July 29, 2014 | 2039 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by thisblondegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder! My forehead gets super oily. But while I have this on, I seem to have no oil what so ever! It's amazing (: I'm in love

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Donnabella14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

AWESOME powder. Never cakey, gets the job done. You won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kellich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a go-to in my makeup collection. It has great staying power and goes well over foundation or by itself. The matte finish is not too matte that it looks gross and unnatural. I have combination dry skin and usually matte finishes are not good for me but this never settles in dry patches. I may blot once throughout the day. The color matches me well. It doesn't break my sensitive skin out. I know when I pick this up to use it that it will serve me well for the day and there aren't any negatives about this product. I definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by emmaak

This stuff is great. I heard of it online because a lot of people said it was a dupe for Mac blot powder. There's not a huge shade selection at all but the one I bought was perfect. Powder being cakey is definitely a problem for me. This is perfectly matte and controls oil, but so light so I can build it up. It makes my foundation look awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by angelumieree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is affordable, and true to its promises. It has a flattering matte finish and helps control the oils in my T-zones (combination skin), while not drying out my cheeks. Doesn't break me out, perfect compact size to carry around. It does have a light coverage, not completely clear, but I actually like that because I normally use a lighter coverage foundation like BB cream and a little concealer. Great for setting throughout the day, it doesn't cake and helps your skin look flawless!

This has been my favorite setting powder for about 2 years now, repurchased many times! Highly recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by sekarinaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Best compact powder on my acne prone oily skin! Doesn't break me out. My face look well polished without looking over powdery. I got this in medium sand, perfect match for my medium skin.
Unfortunately, not available in Indonesia so i have to bought it online, took more time :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by JosieMndza

Hands down one of my favorite drug store powders. I've gone through so many of these compacts because they work so well for me. I have oily/acne prone skin and this does the job to keep me matte with making me look powdery. It's nice and light and gets the job done. Right now I've been pairing it with the maybelline superstay foundation and it works so well. I'm in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by JennyCaroline

i seriously love this powder my makeup lasts all day ! looks natural ! not expensive especially when bought in walmart ! feels light just love it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the newest powder from Maybelline. Usually I do not like Maybelline's powders so much anymore. They just don't 'work' for me as well as they used to. BUT, being the compulsive makeup shopper I am, I decided to try it. It comes in several shades, varying from very pale to somewhat dark. I chose 'fair', which matches their dream matte mousse shades 0-1. It is a light, yellow/neutral powder that goes well over my colorstay foundation in buff. I gave it four lippies instead of 5 because in indoor lights it can look a bit heavy, but strangely looks more blended and even in sunlight.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by DarthPenguin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline's Dream Matte Pressed Powder is one of the best drugstore powders. I have always had trouble with buying pressed powders because they just never did enough for me. I will get coverage but then it would feel cakey at the end of the day and I would break out. Or it didn't give me enough coverage and left me oily. This dream matte powder however has great coverage and does a relatively good job at keeping you matte for a long period of time. The packaging is cute and the price is not bad at all for what you get from this product.

I have combination skin with certain areas of my face becoming oily and other parts getting very dry--often it can fluctuate based on the season where in the winter I can get more dry and in the summer that much more oily. When I tried this powder I found that it gave me average coverage without having to apply foundation. With foundation under, it will set it all day until I take it off with my makeup wipes. I try to concentrate this powder where I get most oily and it does great at staying power as long as maybe reapply a tad when I go out or begin sweating. As much as I layer this powder over itself it never looks like I have a ton of powder on and will remain looking fresh and natural. Another great thing is that this powder never caused me to break out and still has never caused me any break out issues.

The packaging of this product I found very cute and compact but I did find it a little confusing when I initially bought. The powder comes in round packaging that clicks open from the top to reveal the powder and twists on the bottom to reveal a mirror and a little applicator. The mirror is quite small and the applicator is cheap looking but I wouldn't have used the applicator anyway and the mirror is useful despite its size. Although I wasn't used to the format of this little compact, I liked it way better than others i have seen because it keeps the sponge out of my powder where it could make it messy. I also like that the mirror is not near the powder because the mirror will not get any smudges on it and it will keep its quick & easy functionality.

Now the price. The price can vary depending where you purchase but from my local drugstore I bought mine for about $7.99. At first I thought that was painful for a drugstore item but when I found how awesome the product was, I didn't mind paying that and now I think it's a damn bargain! I could go without this stuff but truthfully I wouldn't want to. I definitely recommend this to anyone--especially use gals who have the oily skin-- and I will continue to repurchase, lest I find something that can beat what it has to offer for a reasonable price.