Ice Cubes

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

water, coldness

I use this to calm swelling or redness after removing facial hair , whether by threading or waxing , absloutely safe and very suitable for sensitive skin ..I used it on a friend who has very delicate sensitive skin who always complain of breakout , swelling and bumps after facial hair removal and her skin calmed down immediately ..Don't use products anymore on your face before or after threading or waxing facial hair just wash your face with mild soap or a good foamy cleanser before and after hair removal and an ice cube held with a piece of cotton , pass it in circular motion on the whole face and swelling for some time and that's it :)

on 11/17/2012 11:50:00 PM

This review is for the basic ice cube. I use a ice cube wrapped in wet paper towel or face cloth against a pimple for a couple of mins. This will shrink the pimple big time but the pimple can't have a head on it yet. Just red and under the skin. Works EVERY time for me. If you don't do this at the beginning of the pimple, it could be too late. Update: I did use a ice cube on a red pimple and it still helped!! The pimple stopped gettng bigger and healed quicker :)

on 10/19/2012 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't believe I never discovered this sooner! It works really well for whitehead zits. I take an ice cube wrapped in a paper towel and held it to my titanic pimple for 3 minutes, and didn't see a difference immediately until I removed it and waited a few moments. It shrunk down SO MUCH!! the pasty 3D whiteness of the pimple is completely gone and all that's left is a small colourless bump. Before it shrinks, it may start to itch a bit. And this is much much much more effective if the whitehead is still small! Large, developed ones will most likely take a few icings to shrink down.

on 10/4/2012 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not only can this be good for helping a swollen pimple, but I enjoy using this just to run over my freshly washed face. I run it over my whole face and even over my undereye area. After doing so, just pat your face somewhat dry and then put on moisturizer. Your face will feel so refreshed and more "alive" because the coolness will cause a fresh feeling and also increase blood flow. It could also be said that this technique could be "anti-aging" because of the increased blood flow. Try it! I promise you'll like it!

on 9/25/2012 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I rub an ice cube on my entire face after washing my face twice a day. It really helped with the acne provided that I go to bed before 12mn.

I also rub ice cubes on my eyes when I feel that they are puffy or tired. I always feel so refreshed after that!

on 7/16/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Absolutely brilliant. We use this to stop the swelling of bruises and bumps, so why not on emerging pimples? If you get one of those big 'ol nasty painful mothers starting to make its way to the surface of your poor face, STOP IT COLD. Whenever I feel one coming on, big or small, I press a tissue-wrapped ice cube onto the spot for 45 seconds. Depending on the size, it may shrink up immediately, but bigger ones might take a couple more applications (never more than one a night). I have ice cube trays that make star-shaped cubes so they have edges that make it much easier to pinpoint a pimple. ^^ Ice cubes are an effective, natural, and free way to keep breakouts from getting as bad as they could be. I can't believe I didn't try this sooner!
**EDIT: Unbelievable. I'm so dumb for not finding out about this sooner. Every big welling pimple I've used ice cubes on, and even little ones, almost completely go down wihin a few night's application. I've been committed to this method for about a month now and I'm reaping the benefits like crazy. Seriously, try this out.

on 9/6/2010 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

My daughter swears by this method for stopping zits cold. The cold reduces swelling by constricting blood vessels and it follows that cysts could be negatively effected more than pimples. I still get breakouts at my age and we tried this over one weekend and had fun doing it. Overall, its the laughter that was more beneficial than the actual ice cubes because I was not stressing over the pimple.:) Stress exacerbates it as we all know. Works for cysts but not so effective for pimples.

on 9/5/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good to stop a zit from forming, good in water, and to throw at cars {joking] ;]

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is for people who don't want a pimple to come to a head. In my experience, it doesn't get rid of a pimple, it just gets rid of the swelling so it looks so. The pimple is still there, under the surface. I like to make lemon water ice cubes.

on 2/28/2010 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I tend to mess with my pimples so much that I end up having dark acne scars after. I usually break out once in a while, but i cant hold back and start picking. Even when I dont see a whitehead. I started taking care of my skin and stopped picking!

I was doing my makeup before work and as I was blending out my concealer on my cheeks (cover redness), i noticed that there was a bump forming. It started to hurt once i touched it. there was no head forming. Painful, red bump. It was swelling up really bad and i didnt know what to do.

I remembered reading on the boards about ice cubes. So, I went to my fridge took out an ice cube and grabbed a washcloth. I wrapped the ice cube with the washcloth and applied it directly on my pimple. I would leave it for about 45 seconds, around 6-7 times. I noticed that the swelling had gone down and it didnt hurt anymore. The pimple was still there but it was less visible. It didnt form a head and was gone in about one day. I used the ice cube method about 2-3 times a day and added polysporin.

Popular Treatments (Face)