September 22, 2014 | 1839 users online

Skincare - Face - Ice Cubes

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the easiest, cheapest way to stop a pimple from forming. It works best if you apply ice to the area as soon as you feel the tingle. What I do is put an ice cube inside a plastic sandwich bag and twist the end (so it doesn't drip everywhere), then hold it to my freshly-cleansed face for 30 seconds to a minute - if you do it for too long you risk getting frostbite. I've given this 5 lippies because although it is certainly not a 'cure' for spots, it really does make a huge difference and is completely free. Last week I felt a really painful throbbing and knew I was about to get a massive spot, but as a result of the ice method it ended up being a small pimple, far less painful and only lasted a day or so. I think everyone with acne-prone skin should try this - you have nothing to lose!

UPDATE: I've discovered that you really do have to be consistent when using this method. I apply the ice morning and night until the spot has disappeared or stopped hurting completely. The one time I didn't do this (stopped applying ice because I thought it was *almost* gone), the spot emerged the following day.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Haha, I wondered if anyone had ever reviewed ice, as in applying ice to the face. You know that nice look and feel your skin has when you come in out of the cold? Sometimes I "ice my face" after cleansing and before applying products. I have to keep the ice moving on the skin, or else it's too much cold, and would harm the skin. I don't want frostbite! It seems to make my face look and feel awesome when I apply my products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Natashaa111

I put ice from the frige on a coming pimple and the next day bam it gone! Awesome!