August 27, 2014 | 1781 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Soap & Glory - The Righteous Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really creamy and thick. Smells very perfume-y, a sweet. I enjoy the smell of it but it can be off putting for other people. It absorbs well into the skin of my legs, which are kind of dry, and feet, doesn't absorb as quickly in the arms and chest but still doesn't feel as greasy as other lotions I own. Really like it especially with their scrubs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

First of all this is available in Canada. At Shoppers Drug Mart for $18. I've noticed people say it isn't.
This cream is ok kinda greasy and not very absorbing. I guess it's best for dry skin which I don't have.
Packaging is cute and the smell is ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

This body butter is heavenly thick, and will heal whatever dry skin you have (except for feet, those are more problematic). It dries quickly, so the moisture feels like its actually in your skin, rather than sitting on top of it with that greasy film.
Note: If you pair this up with exfoliation from a Salux cloth, you are set to have wonderfully moisturized skin.

I originally received this in a sample from my Sephora order online, and from the get go I was totally in love. I went to order the full size online and guess what, NOT SOLD IN CANADA. So on my next trip to the States I grabbed all the Soap & Glory I possibly could.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by AdelaideScars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product, it works well on dry skin and I love the scent even though it's a bit strong, I use it at night mostly so that the smell doesn't mix with any body spray or lotion that I might wear. I would recommend this product even though it's fairly expensive but because it's so thick you don't need a lot so it last quite a while.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This body butter smells awful and is so thick and greasy. I do not recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by CrimsonSmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not a fan of this. The product its self performs well- comparable to palmers cocobutter for example. The scent is sickly sweet to start with and then dries down to plain old 'eau de cologne' scent. I don't mind eau de cologne ( a bit masculine maybe) but the sickly sweet note is really off-putting to me. The packaging is retro kitcsh, if thats your thing. I think it looks cheap, I prefer more elegant packaging- but thats just a question of personal taste.

It works. Buy this if you like the scent and the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Jazzodiamond

I cannot get enough of this! It's very rich and smells soooo devine! I use it every couple of days before bed, it's really nice if you are out in the sun too as it soothes sun kissed skin. Go and give this a smell for yourself :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by juculin

THE SMELL! It's unique and absolutely divine. Other than that this is a really great body butter, comparable to the thicker Body Shop body butters such as the mango one. It leaves your legs (or wherever you choose to use it) super smooth and is my remedy against flaky skin. I also use this during the summer on days when I've gotten a little too much sun. Just slather this on at night and the next day any red areas will have developed into a tan instead of burning. The only warning I would have is that the scent is quite strong so if you put it on your upper body (arms, neck etc...) then expect it to compete with any perfume you wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mum bought me a trio of body butters from Soap and Glory because I'd done well in an exam or something :P I was thrilled because I love the vintage style of the brand and already have a collection on my shelf. The body butters didn't disappoint either! Beautiful smell, texture and blends into skin really easily.

I applied this product straight after my shower at night and it would leave my skin really soft and silky the next day, as well as leaving a lovely fruity smell in my room :)

I can't remember how much my mum paid but I have a feeling it's not a cheap body butter. Definitely worth the money though if you're looking for something good quality with a bit of class :) I would repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I got this as part of a miniature set for my birthday last September but have resisted using it 'til now for fear that it wouldn't live up to expectations, as so far I've yet to find an S&G product I can honestly say I like.

The instructions on the back of the pot stated you should take a generous handful and massage into damp skin after bathing or showering, but given that the pot was only about 50ml in size and therefore would probably constiture a single handful in itself, I decided to try using it as a hand cream instead. Which is probably where I went wrong.

This did nothing for my hands at all, other than make them feel like a greasy mess. I felt like this left a film too, even when I'd really gone to town and rubbed it in for as long as is humanly possible when you're a busy person and have other things to do. I really did give this a good try too, using it 2-3 times a day, every day, for about two weeks. In the end though I had to admit defeat and give up.

Aside from the non-moisturising effect this had on my hands, the scent of this is also off-putting. It's the recurring signature scent from S&G and I REALLY don't like it. For want of a better word, it smells musty. And I don't want any part of my body smelling like that!

I'm disappointed to discover yet another S&G product that hasn't worked for me, especially given the rave reviews this and many of their other products seem to get throughout the beauty world. But I guess you can't please everyone...