September 3, 2014 | 1333 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Courbe Virtuose (Divine Lasting Curves)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 9:18:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the brush, very fluffy. Finds lashes like no other brush, I didnt know I had so many lashes. lengthens and thickness very good. 8 hours later lashes look exactly the same!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by discoverer

I really liked this mascara. I had just (finally) finished up a tube of mascara that i hated, so it was time for a new one. I love that it doesnt clump, and that it curls my already long lashes. Love it! Would definantly buy again. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2009 7:40:00 AM More reviews by tinav101805

I GOT THIS MASCARA FOR FREE... AND I LOVE IT!
WELL FIRST I TRIED IT AND THEN I DIDNT LIKE IT.. THEN I USED IT AGAIN AND I LOVED IT .. IT LOOKS NATURAL AND STRENGHTENS MY LASHES.. I LOVE IT! WOULD DEFINITELY BUY IT

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by THATGIRRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara free when department stores had to give away free makeup. I love this mascara. After I had gotten it I tried it and wasn't impressed. I ended up running out of 2000 calorie mascara by Max Factor.. and decided to give this another try. I love love love it. I love the brush. I believe many women apply it wrong is why it doesn't help them build curl. I find it to be a great mascara. I may not rebuy this mascara only because of the price, but if I weren't on a budget I'd definitely make this mascara a must have.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by millerjc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had pretty high hopes for this, since it is Lancome and all, but sadly I was not impressed. It did not clump much, which I liked, but the tube dried out faster than most mascaras I have tried. It also did not give much volume (even with 2 coats), which is what I usually look for. So if you want a natural looking mascara that holds a curl decently, use this. I liked this better when I layered it under my regular maybelline mascara, but it's really not worth the price unless it's on a good sale.
*really great wand styling though, feels comfortable in my hand!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by leekhj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't use mascaras a lot, but when it comes to it, I'm quite picky about it. I won't say this is the cheapest mascara (since it's from the actual lancome store), but it gives me pretty good result.
It separates my lashes well and gives a good lift to it. The brush is thin so it coats well on all the lashes. The brush also allows me to apply mascara on my under eye lashes and it divides my lashes pretty well. But, even though the mascara doesn't clog and become thick and yucky after a few applications, it gives me those dried black clogs at the corner of my eyes once in a while. This mascara dries fast and coats every lash, but it doesn't give much volume.
So, I decided to use the product along with my cover girl lash blast (BEST MASCARA- although i will say the downfall to it is the big brush). Therefore, I mostly use lash blast on my upper eye lashes (real good effect) and lancome virtuose on my bottom lashes; works great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What's with the low rating? Well fine with me, I actually selfishly enjoy when I find something to like that the majority don't appreciate at all. Anyways, I was out of my closest-candidate-to-HG mascara (Lancome Fatale) and I had some store credit due to my previous massive haulage. So I decided to use it for this one. Well it turned out I did good! First of all, I LOVE the brush. It's THE brush I would expect to see in every other mascara that promises to provide curl&volume. It has a curly shape so it reaches each and every lash no matter how short they are. This is definitely the best curling mascara I've ever used so far. The volume it gives is decent. Also it defines my lashes so well (as the color is a true black) so that it pops my eyes, makes them look huge (in an attractive way of course, not like I got poked with a stick or something ha!). Fatale does this too, makes my eyes look like I'm an anime-character. I guess that's the best thing about Lancome mascaras, they work really good for me anyways. I also think it's pretty meaningless to say something like ' this mascara curls but I still need my lash curler'. Of course you do. No mascara can curly your lashes like a metal tool you use to squeeze them. You can compare mascaras with each other but not with a lash curler which only helps to create the curl, after that you'll need a good curling mascara to hold that curl. Virtuose works well for this purpose in my opinion, and on my lashes. I would definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2009 7:04:00 AM More reviews by kayvang

This mascara is not the mascara for you if you want THICK FULL and EXTREMELY LONG LASHES (if you don't have long lashes to begin with). This mascara rather helps to accentuate and darken your lashes. I like it because it gives off a more natural eyelash look, the mascara is not as thick as other mascaras I have used in the past. Also I didn't find it clumpy (maybe if you put it on 10-15 times) but if you put it on 1-3 times, it's not clumpy at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by heavendelivered

I got this mascara in black - coats lashes thin and makes it a slight longer and fuller version of your own lashes but very natural.. I'm a dramatic lashes gal for mascara so this I will not buy again and its hard to remove - stiffens (very hard) and if you built it up even worse to take if off.. too much hasle in comparison to other mascaras. Decent everyday natual looking mascara but for the price not a good buy. Nice curved applicate cheap quality product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by monster620girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE mascara. I've tried everything I can get my hands on. So far, this one has been a BIG let down. It went on a little clumpy/flakey at the ends, which is fine - I just used me lash comb. It seemed to do a good job of holding the curl (I'd already curled it with Shu Um. curler) - but about 20 minutes later, my lashes had fallen back to normal, and it looked like I was wearing cheap mascara. Not only that, but it was the first mascara that I've noticed flaking ALL over the place. I would recommend Panoramic waterproof by L'oreal over this any time, and it's a lot cheaper. I was hoping Courbe would do the job because I'm trying to avoid the waterproof. I'd spend 30.00 if it were the right mascara & did the job it promised, but this one doesn't come close. It's sad that the cheapie drugstore mascara works better than this!