September 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by mstrawder66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love how the product matched my skin well it was the first department store that matched me pretty good. it blended well and moisturized my dry skin good. the thing i hated about this product is that it was very glittery, you'll look like edward cullen in the sunlight lol the coverage was sheer so you'll definitely need a concealer to go with this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by rbyars1

The formula of the actual product is not too bad.It blends pretty nicely, has a nice light airy feel too it and there are lots of color choices.The downside for me is the obvious glitter/sparkle in it (the other reviewers who mentioned this are in fact correct). I am all for a natural glow, but chunky glitter is not a "glow"...it's just chunky glitter. Trust me ladies, swatch this on your wrist and then walk out into the sunlight, you will see it and if that doesn't bother you then I say the makeup is a pretty good choice. If you do NOT like sparkle however steer clear of this one :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

I like this. It feels quite thick when squeezed out of the tube but it goes on really sheer and light. Great for someone like myself who doesn't want to look too 'made-up' but nevertheless wants to look polished. The best light foundation I've got for my increasingly dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is GREAT for dry skin, especially in the winter. I think glowy foundation is gorgeous when it's cold outside. It's perfect for people who want something a little heavier than a tinted moisturizer, but with the nice moisturized look of a tinted moisturizer. It's not my holy grail foundation, but I do wear it sometimes, mostly in the colder months. I know they discontinued dewy smooth, but if you like this foundation, but want a heavier coverage, try mac's studio sculpt. They have nc and nw shades for everyone in this foundation! And Mac ss looks like this but with a medium/full coverage, and NO GLITTER/SHIMMER. This Clinique sm has shimmer, which is pretty, I like it. But ss by mac doesn't have the shimmer/glitter. But it is a dewy looking foundation. That's why I compare it to Clinique's.

This makes skin feel super soft when it's washed off, and keeps dry skin moisturized in the winter. It's a gel so it's hard to blend, but with practice, it can be done. I can't wear this anymore though, because they discontinued my color. I don't know if dark complected people just didn't buy at Clinique, or if they decided to only sell to fair and medium women, except for a few things that come in darker shades. I am tan, and as soon as I purchased golden last summer, they discontinued it. I used it this winter. They brought amber back, which is too dark for me, but I bought it to mix with a lighter color. Sand was too ashy on me, and the shade after sand they brought back for like a week, so I bought it to mix with amber. I don't like the fuss of mixing colors with foundations, so I won't repurchase. I just said yes, because I will if they bring back the tan shades - for more than a week or a two.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mairynB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have dry combination skin so I thought I'd try this out for winter. Sadly I didn't realise until after getting my sample (yes, bought the sample online..) that it gives a DEWY finish and SHEER coverage. I want to emphasise this detail - I like a matte finish and moderate coverage, so I didn't particularly like this foundation. Also, it has shimmer in it, which I wasn't a fan of. I found it difficult to spread.
It didn't dry my skin out, at least. My mum also tried a sample of it, and her skin is drier than mine, and she found that it emphasised dry patches - dry patches she didn't realise she had until after applying Supermoisture.
So, in conclusion - avoid if you need decent coverage, if you have oily or combination skin and if you're not a fan of being noticeably shimmery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

let me just start by saying that I have used almost every high end foundation on the market and this one IT IS NOT a foundation IT IS a tinted moisturizer. I dont care if Clinique wants to sell this product as a foundation ....its not its a tinted moisturizer. Im saying this because this foundation offers extremely low coverage and when I say low i mean LOW. no matter how much i use i end up with just sheer to light coverage. This "foundation" comes in a tube and retails $24 on the clinique web site. On the field of application this one is a winer applies easily and effortless The staying power is ok I have reasonably dry skin and this one lasts a good 6 hours on me . Im guessing on someone with oilier skin this will slip right off . Gives a satin finish and doesn't really set on the skin but gives that wet/glossy finish witch personally i LIKE a lot. I understand though that this glossy feeling is not for everyone so keep in mind that. As a said my skin is reasonably dry so I never use powder to set my foundation and the same applies on this one Ive never set it with powder and plus with this foundation and because of its glossy finish you are not really able to use powder on top cuz it will look super cakey . Once again I personally enjoy the satin glowy finish if you are not then this foundation is definitely not for you I dont use it on a regular bases cuz unfortunately i need higher coverage and this is the reason i took one lippie off , i would like it to offer higher coverage . People with very dry or just dry skin types may like this one others with oily skin dont even bother .

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by liamtreats

Great texture for dry skin, but too glittery. Looks ok in the dark days of winter but would not recommend in the bright daylight of summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by ConfessionsOfAMakeupHolic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i dont know where to start. i have normal skin and i was excpecting this to be good in winter, when my skin gets a bit dry around my nose etc. big mistake. this foundation is so freaking thick and creamy! maybe a bit comparable to MACs Studio Sculpt? dont know, but i think the texture is way too much even for me, so if you have oilier skin, theres no chances you will like this. i applyed this to my face and it looked okay. nice dewy finish and medium coverage. but then i noticed the shimmer. i looked the tube and i did see the shimmer in there. plus my face looked like disco ball, so i cant imagine how it looks in the sun... so i was very disappointed. it didnt look healthy like it promised, it looked very shimmery and masky like. not sure how it would work for dry skin, check it out if you dont mind your foundation having shimmers. also the tube was very messy. i got a lot of product out with a tiny squeese. not impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by missalfie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is Ok but does have a sparkly finish. I will not repurchase because it is going to be discontinued. If you like it, stock up now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Louise

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin which lacks radiance. I like to use Chanel Vitalumiere because it gives a dewy finish to my skin. However the price point is a little high. Just to switch off, I tried the Supermoisture formual by Clinique and loved the glow that my skin had. Plus the cost is much more reasonable. Each time I wear it, people will tell me how healthy my skin looks. My skin is also sensitive, too; so I am glad for all of the research that Clinique puts into its products. If you have active skin, I would not recommend this product for you because you may prefer a matte finish which this definitely does not give. But for myself, I am glad that I got my "glow" back.