August 22, 2014 | 1976 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was awaiting eagerly for the waterproof version of this mascara to become available in Canada. Finally, the wait is over! But how disappointing and here's why. The formula is good as it does not smudge, flake or clump. It also separates and holds the curl in my very straight Asian lashes. There are however a few problems that I find annoying. Firstly, the brush is EXTREMELY small. I end up having to re-dip the wand to reload it with mascara at least 3 to 4 times just to complete the application on the top lashes of one eye. Secondly, it also doesn't volumize or lengthen very well. (I suppose it's because I'm used to the results I get from Covergirl LashBlast). The formula comes off easily with eye makeup remover.

I will not be repurchasing this. I would only recommend it to someone who has frequent problems with lash separation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by elliegrace

this mascara isn't terrible.. but i won't be repurchasing. i bought it on a whim when i had one of those 'argh, i need a new mascara' moments. it's ok.. but i've found it clumps VERY easily. if i'm not careful i can get the spider lashes look, which is not what i'm going for!

also.. the wand is not the best. it's very flimsy and the actual bristles aren't the easiest to work with.

overall it's average. for the price it's not terrible.. but there is better out there!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

This mascara is now available in the US. (I bought mine at Walgreen's.)

I really like it. It is waterproof, holds my man-made curl (I have stick-straight lashes), minimal smudging by the end of the day, gives length (but not much volume - but I don't need volume, so that doesn't bother me), and separates well. It dries rather quickly, so you need to work fast to build up a lot of length.

I don't have a crease in my lid (Asian eyes) and my lashes are in nearly-constant contact with my eyelids, so smudging is inevitable on me. This mascara is the most smudgeproof out of the mascaras I've tried recently (the only mascara that was 100% smudgeproof was Revlon's old Colorstay Lash Tint). By the end of the day, there are some smudge marks on my lids and under my eyes -- but that's after quite a few hours of wear.

The curl. Yes, most waterproof mascaras hold a curl - but there are some that don't. This one holds it superbly.

And I love the tiny brush. You can get your lashes from any angle without worrying about getting mascara all over your face/eyes.

All in all, a great mascara. If only it didn't smudge *at all* - then I would give it the full 5 Lippies. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by chu_chu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do like this mascara of all the mascara I used I prefer these. Because of it's smaller brush It's easier to use, also it seperates my eyelashes and does give a certain lenght to it. Not any volume at all but that's not what I need. It is really a good waterproof mascara it is very water resistant compared to some other waterproof mascara. I bought more expensive mascara the lancome vibrating mascara waterproof 35 euros (telescopic 14-17 euros) but it wasn't so water resistant I sweat a lot it was easily smeared or when I washed my face it smeared all over not a good waterproof mascara. Telescopic is also not clumpy I never got any clups unless I would lay 5 layers but I don't do that anyway mostly 2 or maybe 3. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by skimcap

I have pretty short lashes and needed a lengthening mascara, I like this one because it doesnt clump, separates the lashes and it actually does lengthen. I use the Covergirl Lash Blast for the volume and this for the lengthening on nights out. This is great, its been put to the test numerous times and there was no smudging even during the humid nights here in Sydney.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by xoxsarahoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

the waterproof version is not available in the US (and i can only wear waterproof) so when my boyfriend when to london i made him look for it. he bought me 2 and i was really excited to try it but i was disappointed...it did separate my lashes but that was it...i am really into my eyelashes and have tried high end and low end brands...it was not worth making my boyfriend look for it in another country....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by minhchau88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In all the different versions of Telescopic, I think the waterproof one work best. No clump, separate well, length, enough volume for a natural look. I have to buy this before I get back to Asia because all my other mascara are non-waterproof and I'm afraid they may get messy in the humid condition of tropical weather. I think this is great for everyday use. I dont know how much it costs in the US and CAN, but in FInland it's so expensive, considering being just a drugstore product - 15 (or more) Euros !!!! So that explains the 5 for Price and No I will not buy again, cause I want to try others, and this is not THE ultimate yet :D

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by parisenne

This mascara really lengthens my lashes. I have the typical short stubby asian lashes, & telescopic really seperates & defines each lash. It also holds the culr really well , doesn't smudge or flake at all.

Two things I don't like about it though: like others have said, the brush is too flexible, it bends & is really annoying when you want to really wriggle the product in but can't. I solve this problem though by holding a thin business card behind my eyelashes & against my eyelids. This is a really good trick I learnt off a blog for asian eyes. It helps keep the curl & stops mascara from sticking to your eyelid whilst applying.

Second thing: this mascara does absolutely nothing for volume. It lengthens to extraordinary lengths but doesn't add any volume at all. I only use this mascara on top of the lash architect to lengthen & separate my lashes really well. Using both these mascaras gives me a false lash effect.

I do recommend though, if you have naturally lush lashes this is a great mascara to add length. For those with really thin lashes I would recommend to wear under or over a volumising mascara to give that false lash effect.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by girlinto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My sister had bought this for me from Singapore because here in Canada, we don't have the Telescopic in Waterproof. It was never released and it probably will never be released here since it's been over a year and a half since the regular/non-waterproof Telescopic was first out.
I have to say that this is one of the poorest if not the worst of L'oreal mascaras I have tried. I'm a huge fan of L'oreal Voluminous, L'oreal Lash Out, L'oreal Double Extend and L'oreal Volume Shocking; so this was a let down from L'oreal.
The brush is probably the worst thing about this product. It is really flimsy - I have no other way of explaining it. When I try to brush the wand through my lashes, the wand bends too much and it makes it difficult to use. I know a flexible brush can be great, but this was much more flimsy in a bad way rather than flexible in a good way. I'm so use to putting mascara on (have been wearing it for years now on a daily basis) and I don't recall ever having a problem with a mascara wand. The formula for this mascara was nothing special - it held a curl, it gave me more of a natural look than a dramatic look (unless you put like more than 3 coats on) but that's it. I would stick to buying one of the four L'oreal mascaras I mentioned above.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by SL103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent Mascara, I have very oily skin and have tried every waterproof mascara you can buy from Lancome, Dior, Clinique, MAC and Max Factor I can't believe after trying all the expensive mascaras and none of the ever stayed on as well as L'Oreal Telescopic. Only down side is that he wand is hard to use and you have to be quite careful as it does tend to clump up.