April 19, 2014 | 1887 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Babyliss - Pro Nano Titanium Straightening Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ageleg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!! OMG!!! I love this thing. let me preface this by saying that I loved my HAI flat iron. It is still fighting to stay alive, but because I dropped it for the nth time, the plates keep wanting to fall out. The HAI is a good iron. The Babyliss is an AWESOME iron. I just used it for the first time (on pretty high - 40?) and it passed through my hair like butter! Beautiful. My hair is fine and naturally curly, but I still need a high heat to keep it straight and non frizzy. This did the job like nothing I have ever tried before. Bought it off Ebay for a good price and cheap shipping --- I live in Canada.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by NikkiDZ07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the 1 1/2 inch version.

I have very very thick wavy hair. I was very apprehensive about purchasing this flat iron because I have been very loyal to the chi for years and when I have strayed I have been disappointed.

This is so much better than the chi. Granted, I just got it this afternoon so I have only used it once, but it completely straightened out what the chi has left behind in ugly waviness. I set it on 30, which is below the recommended amount and I used a heat protection spray (treseme) and my hair feels fine, no burnt smell. I also use chi silk infusion after the ironing. I did have to go over the sections more than once or twice, so next time I may set it on a higher level.

My only complaint is not even really a complaint. It is difficult to get the little curls around my face with such wide plates, but that is to be expected and is not a reflection upon the ability of the iron.

Update: the iron has been turning off when not in use (I don't leave it on for long I just have a habit of turning my flat iron on when I start my make-up and straightening when I'm done.) I don't know if this is a technical malfunction or intended. I also recently cut my hair (much shorter than intended) and for these two reasons I may return mine to folica.com and get a 1 1/4 inch. I still love how easily this iron straightens so I will not be switching brands.

I bought my iron from folica.com. It was a little more expensive than from some other websites, but they have a 30 day return policy and as I said, I was scared to stray from the chi.

I love this iron and I recommend it to anyone with difficult to straighten hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by thenimlike

I have long, thick, curly, frizzy hair and this straightener is amazing! I litterally only need to go over a section once for it to be perfect! It makes my hair so shiny and sleek!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by krispie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG this is my HG flat iron! it is absolutely amazing. the best one i have ever tried. it makes my hair so soft and silky. i have recomended it to all my friends and co-workers. you will not regret buying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by akakris

Two years ago, I bought a CHI on Amazon.com, only to have it inexplicably break down seven months later. In the interim, I used a Conair Nano Silver straightening iron from Target and while it got the job done, after about a year, I noticed that its performance began to decline -- I needed to go over portions of hair multiple times to get it straight.

That's when I started researching all over MUA for a new iron. I found that the GHD flat iron is a big favorite around here, but the Babyliss came in a close second. I am not against paying a decent chunk of money for something that will make my hair look fantastic every day, but $245 for a GHD is out of my price range.

In the past seven years, I've tried a cheap Revlon flat iron for $15, a Conair for $80 and a CHI for $120. The Babyliss is a little more expensive than what I've paid for in the past, but I can tell it does a much better job than anything I've used before.

Pros:
1) It heats up almost instantly -- I don't have to wait around for five minutes for the plates to warm up.
2) I only have to go over my hair once and it's completely straight, without having that "fried" look I got from my Conair.
3) It has four temperature settings, which is another reason I was hesitant to buy the GHD -- I know they say that it self-adjusts the temperature based on what your hair needs, but I'm a control freak and need to be able to set it myself. ;)
4) It has a long cord, which is handy when you share a bathroom and constantly have to shuffle around someone else so you can both use the mirror.
5) The titanium plates run through my hair like a hot knife through butter (not to mention they look nicer than ceramic plates)

Cons:
1) The iron can get *very* hot -- I burned my fingers twice in the first week I owned this, just from accidentally brushing my hand against it.
2) It does not have an automatic shut-off feature like my Conair.
3) It's a little heavier than the Conair, but not as heavy as the CHI.

All in all, I am happy with my purchase so far and I'm just crossing my fingers that this will live a longer life than my CHI.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 7:13:00 AM More reviews by jse23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using this once, I immediately tossed my cheap Remington wet2straight and vowed to never use a drugstore iron again! This heated up in literally seconds, straightened perfectly, did not pull once, and left my hair shinier and softer. I'm hooked! Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it to curl.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by thanhstah

Overall this iron is nice. It straightens and curls as wanted. BUT! my hair gets caught on the edges of the plate. It tugs it and pulls it out! It's painful, I do NOT recommend this iron.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Erica3292

I got the 1" ultra thin titanium from Follica.com. They had a huge sale and I got it for $88 including shipping. I have owned 2 Chi Irons and both have broke shortly after the 1 year warranty. This flat iron gets hot very quick and I was able to straighten my hair much faster than with the Chi. It was hot and humid today. Normally, my hair would be frizzy and slightly wavy at the ends at the end of the day. Not today. My hair stayed straight and looked awesome all day. This comes with a 4 year warranty. I definately believe you get what you pay for when it comes to flat irons. Don't waste your money on any other one-the Babyliss is awesome =D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by CRAZY4MAKEUP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the 1" titanium iron. It was around 100 bucks. The only reason why I considered this one over a Chi was because I've heard so many people tell me how their's broke within 6 months.
It heats up fast.
It only took 15 min. to do my hair vs. 30.
soft and silky
I'm just worried that it will damage my hair. So I keep it at 30-35
for the money it should come with a heat protecting pouch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I have straight hair, but it gets bendy/wavy at the ends. I was looking for a mini flat iron to straighten out my bangs so that they stay sleek and side-swept and found this on sale at TJ Maxx for $24.99. This straightens small sections of hair perfectly without frying it and the size allows you to get close to the scalp. I don't notice more shine, but my hair is pretty shiny already. It heats up very quickly and never feels too hot (there are some flat irons this size that you need thermal gloves to hold!) I hope this is durable, because now I've gotten used to how good my bangs look and don't want to pay the full retail price for this baby.