December 22, 2014 | 1698 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

It does what it is created to do. My problem with this waterproof formula is that it makes my lashes brittle and they fall out more often than natural shedding. You will indeed have to do a few dips with the brush so that you will get enough mascara on your lashes. I absolutely HATE these stupid rubber "brushes". They SUCK. Fiber brushes are the way to go. You cannot get the results from fake rubber "brushes" the way you can from the fiber ones.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by hanny16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was quite torn about what score to give this mascara because while it is by no means perfect it is easily the best mascara I have ever used. My eyes water a lot so have to use waterproof and whilst wearing this I have literally bawled my eyes out and it has not budged at all, so full marks for waterproof-ness (?!). However after about 8 hours wearing it it does begin to flake off, ok 8 hours is still a long time but no one wants to walk around with black clumps on their face. I really like the thin wand, it does take a while to get used to but really gets into the small lashes at the corners of your eyes and seperates the lashes nicely. I have short, dead straight lashes and after manually curling them it does hold really well and gives great length. If you want volume however go elsewhere. I seem to have up and down days with this mascara though- sometimes I will put it on and my eyes will look amazing all day and other times I will put it on and it will be clumpy with virtually no length. But maybe that is just me. By the way to take it off, I can highly recommend L'oreal's eye makeup remover, I can't remember what it is called but it is the two tone one that you have to shake to mix together. It actually recommends it on the mascara packet.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by elisjem1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

All over it is a fine mascara, BUT my lashes were falling off after a while, because it is so hard to take it all off. I had some of this mascara, and maybe I will start using it again in a while, but not for now and not every day.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was awaiting eagerly for the waterproof version of this mascara to become available in Canada. Finally, the wait is over! But how disappointing and here's why. The formula is good as it does not smudge, flake or clump. It also separates and holds the curl in my very straight Asian lashes. There are however a few problems that I find annoying. Firstly, the brush is EXTREMELY small. I end up having to re-dip the wand to reload it with mascara at least 3 to 4 times just to complete the application on the top lashes of one eye. Secondly, it also doesn't volumize or lengthen very well. (I suppose it's because I'm used to the results I get from Covergirl LashBlast). The formula comes off easily with eye makeup remover.

I will not be repurchasing this. I would only recommend it to someone who has frequent problems with lash separation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by elliegrace

this mascara isn't terrible.. but i won't be repurchasing. i bought it on a whim when i had one of those 'argh, i need a new mascara' moments. it's ok.. but i've found it clumps VERY easily. if i'm not careful i can get the spider lashes look, which is not what i'm going for!

also.. the wand is not the best. it's very flimsy and the actual bristles aren't the easiest to work with.

overall it's average. for the price it's not terrible.. but there is better out there!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

This mascara is now available in the US. (I bought mine at Walgreen's.)

I really like it. It is waterproof, holds my man-made curl (I have stick-straight lashes), minimal smudging by the end of the day, gives length (but not much volume - but I don't need volume, so that doesn't bother me), and separates well. It dries rather quickly, so you need to work fast to build up a lot of length.

I don't have a crease in my lid (Asian eyes) and my lashes are in nearly-constant contact with my eyelids, so smudging is inevitable on me. This mascara is the most smudgeproof out of the mascaras I've tried recently (the only mascara that was 100% smudgeproof was Revlon's old Colorstay Lash Tint). By the end of the day, there are some smudge marks on my lids and under my eyes -- but that's after quite a few hours of wear.

The curl. Yes, most waterproof mascaras hold a curl - but there are some that don't. This one holds it superbly.

And I love the tiny brush. You can get your lashes from any angle without worrying about getting mascara all over your face/eyes.

All in all, a great mascara. If only it didn't smudge *at all* - then I would give it the full 5 Lippies. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by chu_chu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do like this mascara of all the mascara I used I prefer these. Because of it's smaller brush It's easier to use, also it seperates my eyelashes and does give a certain lenght to it. Not any volume at all but that's not what I need. It is really a good waterproof mascara it is very water resistant compared to some other waterproof mascara. I bought more expensive mascara the lancome vibrating mascara waterproof 35 euros (telescopic 14-17 euros) but it wasn't so water resistant I sweat a lot it was easily smeared or when I washed my face it smeared all over not a good waterproof mascara. Telescopic is also not clumpy I never got any clups unless I would lay 5 layers but I don't do that anyway mostly 2 or maybe 3. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by skimcap

I have pretty short lashes and needed a lengthening mascara, I like this one because it doesnt clump, separates the lashes and it actually does lengthen. I use the Covergirl Lash Blast for the volume and this for the lengthening on nights out. This is great, its been put to the test numerous times and there was no smudging even during the humid nights here in Sydney.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by xoxsarahoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

the waterproof version is not available in the US (and i can only wear waterproof) so when my boyfriend when to london i made him look for it. he bought me 2 and i was really excited to try it but i was disappointed...it did separate my lashes but that was it...i am really into my eyelashes and have tried high end and low end brands...it was not worth making my boyfriend look for it in another country....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by minhchau88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In all the different versions of Telescopic, I think the waterproof one work best. No clump, separate well, length, enough volume for a natural look. I have to buy this before I get back to Asia because all my other mascara are non-waterproof and I'm afraid they may get messy in the humid condition of tropical weather. I think this is great for everyday use. I dont know how much it costs in the US and CAN, but in FInland it's so expensive, considering being just a drugstore product - 15 (or more) Euros !!!! So that explains the 5 for Price and No I will not buy again, cause I want to try others, and this is not THE ultimate yet :D