October 1, 2014 | 1204 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Olive Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm hooked on body butters! Some time ago, I bought the peach body butter, but the smell was too overwhelming and I felt like it didn't do enough to moisturize. However, years later I gave it another try and bought the brazil nut which I finished in a mere 3 months because I just loved it. So back I went to TBS today and got the Olive one and I love it just as much if not more! It smells so fresh and light, like summer crisp greens, yet remains distinctively feminine. It melts on contact with skin and moisturizes completely yet leaves that sheen on the skin I love for my legs for summer. $20CAD does seem a little steep for body lotion but I just love smothering this on my body and it definitely makes moisturizing a beauty ritual and not a chore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by lemonjump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love the smell!! Even though my skin is very dry, the thick cream is really hard to be absorbed. It works for my hands and itís really easy to carry (I mean the small one), so it became my hand cream!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2009 4:19:00 AM More reviews by DidgeridooYourNails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells so good and fresh. I have really dry skin on my body and this doesn't really moisturize them very well. But the smell is to die for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 4:54:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far my favourite of the Body Shop body butters so far. It has a subtle and interesting smell that doesn't smell like a teenager and the thick cream sinks in well without being sticky and greasy. I'm not a big fan of the plastic packaging though I guess it's practical. I would repurchase but I want to try the Moringa version first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first ever Body Butter that was introduced exactly 10 years ago and it is responsible of the whole body butter craze in the cosmetic industry. I have been using this on and off for 10 years and although I am not a fan of the smell, I love the light texture. It moisturizes very well, without any heaviness or stickiness and heals any irritation from shaving, etc.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got it as a gift. I hate the scent lolz but that's just my personal taste. It does its job. That's about it. Nothing too super special about this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by minkin

This is my must-use body moisturizer in the winter! I've been using this stuff for the past three years when the weather turns cold and it has kept my skin smooth and void of any rough patches. I've used the mango body butter before but I found that to be a little too greasy, and while it smelled good, the scent lingered for quite some time. The olive one is light enough not to interfere with my perfume, but still smells good enough alone. It's $20, but one lasts for quite some time. I just started my second tub this season. :)

Took off one lippie for the packaging and the fact that it takes a little longer than other lotions to get absorbed into your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by sassycherz

This is one of my 2 favourites in the TBS Body Butter range, the other being the passionfruit scented one.

I have very dry skin, the looks flaky and slightly scaly if I do not moisturise. I love this thick body butter esp. during cold winter days! (IMO, this is the most moisturising out of the 3 I've tried- the other 2 being Passionfruit and Strawberry). As the other reviewers have mentioned, this body butter takes awhile to absorb into the skin, about 15-20 minutes but I'm fine with that as I normally just slather this on after shower and before bed. This routine leaves me with silky smooth skin the next morning that lasts all day. I find that if I used too much of this product, it does tend to feel sticky and sorta sit on my skin. I believe the key is to use less, as the consistency of the product is thick and a little bit goes a long way.

And scent wise, you'll either love or hate it (I love it!). I find myself reaching for this over the passionfruit scented one esp when I'll be using other scented products like perfume because the clean, fresh olive scent does not clash with the other scents.

My only major gripe about this product is the fact that I tend to get product under my fingernails when I dip my fingers in to get the body butter out. but I suppose, I can't see any other packaging working because of the thick consistency of the body butter.

Note: One full-sized tub lasts my 3+ months will daily usage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This body butter is very moisturizing, but it takes a long time to absorb. (Not going anywhere....?) The smell isn't the best, but what did I expect? It is olive. Also, I do not like dipping my fingers in it because it gets trapped under my fingernails. Since this was a gift I liked it, but I would not purchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2008 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Legs11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells like plants and you will either love it or hate. I'm okay with it. It feels very refreshing but takes a while to sink in.