July 23, 2014 | 1906 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Sparkylarky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome, awesome stuff. I've always had trouble finding a color match for my dark eyebrows. Pencils and powders always looked too reddish, dark or just off. That's where this brow powder comes in. Found it at Ulta for around $5 and it is absolutely fantastic. It comes with wax on one side and 2 brow powders on the other. The colors match my brows perfectly and fill in any sparse patches. I like that there's 2 colors so that you can blend them or just use one.The lighter shade I use for everyday, and the darker for evenings out.I look more put together when I use this brow powder. Oh and it'll last forever. Definitely recommend, this stuff is a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by GoDawgs

This stuff is FABULOUS. I was about to spend $30 on Benefit Brow Zings, but decided to give this a try first since NYX was on sale at Ulta. I am so glad that I tried it and I'll be sticking with this product. It performs like an expensive product, which is amazing for $6.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Very natural for those with dark blonde to black hair. HG brow product!!!

Price: $10 CAD
Colour: light ash brown and medium taupey brown
Texture: dry, smooth
Pigmentation: medium

I don't use the wax as much seeing that my brow hairs are straight and short-ish. I use the lighter shade to fill in the inner part of my brows while the darker shade is used for the arch, underside, and The tail. It looks much, much more natural than a pencil and stays on pretty much all day
The spoolie and angled brush are handy for when you're travelling :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lara90

Really natural, easy going colors, matches my hair very well. I use the lighter one for everyday and the darker one for evening/weekends. I hate the powder applicator, itīs terrible, but the gel applicator is fine, though the gel kind of clumps on to it easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by cloudsofviolet

I have black hair and eyebrows and prefer brow products that look grey/black when applied. Dark brown brow powders usually look less natural on me. I mostly use the lighter taupe shade on the spare front areas of my eyebrows and it blends in very naturally with my brows.

The brush that comes with the palette applies the powder very patchily. I would have reapply powder in the same area. Using a thin slanted eyeliner brush instead made a huge difference in being able to apply a concentrated amount of powder exactly where I need it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got into really doing my brows and boy do I love this little gem! The wax goes on great and doesn't make them feel stiff just held in place perfectly. The 2 colors are awesome for me as a blonde I use the lightest color because my brows are really blonde. The little spoolie works great to pick up the color and it's so easy to apply. I just brush my brows with the NYX wax pencil first which puts them into the shape I want. Then I add a little more wax before I use the powder. I roll the spoolie in the powder and brush it through and wow my brows look so polished and not over done.

The packaging is delicate that's nice for flimsy but for what your paying and what you get I'm totally fine with that because once I do my brows I don't retouch them. With the wax it's not needed so I can leave it home so the packaging is not an issue for me.

I don't want that harsh fake brow and this looks like my brows but defined and better! I love it and for 4$ it's perfect! A really excellent product that will last a long time and worth it to me because I love doing a full eye so having good brows is a definite need. So glad I got this and recommend it because it's full proof so you really can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by psitsnottoolate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this a week ago for $8.99 CAD plus tax. I love how natural this looks when I fill in my brows. I use a combination of both colors plus the wax and my brows look so full and lush. The packaging is a bit flimsy, but is not too big of a problem. The brushes are pretty crappy though, but I pretty much expected that since they aren't exactly the star of the show.

Overall, I LOVE this product! Great price for the quality of the powder.
Will repurchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by WhittneyNichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product overall is very decent. The wax that it comes with doesn't give my eyebrows that natural look that I'm really hoping for, it makes them look when I use an eyebrow pencil. When I use just the powder it actually makes them look at least a little real. The tool is perfect for shaping the brows.
I have extremely light eyebrows that it sometimes looks like I don't have eyebrows at all. Which is really weird because my hair is a medium brown so you would think my eyebrows would match, but no.. Just my luck, right?
But this definitely helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To start off, I NEVER color in my eyebrows. I feel like it looks way to fake on me. Ive tried pencils & markers and i couldn't seem to get it right. I finally decided to try powder since i heard it looks more natural and boy do i love it! I am obsessed with NYX products! This product is so inexpensive and works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by samology

Great colour combination for me (I'm raven-haired) - taupe for less dramatic days, brown for days where I feel dressier. Colour pay-off is really good, & the wax helps to tame my brows into my place.

The brush that comes with it is crap though. Stiff & doesn't do ANYTHING. I purchased my own brow brush. Also, the plastic transparent lid broke off its hinges fairly quickly even though I didn't even bring it around, left it home most of the time. Hope they improve on the packaging!