October 23, 2014 | 1989 users online

Mascara - Ready To Wear - Lash Extensions

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by maxsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a self proclaimed mascara junkie. I admit it. I buy every new one that comes out, hoping for the thick, long lush lashes they proclaim. So, after reading the reviews for this on here and HSN, there was no way I didn't snatch this up. I placed my order and not so patiently awited it's arrival. When it arrived, I stared at it's aweing mascara goodness as it I had just been given the secret of life. So I tried it. On one eye I used The Colassal and on the other eye I used my cheapie CG Super Thick. WOWZA, KA-ZAAM, OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I had lashes! And not puny, if you don't stare, you'll miss em lashes. I mean thick, long, in your face, THIS GIRL HAS LASHES!! lashes. It does take a bit of time to get used to it. It's not a throw it on kind of product. But if you have the time, and you want lush, long, thick man catcher lashes, this is worth the time!
*Update* I did a bit of expirementingand found out that a thickening mascara doesn't do as well with this as a normal ole' run of the mill one does. I think a volumizing mascara is too thick for this, which in turn makes your end result clumpy. But I tried it with Maybelline Great lash and got phenomenal results! It's just thin enought to seperate your lashes, and then when you add the lash extensions, you get volume and length, not clumps! ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2008 10:27:00 AM More reviews by FussyFuzz

Not for everyone. Product gets 4 of 5 stars on the shopping channel that sells it (350 reviewers). I see where the "wow" factor of thicker lashes gets us excited but it's definitely not a product of choice when rushing to work in the morning. The tiny hairs that you apply dusts onto your eyeballs and undereye area so time is needed to dust that off and to bat eyelashes so that non-adherent hairs can go bye-bye. Too much beauty work; OK to use for special events when one takes the time to get pretty.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Demetria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a million times better than the white type primer that a lot of companies sell. It REALLY works! My lashes are long, but could be a little thicker, so that is what I use it for. I apply my waterproof mascara to one eye (you don't have to use waterproof), then I apply the lash extensions. I really work it in all through my lashes, then apply another coat of my mascara. Then I do the other eye. I've never done a 2nd layer, but just the one makes a huge difference. My tip for using this is to hold your breath for a second while you are applying it so you don't blow little hairs all over the place. :-) Its a little messy, I guess, but its easy to clean up whether on your face or on your counter top. Its a dry product, so its not sticky. Whatever, its totally worth it. Once its on with a coat of mascara over it, it doesn't fall on your face all day. I got it from HSN.com. This was developed by a guy (can't remember his name) that used to be a big wig for MAC. I also have his finishing powder and LOVE that too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by localgal

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this product! I wear it everyday with waterproof mascara.It comes off with ease with remover.You can make it more dramatic for night.I like to just wear it on top lashes or in the corner lashes.SOOO much better then false lashes by far!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 8:20:00 AM More reviews by romero219

I looooove this prodcut. I too got it from HSN and though its taken me a little practice to work with I have found what works for me and the very first day I went out wearing it my best friend insisted I have to show her one day how to apply fake lashes.. she thought they were fake :-D Now before I hype it up too much I feel I should keep it real and say that yes the first few times I tried it on I got spider lashes and fallout got into my eyes. After paying so much I refused to give up on it and have come to realize 3 important things:

1) I tried it with define-a-lash lengthening mascara and it gave spider eyes; tried it with maxfactor 2000 calorie volumizing and it clumped up terribly. My best bet was to use good ol Great Lash basic mascara with a good old fashioned wand...

2) Please know this is NOT a mascara it is a DRY product and it will have a lot of fallout when applying.. its almost like soot because the tiny fibers are meant to cling to a base coat of your regular mascara. Any fallout on your cheeks will easily be swept away with a regular cosmetic brush, but I recommend contact wearers be very carefiul as its bothersome if it gets in ur eyes.

3) I do not apply this product in regular mascara motion (from root to tip) I simply apply the first coat of my regular mascara, then dab, dab, dab the product on the tips only... getting it too close to your waterline will almost ensure you get product in your eye. Then you followup with a second coat of mascara to seal fibers onto lashes. I do this once over the lashes and again under to ensure a bit more fullness. The process can be repeated but I've learned that more than 2 or 3 times and you do tend to get spider lashes... I do not use it on my bottom lashes as I feel it does look a little silly on me personally... but to each their own :O)

now that i have the hang of it, I'm using it on a daily basis and am hoping to review this product on youtube within the next few days. In the meantime I am definitely going to be reordering just in case this gets hard to get a hold of! Sorry for the long review but after reading some of the reviews on hsn I realize some people were thinking this was a wet mascara with fibers and applying it incorrectly wihtout giving it a proper chance.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by NiteStar99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is nothing short of amazing. I have short stubby lashes, but with this product, I'm not kidding you.......my lashes almost touch my eyebrows!! Yes, like the other reviewer said....it gets a little messy to put on. But the little dry fibers that fall onto you face while applying, do just brush away easily (they are dry and not wet). I have tried every kind of lengthening mascara known to mankind and nothing has worked until now. You just put on your mascara of choice, apply the fibers while your mascara is still wet. Wait a couple of minutes and apply another coat of mascara over the fibers. I promise you......you won't believe how loooong your lashes will be! I don't even have to use an eyelash curler any longer. In fact, it works better when they are not curled. I hope the Home Shopping Network never stops selling this cause I don't know where else to get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by charliecat31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing product! It's little hairs that you put on your lashes to give you a false eyelash effect, but SO much easier to apply. You apply a coat of mascara (whatever brand you want) and then while the mascara is still wet, you apply the lash extentions. The package is like regular mascara, but the container is glass instead of plastic. There's a mascara wand inside and you just swipe the hairs onto your lashes like mascara. It is a little messy - whatever extentions don't attach to your mascara covered lashes fall onto your face, BUT, they come right off with the stroke of a makeup brush. I keep a clean concealor brush just for this task.

You can even layer more than one application of the lash extentions if you want real VA VA VOOM lashes. Just apply mascara, extentions, let dry for a minute or two, then another coat of mascar another coat of extentions and a last coat of mascara. However many applications you want, just sandwich the extentions between two coats of mascara.

I've only seen this available on one of the Home Shopping tv channels, not sure if it's available anywhere else or not.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No