September 20, 2014 | 925 users online

Polishes - OPI - Suzi Says Da!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by vanessa713

Suzi says da is from the Russian collection, and is fast becoming one of my favourite nail colours. It's best described as a gorgeous dark chocolate shade that reminds me of melted chocolate!

The Russian Collection Nail Lacquers’ feature the ProWide Lacquer Brush, designed to hold more varnish, spread it more quickly and evenly and deliver a smooth, streak free application. The bottle itself is bigger than most nail polish bottles. I get my OPI polishes for roughly £9, but sometimes I'm able to blag a cheaper find on ebay.

I usually use 3 coats of this to give me an even finish. Suzi says da works as both a mani and pedi colour. The result on me is a beautiful dark brown colour. I saw another reviewer say how this looks black on her, but I don't think it looks black...you can tell it's just a really dark brown colour. It's a lot less garish and more flatterring than a black polish, let me tell you!

Overall, this is a really pretty nail colour which will work for most skintones. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the 5th OPI polish I've owned, & I must say, I'm quite impressed.

I've always been in to the dark nail trend, & after buying numerous black polishes, I'd decided that black was just too harsh for me...it just didn't look right. I then went on the lookout for a polish that was dark, but not so dark that it looked pitch black. Then came along Suzi Says Da!

The colour is a very deep brown. When I saw the bottle, I was a little confused. It looked so dull in the bottle, just a boring dark brown. After all the good reviews on MUA, I brushed it off & looked forward to seeing the great results on my nails that all the other reviewers had claimed of.

1 coat didn't look promising. It was like a streaky reddish brown colour. Nerves started to kick in - had I really just spent £11.50 (YES, it costs that much to get OPI polishes here in the UK...delivery costs just boost the price to the extreme) on a polish that looks like this?! I waited for it to dry & applied another coat. WOW! It looks like the colour of coffee granules. A deep brown which looks dark, but definately not black at all. It is so much more flattering on my olive skintone than black.

I don't know how this will look on fair skin, but I assume it'll still look like a gorgeous dark brown. On my J-Lo coloured skin, it just looks beautiful. I can finally have dark nails without looking like something from the Adams Family!

I love the prowide brush. It allows me to do my nails in 2 seconds, not to mention, the polish dries extremely quickly so I don't have to worry about smudging my nails. The bottle is huge as well, I think it'll last me a while. The only downside I can think of is the price...it's just ridiculous. But I think I've found my HG dark polish, so I'm not too fussed.

I'd definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by CHC

Wow! Thank you MUA, because I NEVER would have tried this polish without these reviews. I did my toes today, and must admit got alittle nervous at the streaky maroon brown for the first coat but after the second coat it was rich, shiny and even. I am almost ready to cut my nails short so I can wear it on a manicure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Oleander

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Woohoo! I love this polish!! Rich brown that's super glossy and reflective, this polish looks smart in fall and winter for that vampy, dark-nailed look. In some lighting it can almost appear black because it is a really, really dark brown, but not as harsh as a black would be. And it's a brown that, to me, is straight up brown; not purple, green, etc. Just brown. So rich looking, I can see my face reflecting back at me in my nails--easy to apply formula that covers in two coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by mmcgoug

Love this shade - it's looks so beautiful against my pinky skintone. I've been wearing it consecutively with every pedicure for the past 6 months. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is that it was from the Russian line and probably won't be available when it gets cold later this year. And if I buy one now so I'll have it later I suspect it'll get chalky. You know how nailpolish gets...

Still if you haven't tried this shade you really should. It's gorgeous! I get so many compliments on my toes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

Love this! It reminds me of a very, very dark chocolate bar (you know, the kind that is 85% cocoa) but then is has a subtle burgundy undertone to soften it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Jenny88

Decided to check this out due to the positive reviews. When I got to the store and saw it in the bottle I was quite hesitant..THIS was the polish that so many people were raving about? It looked like a drab, brown, muddy color. Decided to buy it anyway and so glad I did! It's absolutely beautiful on my nails. At least one reviewer has said it's a true brown with no undertones, but I disagree; it has just enough of a subtle plummy undertone to keep it from being just a drab brown. Was not a huge fan of dark polish beforehand, but this stuff is great. I see myself wearing it quite often.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by jenirvt

OPI is my HG of nail polish brands, and Suzi Says Da! is probably my favorite shade (close 2nd are Changing of the Garnet or International Date Line). A beautiful brown/burgandy/plum that's super shiny but not shimmery or glittery. As with all OPI polishes, it lasts forever on the nails! I only get pedicures at the spa in the summer, so during the fall/winter/spring I do them myself at home. Ever since I got this color, it's the only one I've been putting on my toes!!! As of late, it has been the only one I've been putting on my fingers, too, because I just love the color!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 3:10:00 PM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DDD/NC 43. Now THIS is the shade of brown I wanted Espresso Your Style to be! Beautiful deep brown (but definitely brown) glossy goodness. Looks great and oh-so-chic against my NC43 skin, though I think the undertones are probably neutral enough to work with a wide range of skintones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 3:20:00 AM More reviews by strawberrytaurus

I am totally shocked here. When I was putting in my OPI Russians order I kept adding and deleting Suzi Says Da. I'm not a big fan of browns and from what everyone was saying this was just another boring brown. Well I don't know what told me to order it. I guess I figured that if I didn't like it I could swap it. Naturally when I received it I put it aside and went for the more popular shades. So now after a couple of months I have just done my first mani with Suzi says Da. I am in LOVE!!! I saw a picture of J-Lo in a magazine wearing a brow-red n/p and I thought that I had to try something like that so that's what made me reach for Suzi. I have to say that Suzi says Da is even more than I ever expected it to be. It is a dark dark brown with a tinge of red. I love that it's not intense as black b/c it is hard for me to pull blacks off. Suzi says Da is so sexy and sheek. I love it! Application wasn't difficult either. I will be reaching for this more often now!