Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Straightening Iron

4.5

on 6/19/2011 7:39:00 PM

For years, I used the original Chi for my hair. Then, about two years ago, at the suggestion of my hair stylist (after she noticed my lovely split ends), I decided to purchase the BaByliss straightener. And I can say... I'm SO happy I did.

The Chi was beyond damaging to my hair. There were times I would actually hear strands of hair screaming in surrender as they were being separated mid-strand. Granted, with any type of hair tool that heats your hair, you're going to have damage. The damage with this, however, has been greatly reduced. It literally glides over my hair.

I have baby-fine hair that can tend to get a little unruly (sexy, I know), so I really just use this on its lowest setting (of which there are five), in order to smooth out my frizzies.

Also, it's pretty durable. When it's on the bathroom counter and in my husband's way, I mysteriously find it on the floor later that evening in some awkward position. When I question the hubster, I'm met with a shoulder shrug and mumble of "I dunno." I can, however, tell it hasn't been gently and lovingly placed on the ground. There are a few areas of paint missing, but the plates haven't popped out as they did with my Chi. Due to its durability, I think my husband has turned its destruction into a personal challenge. (If he breaks it, his shake-weight is history).

The only down-side is the location of the power button. I can't tell you the number of times I've been happily straightening my hair, when, what the??... I find myself just running unheated titanium plates down my hair. On the bright side, even then it doesn't rip my hair from my tender scalp.

Anyhoo, if you have a Chi, toss it in the trash and try your hand at this li'l guy.

on 2/7/2011 8:25:00 PM

this is legit the best straightener ive ever used. my moms boss got her one for her birthday about a year ago and i love it. ive never owned a chi, but my friends who do say that it works better than any chi theyve ever used. i really like the titanium plates & i wish other brands would try it, i havent been able to find a decent brand with titatium plated irons. i dont have my own, but i was at tjmaxx today & i bought a babyliss ceramic straightener & it works just as well. overall this brand is my favorite.

LOVE this straightener! I have thick, wavy, long hair and can straigten my whole head in 10-15 minutes with this. It seems to give my hair a nice shine, too. I've tried tons of other (more expensive) straighteners, and the babyliss nano titanium pro is by far my favorite. I bought it on Amazon.com for around $75, which isn't cheap, but I find it to be a really great value, considering it works just as well if not better than the Chi, which is double the price.

One word of warning: it gets super hot, so be careful, and also be sure to move it quickly through your hair so you don't create crease lines in your hair.

Happy straightening!

on 7/16/2010 5:54:00 PM

I have very thick, coarse, brittle Asian hair that this difficult to style. I bought this per a Youtuber's suggestion, and found it on Amazon.com for $60 (no way was I dropping hundreds of dollars). For what I paid and the product I got, I am definitely pleased. It does the job of straightening, and with the right technique and practice, I can also do any kind of curl that a normal curling iron can do. It's basically my all-in-one heat styling tool. I wouldn't be able to live without this! I especially like the extra-long plates because I have such dense hair. I tried my mom's Sedu iron and I would have to do painfully small sections because when I would clamp down, the hair would spread out past the plates. Not so with my Babyliss. I can do the job in half the time. It's lightweight and very thin, so my arms don't tire easily from styling.

Also, it has adjustable heat settings to accomodate different hair types. Higher heat for dense hair (like mine - I keep it at 325-350) or lower for finer hair. The power button is on the side of the iron, so you might accidentally turn it off once or twice, but the button is sort of depressed into the iron so it doesn't happen terribly often. It would've been smarter to put it on the inside of the iron though.

Oh, and it heats up in about 15-30 seconds, which is a huge plus.

The only reason I knocked off a lippie was because the outside of the iron where the plates are gets VERY hot - to the point where I could never touch it. This makes some styles a little more difficult, but I've worked around it and it's not a huge deal to me, but if you're kind of clumsy, you might want to pick another iron. Overall, a great iron for half the price of CHI and Sedu. I'll be using it until it straightens/curls its last and I absolutely must buy another.

on 4/30/2010 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this straightener. I was using CHI straightening irons for a while and bought this Babyliss one and it's far superior. Heats very fast, very hot, and does a good job straightening. It's a bit pricey, but definitely worth the money if you want your hair looking good.

on 12/6/2009 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best flat iron I've ever owned. Of course, it's also the most expensive. I've had a Revlon one (was pretty good), a little one from Avon(sucked), And my very first one was by a company whose name I can't remember but the plates started crumbling.

It gets my hair really smooth and straight and a lot faster than any of the other ones did. And I have naturally curly, coarse hair. I've also had it for about 2 years and it's still great. I haven't been rough with it or dropped it, either, though.

I might buy it again. But if it ever craps out on me, I might like to try a GHD.

on 11/28/2009 1:34:00 PM

I think this is probably a good straightening tool for curly or coarse hair - considering the high rating it has received. However I think it's not that great for fine or processed or even just normal hair. I bought this a couple of months ago, and have decided to give it away. I find that even after descending the heat scale progressively in my use of this iron, it is still extremely damaging to my hair. I do not let it linger in my hair, but just smooth it quickly down the length, but it has still caused extensive damage. ( I do color my hair, but no highlights, or even any lightening - just covering grays. And I do not do any other processes at all - except deep conditioning.) I find that it also makes my hair very static-prone and flyaway. But the worst is the breaking and the constant need to trim off fried ends. ( I know what you're thinking, but I am not using this iron incorrectly. I have previously used the Chi and Conair Infiniti without this kind of damage.) I kept trying to make this thing work for me since I had spent so much money on it, and kept lowering the heat until it finally just was not hot enough to do the job at all. But now I just give up on it. It is just entirely too damaging compared with other irons. I would not recommend it - unless your hair is extremely coarse or unruly and stands up well to damage.

on 9/29/2009 10:58:00 PM

Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!! OMG!!! I love this thing. let me preface this by saying that I loved my HAI flat iron. It is still fighting to stay alive, but because I dropped it for the nth time, the plates keep wanting to fall out. The HAI is a good iron. The Babyliss is an AWESOME iron. I just used it for the first time (on pretty high - 40?) and it passed through my hair like butter! Beautiful. My hair is fine and naturally curly, but I still need a high heat to keep it straight and non frizzy. This did the job like nothing I have ever tried before. Bought it off Ebay for a good price and cheap shipping --- I live in Canada.

on 9/23/2009 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I purchased the 1 1/2 inch version.

I have very very thick wavy hair. I was very apprehensive about purchasing this flat iron because I have been very loyal to the chi for years and when I have strayed I have been disappointed.

This is so much better than the chi. Granted, I just got it this afternoon so I have only used it once, but it completely straightened out what the chi has left behind in ugly waviness. I set it on 30, which is below the recommended amount and I used a heat protection spray (treseme) and my hair feels fine, no burnt smell. I also use chi silk infusion after the ironing. I did have to go over the sections more than once or twice, so next time I may set it on a higher level.

My only complaint is not even really a complaint. It is difficult to get the little curls around my face with such wide plates, but that is to be expected and is not a reflection upon the ability of the iron.

Update: the iron has been turning off when not in use (I don't leave it on for long I just have a habit of turning my flat iron on when I start my make-up and straightening when I'm done.) I don't know if this is a technical malfunction or intended. I also recently cut my hair (much shorter than intended) and for these two reasons I may return mine to folica.com and get a 1 1/4 inch. I still love how easily this iron straightens so I will not be switching brands.

I bought my iron from folica.com. It was a little more expensive than from some other websites, but they have a 30 day return policy and as I said, I was scared to stray from the chi.

I love this iron and I recommend it to anyone with difficult to straighten hair.

on 8/26/2009 4:35:00 PM

I have long, thick, curly, frizzy hair and this straightener is amazing! I litterally only need to go over a section once for it to be perfect! It makes my hair so shiny and sleek!

Popular Hair Styling Tools