make me look not so...raw... and this does the trick. It doesnt seem to break me out, will update if it does. So far, so goo - still week 1 though.
Have tried a few others (clinique, shiseido, modelCo) but they have all left a sort of streaky residue, which i seem to be avoiding with this one.
best so far.