April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by jean9weg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a blue eyed girl's best friend. So easy to make my eyes stand out. Just a quick wash with Indianwood on my lids, some mascara and on my lazy days, that's it! It is so gorgeous, like a burnished dark gold. Not frosty, not glittery, but light reflective and pearly. One of my must have products!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect shimmery gold on my caramel skin. As with all paint pots, it lasts extremely well and has wonderful pigment. It works well alone or as a base (especially nice for an everyday look). This pot is an easy way to have captivating eyes. When I just want to brighten up my lids and run out the door, this is what I grab.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Marissa83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite paint pot out of the ones that I own (Painterly, Bare Study, Rubenesque). It's such a pretty colour, a cool goldy brown that shows up with NO orange on me! The texture is beautiful and on me this doesn't crease. I usually pair it with Rubenesque (Rubenesque all over and Indianwood on eye lid)... but I really want to try this with sumptuous olive over the top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just bought this a couple of days ago after deciding to buy another MAC Paint Pot because I was really, really satisfied with my Rubenesque Paint Pot. I use this as a regular shadow though, unlike my Rubenesque which I use as an eyeshadow primer, I use Indianwood as an eyeshadow. I'm actually at a phase where I just use Rubenesque as a highlight and this as an all over lid color and I think I'll be sticking to this routine for a really long time because it literally takes seconds to put on and the colors themselves are so blendable, so vibrant, and so long lasting, that I hardly touch my regular shadows anymore. MAC Paint Pots are actually one of the brand's most indispensable products. I don't think any of them will be any disappointment, mos especially these more neutral colors that you can use at an everyday basis. Plus the product themselves last quite a really long time too! I have friends who use their paint pots every single day and barely had any dent on their pots after years. Definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a long lasting primer and eye shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by LiliRoseVoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this a few weeks ago together with a few other thing at my local mac shop. I love how easy it is to apply: I usually either use my fingers or a stiffer eyeshadow brush. It works well as a base for my gold, brown, bronze eyeshadows, and also with my purples and greens. It also is quite nice on its own as a wash, although it lacks dimension. I'm quite pale and neutral and it dows not look orange or harsh on me. The price is ok considering it will take me quite a long time to finish. The packaging feels quite sturdy, even though it is glass, it looks like it wouldn't smash easily. I took off a mark because it does start creasing after 5/6 hours: I hoped it would last longer.
Happy with my purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by purdy501

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty much love this color and formula. I use this in combination with L'oreal's Gilded Bronze eyeshadow. The paint pot makes my eyeshadow last three times longer and with truer color. Happy to have finally given paint pots a go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

'Indianwood' is a warm bronze gold, when built up appears as more of a true gold.
there are a billion ways to use paint pots, so i will just share how i use mine at the moment. i apply this all over my eyelid with a flat dense brush, then i quickly use my ring finger to blend it up to my brownbone (but not all the way up to my eyebrows like i do with 'Bare Study'). then i take my brush, and apply more to my eyelid as to make the gold appear more. then i take MAC's 'Phloof!' eyeshadow and apply it to my inner corners and under my browbone. i find this a nice lazy but brightening look, and i don't even have to use a darker colour in the crease unless i really want to. this saves me time in the morning and i have recieved compliments on this as well.
'Indianwood' is a really beautiful colour. it isn't shimmery or sparkly, but is more of that satin metallic shine. i requested this from my sister as a birthday gift, and she thought it was so pretty, that she got one for herself too!
would buy again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by glamarmywife

This is my I dont have time to put on makeup paintpot. I am an NC43 so this is a shimmery version of my skin color. It gives my eyes a nice sheen & lasts all day.I cant put this on & a swipe of liner & im out the door. It makes an excellent base too. Indianwood will always stay in my bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

excellent base for bronze eye shadows! long lasting and you can even wear it alone & it looks fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This is bright, and long-lasting. I don't wear it very often as I work in a conservative work-place and would be out of place with bright shadow.
When I do use this on my dark brown eyes its definitely a statement piece. Love it. Wish I could wear it more often!
EDIT: I ended up ditching this as it was just too bright/orange to wear on a regular basis.