April 19, 2014 | 1786 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Soap and Glory - The Righteous Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by juculin

THE SMELL! It's unique and absolutely divine. Other than that this is a really great body butter, comparable to the thicker Body Shop body butters such as the mango one. It leaves your legs (or wherever you choose to use it) super smooth and is my remedy against flaky skin. I also use this during the summer on days when I've gotten a little too much sun. Just slather this on at night and the next day any red areas will have developed into a tan instead of burning. The only warning I would have is that the scent is quite strong so if you put it on your upper body (arms, neck etc...) then expect it to compete with any perfume you wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mum bought me a trio of body butters from Soap and Glory because I'd done well in an exam or something :P I was thrilled because I love the vintage style of the brand and already have a collection on my shelf. The body butters didn't disappoint either! Beautiful smell, texture and blends into skin really easily.

I applied this product straight after my shower at night and it would leave my skin really soft and silky the next day, as well as leaving a lovely fruity smell in my room :)

I can't remember how much my mum paid but I have a feeling it's not a cheap body butter. Definitely worth the money though if you're looking for something good quality with a bit of class :) I would repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I got this as part of a miniature set for my birthday last September but have resisted using it 'til now for fear that it wouldn't live up to expectations, as so far I've yet to find an S&G product I can honestly say I like.

The instructions on the back of the pot stated you should take a generous handful and massage into damp skin after bathing or showering, but given that the pot was only about 50ml in size and therefore would probably constiture a single handful in itself, I decided to try using it as a hand cream instead. Which is probably where I went wrong.

This did nothing for my hands at all, other than make them feel like a greasy mess. I felt like this left a film too, even when I'd really gone to town and rubbed it in for as long as is humanly possible when you're a busy person and have other things to do. I really did give this a good try too, using it 2-3 times a day, every day, for about two weeks. In the end though I had to admit defeat and give up.

Aside from the non-moisturising effect this had on my hands, the scent of this is also off-putting. It's the recurring signature scent from S&G and I REALLY don't like it. For want of a better word, it smells musty. And I don't want any part of my body smelling like that!

I'm disappointed to discover yet another S&G product that hasn't worked for me, especially given the rave reviews this and many of their other products seem to get throughout the beauty world. But I guess you can't please everyone...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by jusch_box

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a couple of samples from Sephora and was excited about it because of the great reputation this product has. Unfortunately, any strong scent is going to be pretty polarizing and this one did NOT sit well with me. I find the scent very masculine and heavy. It reminds me of aftershave. Strangely, it also reminds me of the Dove body lotion that I bought in Spain (I'm from the US - makes me think American lines tend towards lighter/sweeter smells).

The formula is definitely wonderful, I would just recommend that anyone tempted to invest in this get a sample first or at least sniff in-store.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

Nice thick butter with a kindof addictive smell. Good for dry winter skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you use too much of this it can make you smell like an old woman, but in moderation it smells great - like a blend of make up and cosmetics. It is very feminine with a woodsy sort of scent. If this was an article of clothing it would be wool material - dense and classic. I keep the small 50ml tub at my desk at work. Whenever I put it on my hands everyone in the office seems to quiet down a bit. Maybe it's just a coincidence because I like to use this in the afternoon time before I leave work - but I still think this has a calming effect.

I didn't give this 5 stars because it doesn't do much for moisturizing. It feels nice when I rub it on my hands, and it smells unique but if you're looking for moisture good old drug store olay will get the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Halefire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite body butter product. I used to use the Body Shop Shea Butter, but the scent was too strong and I found it a little too greasy. The Righteous Butter has a pleasant but not overpowering scent and absorbs really well. It makes my dry legs look and feel amazing.

I first got this product in a set as a Christmas gift, and I've replaced it immediately every time it has run out. It's the best body butter I've found.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The big selling point of the whole Soap and Glory line is its fragrance. To go with the vintage feel of the brand, this lotion smells very sweet and feminine. The scent definitely has a lot of staying power, and I can still smell it on my skin at the end of the day. If you like the scent, that's a definite plus. Otherwise, you'll get a terrible headache.

The lotion is comparable to others at a similar price point. It's moisturizing and soothing, but a little bit greasy. Here's the bottom line: you're buying it for the smell. Make sure that you like it first.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by cherzleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You can get this body butter in Sephora in Malaysia. I honestly prefer the Sephora house brand body butter to this product. I find soap and glory body butter too perfumey. The type that gives you a massive headache. Secondly although it absorbs quickly, it is not as moisturizing as Sephora's body butter. I wear my body butter at night before bed and with Soap and Glory, in the morning I do feel that I need to moisturize again after I shower. I don't need to do that with sephora. Forget this product and get Sephora's body butter. You have an assortments of fragrance to choose from.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by anniebyrne94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG body butter! I LOVE everything about it! The smell is divine and lasts so long on your skin. It leaves my skin silky, soft and feeling really supple and moisturised. It does take a few minutes to absorb into the skin but I don't mind that when I get such amazing results. :-)