October 23, 2014 | 1293 users online

Loose Powders - Bella Pierre - mineral powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Yewly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently purchased the Bella Pierre Foundation. While on the more expensive side, I’ve always paid good money for concealer/foundation so I was comfortable with the price range of the cosmetics. After expertly being “made-up” at a kiosk I was pleasantly surprised. They were no visible signs of wearing a foundation, not under my eyes nor around the mouth area. I was quickly convinced to buy the foundation and give it a shot .

Once I got home, I tried the process myself. It didn’t quite come out as it did at the mall and I was just about ready to let it go. A couple of google searches though provided me with the proper application techniques: let the primer sit for a minute of 2 before adding the powder. And the powder: when they say “buff gently but go around the face a few times” – it does really mean just that: small amounts, and buff the area a few times to get your desired type of coverage (I recommend you do a youtube search to see the techniques). While I’ve always been a huge fan of the Dior products, for the last 3 weeks the application of my foundation has become:

- faster,
- more coverage (I would say flawless comes to mind),
- no mask look,
- natural look

This past weekend I went for a 50K bike ride on a humid day, topped off with a rain shower and 1 hour beach volleyball game. I was beyond amazed to see my foundation looked as if it was applied only an hour ago. I can’t say enough good things about the foundation. While the packaging is very averge it's not a real factor for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was curious about this product since I always walk by it on my way out of Nordstrom straight to Sephora.

I finally decided to try it and I am ever so glad I did. I have been a BE user for years but I always disliked that “sheen” it gives and how thick the powder feels. To me BE is a thicker powder that can easily cake and look shiny if overdone-but not with this one it gives good coverage without being or feeling heavy.

When the SA applied this I was blown away at how even, bright, and smooth my skin looked. It gives from light to heavier coverage without looking cakey.

I had a mmu disaster while tapping this mmu into the cap-the sifter came loose and you can only imagine it from there. I used my Sephora brand Professional Bronzer Brush #44 (which is what I use to apply my m/u) and picked up as much of it as I could…yes, even with the brush packed full of m/u I used it and got beautiful coverage without looking cakey at all.

After my disaster I decided that I liked this mmu so much I went back and bought another one. My color is cinnamon mixed with ivory (which is a yellow toned color) really helps with the redness. For reference I’m a MAC NC30, Dior Nude mmu in Medium Beige 030, BE in golden medium.

Yes, the price can be high but the SA’s at the kiosk usually give good deals which if you’re looking for a great mmu that really works you won’t mind paying.

I really wish more companies would come out with those sifters that twist to open or close.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 7:09:00 AM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using BE mineral foundation after finding that liquid foundations contained too many ingredients that make me break out such as mineral oil, glycols, 'siloxanes, 'cones. BE seemed to make my skin itch, so I researched bismuth oxychloride and thought that might be the culprit. Then I went on a search for a mineral foundation that didn't contain: BOC, talc, preservatives, aloe, dyes, fragrance, oil. And that search led to many, many compromises, all of which made me break out. It's such a losing battle when the thing you're using to cover imperfections causes its own imperfections!

I was accosted one day in a shopping centre before Xmas when my skin was suffering from Perioral Dermatitis/Rosacea (I didn't know it at the time, I thought it was just the cold weather). The sign on the kiosk stated that this mineral foundation was 100% minerals with no fillers: no oil, BOC, talc, preservatives, dyes or fragrance. I was shocked! The SA typed my skin and applied it and I spent the rest of the day smiling because I LOOKED GREAT for the 1st time in about 2 months. I continued to have the PD/Rosacea because I didn't know what it was until about 3 weeks ago, but this MF has covered it up beautifully all along.

It was £20, which is quite expensive but I bought BE only once and never used it up - not even close. A little goes very, very far, so it's worth it. It's also worth it because this doesn't make its own imperfections. My skin doesn't itch, either. It's comfortable, beautiful and lasts all day to the point that if I go out after work, I don't even have to touch up. Also, it stays in place if I mist with LRP water or witch hazel. Great stuff! Finally, someone got MF right!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by helloraine

Its ingredient friendly, only contains 5 or 4 ingredients, The advantage is that it it gives you a nice glow to your face. however the downside is that it tends to be quite heavy when applied, if you are heavy handed with applying foundation it can look cakey. Which is not a good look, unless you want full coverage. The whole tub lasts a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Baked

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first powder foundation. My older sister lent this to me 'cause she got lighter. She gave me the shade, Maple. I'm so glad that this shade actually matches my skin tone so perfectly!! It looks so natural on me.

My sister bought it for about $25 on eBay. Really cheap compared to the real price: $65. That's way too much.

This foundation is actually loose powder, not pressed, which is actually difficult sometimes. But that tiny problem is canceled out immediately in my eyes. I started 'developing' blotchiness & uneven skin-tone from standing & walking in the sun too much during work. This powder has FULL coverage! That's what I really needed, too! It gives beautiful, even coverage. It blends so nicely into my skin, making it look smooottth & very flawless! It has great staying power & is water-proof. Another bonus is that it contains SPF 15.

I think that the packaging could be a bit different & improved more. With all that loose powder flying around inside the container-thing & the sifter on the inside, you never know where the powder might be! If you twist the cap open just a bit, sometimes the powder will somehow come out. What I usually do is tap the container a bit to get the powder 'aligned'. Another way to not waste the powder is to have a sheet of white & blank computer paper underneath the container so the powder will just fall onto the paper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by rosedecerise

I bought this from a mall kiosk recently. so far it is very good, offers great coverage, and is very quick to apply which is great if you are on the go. I can barely feel it on my skin. You do lose some of the powder because of the packaging, you have to be careful when using the large foundation brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by humakhan227

this is the best foundation i tried so far. i have tried Various liquid foundations including mineral make up such as jane iradale, but this beats them all! it covers my rosacea with excellence and i definately recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

Ugh! Ugh! Ugh! I can't believe this stuff. I got roped into buying it from one of those booths in the mall while in Maui. The saleslady insisted over and over that I was a shade #1. I bought it for about $40 and it made me look like a geisha. The powder sat thickly on my face, and went into my pores, making them look huge. Throwing good money after bad, I bought one shade up on eBay, thinking I could mix the two. What a joke this stuff is. The second one was just the same, sat like coarse white powder in my pores. All I can say is, caveat emptor. Don't get roped into something you really can't use due to a sales pitch.