April 21, 2014 | 1891 users online

Blush - MAC - Cantaloupe

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

this is a MAC PRO product so it can be kind of hard to come buy... but i did finally manage to get my grubby little hands on it. this is a true peach blush and it adds the perfect amount of warmth to my face to give me a healthy glow. it also conceals some of the natural redness i have in my cheeks. unlike many other peachy blushes that require you to really pack on the layers, this blush is so pigmented that the first time i applied, i over did it. all you need is one pat in the pan with a blush brush per cheek. this lasts all day, no need to reapply. for reference, i'm asian with black hair, and about NC20-25.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Steph84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This blush is a bronzy peach with a slight, satiny sheen. It's SO natural anytime of the year and looks great with bronzer (blends well with a bronzer for a healthy glow). I would definitely buy this again--it pretty much just always looks "right" with my skintone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased Cantaloupe after viewing it on the pro site for $15.00 in the pan. When I swatched it on my hand it looked dull, and chalky, but once I applied it to my NC43 skintone, it made my skin come alive. It is gorgeous and subtle for a natural daytime look. This is my new favorite blush, since it even looks better on me than my second fav. margin. I would definitely repurchase this one. I may just get a back up in this one just in case it's ds.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I knew about this blush from my local MAC Pro store, but I could never seem to get a hold of it - they were always sold out. I was lucky to swap for it (and it was a CP--thanks GlossGal 01!!) and I have to post this review because this is the perfect "natural" blush color for me. Its a muted matte peach shade (with a brownish tone rather than pink as are most other peach blushes). It looks rather boring in the pan, but on my olive skin it is lovely. It looks good by itself or as a contour color with a lighter shimmery color on the top of the cheek. Probably will be my favorite MAC blush except for Pink Swoon.

Unfortunately there is no similar color on the MAC regular blush line. It's probably closest to Melba, but a bit deeper and warmer. It is however a dupe for NARS Passion, which is d/c.

Highly recommend for olive-toned and tan skin, and would definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this blush as a Christmas gift and I really couldn't love it more. Cantaloupeís a pale pink blush that looks best with any kind of smokey eyes. This pro product adds just the right amount of rosey glow to my cheeks without looking fake. As a matter of fact, thanks to Cantaloupe, no more worries to pair a blush shade with a heavy eye make-up! And thatís probably why it got such a high rating here: if money isn't an object, you really should have one in your beauty bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by brookecouture

This color is amazingly gorgeous and VERY pigmented. You just need a bit for a beautiful look. Its not as garish as you would think from looking at the swatch on the macpro site. When I heard the name and saw the swatch I thought ok well its orange like cantaloupe. It's NOT. It's beautiful and wearable. I will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by indiagirl73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pro color that is simply gorgeous. It's a satin I believe so no excessive shimmer or glitter... just beautiful color. It's not as bright as a cantaloupe irl but it's got just the right amount of an orange and melon combination. I paired it with CB96 lipstick and I know I'll be doing this combo again :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by psychoexgirlfriend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MAC Pro's website describes this as a "Rich warm cantaploupe [sic] (Satin)". This is a recently released product. It has been sold out from my store since the day it was released but luckily I finally got my grubby lil' hands on one.

Colour: The picture shown online is about two shades lighter than the actual product, however the tone is very accurate. As MAC's description says, this is a very warm peach blush. Wearing it on my C35 Asian skin, it is a natural peach, not gaudy or garish at all. The colour is yellow based and thus helps to minimize the redness on my cheeks without foundation applied underneath.

Texture & Pigmentation: This blush is smooth and quite creamy feeling actually. MAC describes this as a Satin and I quite agree. It looks glowy on my cheeks but certainly not frosty by any means. It is quite pigmented, meaning I only need to swipe my brush on it once per cheek. However, it is not so pigmented that it looks unnatural on my skin.

Lasting power: This blush lasts well enough. If I apply it in the morning before work, it's still there by lunch. But the end of the day, it is quite faded. However, that's more than enough lasting power for me.

Overall: I am quite surprised by this blush. MAC blushes usually don't do it for me. I am a diehard NARS fan. However, this blush lives up the best NARS blushes in terms of color, pigment and texture. I would definitely buy again. continued >>

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No