Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Straightening Iron

4.5

LOVE this straightener! I have thick, wavy, long hair and can straigten my whole head in 10-15 minutes with this. It seems to give my hair a nice shine, too. I've tried tons of other (more expensive) straighteners, and the babyliss nano titanium pro is by far my favorite. I bought it on Amazon.com for around $75, which isn't cheap, but I find it to be a really great value, considering it works just as well if not better than the Chi, which is double the price.

One word of warning: it gets super hot, so be careful, and also be sure to move it quickly through your hair so you don't create crease lines in your hair.

Happy straightening!

on 7/16/2010 5:54:00 PM

I have very thick, coarse, brittle Asian hair that this difficult to style. I bought this per a Youtuber's suggestion, and found it on Amazon.com for $60 (no way was I dropping hundreds of dollars). For what I paid and the product I got, I am definitely pleased. It does the job of straightening, and with the right technique and practice, I can also do any kind of curl that a normal curling iron can do. It's basically my all-in-one heat styling tool. I wouldn't be able to live without this! I especially like the extra-long plates because I have such dense hair. I tried my mom's Sedu iron and I would have to do painfully small sections because when I would clamp down, the hair would spread out past the plates. Not so with my Babyliss. I can do the job in half the time. It's lightweight and very thin, so my arms don't tire easily from styling.

Also, it has adjustable heat settings to accomodate different hair types. Higher heat for dense hair (like mine - I keep it at 325-350) or lower for finer hair. The power button is on the side of the iron, so you might accidentally turn it off once or twice, but the button is sort of depressed into the iron so it doesn't happen terribly often. It would've been smarter to put it on the inside of the iron though.

Oh, and it heats up in about 15-30 seconds, which is a huge plus.

The only reason I knocked off a lippie was because the outside of the iron where the plates are gets VERY hot - to the point where I could never touch it. This makes some styles a little more difficult, but I've worked around it and it's not a huge deal to me, but if you're kind of clumsy, you might want to pick another iron. Overall, a great iron for half the price of CHI and Sedu. I'll be using it until it straightens/curls its last and I absolutely must buy another.

on 4/30/2010 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this straightener. I was using CHI straightening irons for a while and bought this Babyliss one and it's far superior. Heats very fast, very hot, and does a good job straightening. It's a bit pricey, but definitely worth the money if you want your hair looking good.

on 12/6/2009 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best flat iron I've ever owned. Of course, it's also the most expensive. I've had a Revlon one (was pretty good), a little one from Avon(sucked), And my very first one was by a company whose name I can't remember but the plates started crumbling.

It gets my hair really smooth and straight and a lot faster than any of the other ones did. And I have naturally curly, coarse hair. I've also had it for about 2 years and it's still great. I haven't been rough with it or dropped it, either, though.

I might buy it again. But if it ever craps out on me, I might like to try a GHD.

on 11/28/2009 1:34:00 PM

I think this is probably a good straightening tool for curly or coarse hair - considering the high rating it has received. However I think it's not that great for fine or processed or even just normal hair. I bought this a couple of months ago, and have decided to give it away. I find that even after descending the heat scale progressively in my use of this iron, it is still extremely damaging to my hair. I do not let it linger in my hair, but just smooth it quickly down the length, but it has still caused extensive damage. ( I do color my hair, but no highlights, or even any lightening - just covering grays. And I do not do any other processes at all - except deep conditioning.) I find that it also makes my hair very static-prone and flyaway. But the worst is the breaking and the constant need to trim off fried ends. ( I know what you're thinking, but I am not using this iron incorrectly. I have previously used the Chi and Conair Infiniti without this kind of damage.) I kept trying to make this thing work for me since I had spent so much money on it, and kept lowering the heat until it finally just was not hot enough to do the job at all. But now I just give up on it. It is just entirely too damaging compared with other irons. I would not recommend it - unless your hair is extremely coarse or unruly and stands up well to damage.

on 9/29/2009 10:58:00 PM

Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!! OMG!!! I love this thing. let me preface this by saying that I loved my HAI flat iron. It is still fighting to stay alive, but because I dropped it for the nth time, the plates keep wanting to fall out. The HAI is a good iron. The Babyliss is an AWESOME iron. I just used it for the first time (on pretty high - 40?) and it passed through my hair like butter! Beautiful. My hair is fine and naturally curly, but I still need a high heat to keep it straight and non frizzy. This did the job like nothing I have ever tried before. Bought it off Ebay for a good price and cheap shipping --- I live in Canada.

on 9/23/2009 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I purchased the 1 1/2 inch version.

I have very very thick wavy hair. I was very apprehensive about purchasing this flat iron because I have been very loyal to the chi for years and when I have strayed I have been disappointed.

This is so much better than the chi. Granted, I just got it this afternoon so I have only used it once, but it completely straightened out what the chi has left behind in ugly waviness. I set it on 30, which is below the recommended amount and I used a heat protection spray (treseme) and my hair feels fine, no burnt smell. I also use chi silk infusion after the ironing. I did have to go over the sections more than once or twice, so next time I may set it on a higher level.

My only complaint is not even really a complaint. It is difficult to get the little curls around my face with such wide plates, but that is to be expected and is not a reflection upon the ability of the iron.

Update: the iron has been turning off when not in use (I don't leave it on for long I just have a habit of turning my flat iron on when I start my make-up and straightening when I'm done.) I don't know if this is a technical malfunction or intended. I also recently cut my hair (much shorter than intended) and for these two reasons I may return mine to folica.com and get a 1 1/4 inch. I still love how easily this iron straightens so I will not be switching brands.

I bought my iron from folica.com. It was a little more expensive than from some other websites, but they have a 30 day return policy and as I said, I was scared to stray from the chi.

I love this iron and I recommend it to anyone with difficult to straighten hair.

on 8/26/2009 4:35:00 PM

I have long, thick, curly, frizzy hair and this straightener is amazing! I litterally only need to go over a section once for it to be perfect! It makes my hair so shiny and sleek!

on 8/1/2009 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

OMG this is my HG flat iron! it is absolutely amazing. the best one i have ever tried. it makes my hair so soft and silky. i have recomended it to all my friends and co-workers. you will not regret buying this!

on 7/23/2009 1:28:00 PM

Two years ago, I bought a CHI on Amazon.com, only to have it inexplicably break down seven months later. In the interim, I used a Conair Nano Silver straightening iron from Target and while it got the job done, after about a year, I noticed that its performance began to decline -- I needed to go over portions of hair multiple times to get it straight.

That's when I started researching all over MUA for a new iron. I found that the GHD flat iron is a big favorite around here, but the Babyliss came in a close second. I am not against paying a decent chunk of money for something that will make my hair look fantastic every day, but $245 for a GHD is out of my price range.

In the past seven years, I've tried a cheap Revlon flat iron for $15, a Conair for $80 and a CHI for $120. The Babyliss is a little more expensive than what I've paid for in the past, but I can tell it does a much better job than anything I've used before.

Pros:
1) It heats up almost instantly -- I don't have to wait around for five minutes for the plates to warm up.
2) I only have to go over my hair once and it's completely straight, without having that "fried" look I got from my Conair.
3) It has four temperature settings, which is another reason I was hesitant to buy the GHD -- I know they say that it self-adjusts the temperature based on what your hair needs, but I'm a control freak and need to be able to set it myself. ;)
4) It has a long cord, which is handy when you share a bathroom and constantly have to shuffle around someone else so you can both use the mirror.
5) The titanium plates run through my hair like a hot knife through butter (not to mention they look nicer than ceramic plates)

Cons:
1) The iron can get *very* hot -- I burned my fingers twice in the first week I owned this, just from accidentally brushing my hand against it.
2) It does not have an automatic shut-off feature like my Conair.
3) It's a little heavier than the Conair, but not as heavy as the CHI.

All in all, I am happy with my purchase so far and I'm just crossing my fingers that this will live a longer life than my CHI.

Top Rated Babyliss Products