Ice Cubes

water, coldness

on 7/16/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Absolutely brilliant. We use this to stop the swelling of bruises and bumps, so why not on emerging pimples? If you get one of those big 'ol nasty painful mothers starting to make its way to the surface of your poor face, STOP IT COLD. Whenever I feel one coming on, big or small, I press a tissue-wrapped ice cube onto the spot for 45 seconds. Depending on the size, it may shrink up immediately, but bigger ones might take a couple more applications (never more than one a night). I have ice cube trays that make star-shaped cubes so they have edges that make it much easier to pinpoint a pimple. ^^ Ice cubes are an effective, natural, and free way to keep breakouts from getting as bad as they could be. I can't believe I didn't try this sooner!
**EDIT: Unbelievable. I'm so dumb for not finding out about this sooner. Every big welling pimple I've used ice cubes on, and even little ones, almost completely go down wihin a few night's application. I've been committed to this method for about a month now and I'm reaping the benefits like crazy. Seriously, try this out.

on 9/6/2010 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

My daughter swears by this method for stopping zits cold. The cold reduces swelling by constricting blood vessels and it follows that cysts could be negatively effected more than pimples. I still get breakouts at my age and we tried this over one weekend and had fun doing it. Overall, its the laughter that was more beneficial than the actual ice cubes because I was not stressing over the pimple.:) Stress exacerbates it as we all know. Works for cysts but not so effective for pimples.

on 9/5/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good to stop a zit from forming, good in water, and to throw at cars {joking] ;]

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is for people who don't want a pimple to come to a head. In my experience, it doesn't get rid of a pimple, it just gets rid of the swelling so it looks so. The pimple is still there, under the surface. I like to make lemon water ice cubes.

on 2/28/2010 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I tend to mess with my pimples so much that I end up having dark acne scars after. I usually break out once in a while, but i cant hold back and start picking. Even when I dont see a whitehead. I started taking care of my skin and stopped picking!

I was doing my makeup before work and as I was blending out my concealer on my cheeks (cover redness), i noticed that there was a bump forming. It started to hurt once i touched it. there was no head forming. Painful, red bump. It was swelling up really bad and i didnt know what to do.

I remembered reading on the boards about ice cubes. So, I went to my fridge took out an ice cube and grabbed a washcloth. I wrapped the ice cube with the washcloth and applied it directly on my pimple. I would leave it for about 45 seconds, around 6-7 times. I noticed that the swelling had gone down and it didnt hurt anymore. The pimple was still there but it was less visible. It didnt form a head and was gone in about one day. I used the ice cube method about 2-3 times a day and added polysporin.

on 9/17/2008 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Ice cubes are the only thing I know of that will actually help with a zit that is already forming. I use them as part of Face Reality's excellent regimen. Of course, I can't leave well enough alone. I put a little apple cider vinegar in the water before freezing it, and apply it with a cheap microfiber cloth morning and night. Haven't broken out in months. Very happy!

on 3/31/2008 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is the easiest, cheapest way to stop a pimple from forming. It works best if you apply ice to the area as soon as you feel the tingle. What I do is put an ice cube inside a plastic sandwich bag and twist the end (so it doesn't drip everywhere), then hold it to my freshly-cleansed face for 30 seconds to a minute - if you do it for too long you risk getting frostbite. I've given this 5 lippies because although it is certainly not a 'cure' for spots, it really does make a huge difference and is completely free. Last week I felt a really painful throbbing and knew I was about to get a massive spot, but as a result of the ice method it ended up being a small pimple, far less painful and only lasted a day or so. I think everyone with acne-prone skin should try this - you have nothing to lose!

UPDATE: I've discovered that you really do have to be consistent when using this method. I apply the ice morning and night until the spot has disappeared or stopped hurting completely. The one time I didn't do this (stopped applying ice because I thought it was *almost* gone), the spot emerged the following day.

on 1/24/2008 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Haha, I wondered if anyone had ever reviewed ice, as in applying ice to the face. You know that nice look and feel your skin has when you come in out of the cold? Sometimes I "ice my face" after cleansing and before applying products. I have to keep the ice moving on the skin, or else it's too much cold, and would harm the skin. I don't want frostbite! It seems to make my face look and feel awesome when I apply my products.

on 9/9/2007 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I put ice from the frige on a coming pimple and the next day bam it gone! Awesome!

Popular Treatments (Face)