July 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Travel Kabuki Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 7:17:00 AM More reviews by spaghetina

I gave this brush 4 lippies because it feels SO darned good. That said, I haven't had great luck applying powder foundation with it (MAC Studiofix). I know it's not necessarily meant for that, but you'd think that it should work just fine. It does an ok job, but so does a sponge.
The design of the brush itself is really nice. The handle is a sleek metallic-looking black, and has a sheath that you pull up over the bristles before putting the cap back on. It's not totally foolproof or perfect because there are times when errant bristles will get smashed when putting the cap on, but it's not a tragedy. For $18, you get a really nice 'buki that, as far as I've felt, is very comparable to pricier brushes. I love Sonia's brush line! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by shannonmiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great kabuki brush! I was going to order a different brand online, but got impatient and went to Target to see what they had. I saw the Sonia Kashuk travel kabuki brush for $17.99 and decided to give it a try. It blends my mineral foundation beautifully! I love the packaging! It has a retractable brush and a lid. The brush itself is very soft, yet dense enough to blend well. I am very pleased! UPDATE: I just wanted to add that I've been using this brush for over a month now and I don't think I've lost one hair due to shedding. I still am loving it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by viverr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far I like this brush. I've been using it to apply my powder foundation and it seems to do that perfectly. I've tried the MAC kabukis and pricier ones and they seem to be softer and fluffier than this SK one. It has shed a little and when I washed it for the first time, a black dye leaked out from the bristles: eeeep! But I think this kabuki would do for those who are on a budget for makeup. It comes in shiny black metal handle-case with a cap. It can also sit upright with brush side up on my dresser just in case anyone's wondering...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd been looking for a decent small *transportable* (i.e., with a cover) kabuki brush when I found this Sonia Kashuk at Target. Has been just right thus far. Natural hair, nice soft feel on the face. The design is thoughtful in that the brush rolls down easily into its case for use with the cover. Good purchase!