August 20, 2014 | 1975 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Bungayuki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Look so natural!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this for two reasons, the reviews are good and it's a bargain! I recently finished up my SmashBox cake brow powder, before that I used Laura Mercier. I'm tired of spending big bucks on brow color so I decided to research on a cheaper option. Thanks to the many great reviews I found the perfect one!

I have (dyed) dark brown hair with caramel highlights, sparse black eyebrows and my skin is medium with yellow undertones. About eight years ago, I switched from black brow pencil to dark taupe powder which works better for me. This NYX is easier to apply than the SmashBox cake. The SB cake is sort of pasty which I found somewhat difficult at times to apply evenly, I would get empty spots in my brow for some reason. I use my Sephora brow powder brush which I really like and it's lasted me about 4-5 years so far. The brush that comes in the set is pretty useless because it's so short to comfortably apply the product. I use the darker taupe color, or if I want a bit more softness I use both colors and blend them in, beautiful! The color lasts all day, including through my two hour workout sessions! Another thing I noticed is the SM brand rubbed off fairly easily, if I lightly scratched my brow the color would come off leaving me with a spot! Not with the NYX, I have to scratch harder in order for it to leave a bald spot. But yet it comes off so easily with face wash! No scrubbing at all!

I'm so happy the NYX brand works so well for me! No more spending $$$ on brow color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A very good product combining brow powder of 2 colours, wax and 2 brushes. The powders are quite pigmented and apply nicely. One is dark brown (no red in it, which is nice) and grey colour. You can mix the two to customize a desirable colour. I use the darker colour for the thicker part of my brows and grey one on brow ends.
After applying the powder you can fix the brows with the wax. The wax is bit sticky but does a good job and when applied is not causing discomfort.
The packaging is compact and includes two small brushes - a small angled brush and a small spooley. I use other brushes just because they are full sized and easier to handle. Yet the brushes that come in the box can do a decent job too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Sparkylarky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome, awesome stuff. I've always had trouble finding a color match for my dark eyebrows. Pencils and powders always looked too reddish, dark or just off. That's where this brow powder comes in. Found it at Ulta for around $5 and it is absolutely fantastic. It comes with wax on one side and 2 brow powders on the other. The colors match my brows perfectly and fill in any sparse patches. I like that there's 2 colors so that you can blend them or just use one.The lighter shade I use for everyday, and the darker for evenings out.I look more put together when I use this brow powder. Oh and it'll last forever. Definitely recommend, this stuff is a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by GoDawgs

This stuff is FABULOUS. I was about to spend $30 on Benefit Brow Zings, but decided to give this a try first since NYX was on sale at Ulta. I am so glad that I tried it and I'll be sticking with this product. It performs like an expensive product, which is amazing for $6.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Very natural for those with dark blonde to black hair. HG brow product!!!

Price: $10 CAD
Colour: light ash brown and medium taupey brown
Texture: dry, smooth
Pigmentation: medium

I don't use the wax as much seeing that my brow hairs are straight and short-ish. I use the lighter shade to fill in the inner part of my brows while the darker shade is used for the arch, underside, and The tail. It looks much, much more natural than a pencil and stays on pretty much all day
The spoolie and angled brush are handy for when you're travelling :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lara90

Really natural, easy going colors, matches my hair very well. I use the lighter one for everyday and the darker one for evening/weekends. I hate the powder applicator, itīs terrible, but the gel applicator is fine, though the gel kind of clumps on to it easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by cloudsofviolet

I have black hair and eyebrows and prefer brow products that look grey/black when applied. Dark brown brow powders usually look less natural on me. I mostly use the lighter taupe shade on the spare front areas of my eyebrows and it blends in very naturally with my brows.

The brush that comes with the palette applies the powder very patchily. I would have reapply powder in the same area. Using a thin slanted eyeliner brush instead made a huge difference in being able to apply a concentrated amount of powder exactly where I need it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got into really doing my brows and boy do I love this little gem! The wax goes on great and doesn't make them feel stiff just held in place perfectly. The 2 colors are awesome for me as a blonde I use the lightest color because my brows are really blonde. The little spoolie works great to pick up the color and it's so easy to apply. I just brush my brows with the NYX wax pencil first which puts them into the shape I want. Then I add a little more wax before I use the powder. I roll the spoolie in the powder and brush it through and wow my brows look so polished and not over done.

The packaging is delicate that's nice for flimsy but for what your paying and what you get I'm totally fine with that because once I do my brows I don't retouch them. With the wax it's not needed so I can leave it home so the packaging is not an issue for me.

I don't want that harsh fake brow and this looks like my brows but defined and better! I love it and for 4$ it's perfect! A really excellent product that will last a long time and worth it to me because I love doing a full eye so having good brows is a definite need. So glad I got this and recommend it because it's full proof so you really can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by psitsnottoolate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this a week ago for $8.99 CAD plus tax. I love how natural this looks when I fill in my brows. I use a combination of both colors plus the wax and my brows look so full and lush. The packaging is a bit flimsy, but is not too big of a problem. The brushes are pretty crappy though, but I pretty much expected that since they aren't exactly the star of the show.

Overall, I LOVE this product! Great price for the quality of the powder.
Will repurchase again!