December 20, 2014 | 1253 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by kathy_in_california

Estee Lauder's Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia is a perfect blend of tuberose and gardenia - very true and not at all cloying. Beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely Summer perfume which develops beautifully on my skin. I can't smell any neroli in the topnotes, but the opening burst of lilac is truly beautiful. My favourite part of Tuberose Gardenia is the first hour when it is a blend of lilac and orange blossom on my skin. It develops into a very elegant gardenia with just a little jasmine - I can't detect any tuberose - and finally dries down into a light vanilla-based floral. Lasts about 4 hours on me and has only moderate sillage. Gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gardenia/Tuberose and I have a love/hate relationship. I love the smell of fresh tuberose and living in Hawaii I know exactly what that smells like-absolutely beautiful. Lot of fragrances with tuberose however, end up smelling cloying and horrid and nothing like the real thing. That was one of the reasons why for the longest time I dismissed this scent as yet another cloying, overhyped, overpriced disaster. However, I was killing some time at Nordstrom's the other day and decided to try it for the heck of it. Whow! This is gorgeous! Smells exactly like real flower which I adore. I only tried it once so I would definately need to try it several times before buying it since its pretty pricey. Unfortunaly, I already know that my DF is going to hate it since he can't stand anything with gardenia. Sign. Perhaps I can wear it at work or something because I'm itching to buy it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE most gardenia products if done right, which I really wanted and hoped for from this. I purchased the fragrance and lotion and the lotion (in the container) smells like my wedding flowers - 100% gardenia bouquet and since it was in Hawaii, tuberose leis. Should be perfect, but on my skin smells like aldehydic rubber! I am so disappointed but it makes me appreciate the beauty of Marc Jacobs even more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am not a white flower gal, but that does not keep me from appreciating a well done white flower. Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia is one of the best in its category. It is very elegant (no indoles here) and sophisticated, yet has a very natural and uncontrived feel. To my nose it is more gardenia, and I would say that the supporting role is being played by jasmine rather than tuberose. I have never purchased it, did not even wear the many samples I have received, but I would purchase it as a gift. Would make a terrific mother's day present to a white flower loving mom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

I do like this fragrance very much. It does not smell a lot like gardenias to me though, but it is still a lovely sweet smell. People always ask me what I am wearing when I have it on, and they tell me how nice I smell. So yep, will buy it again.
Update:
Oh me, or my, it is time to buy more of this one, or another bottle of Beautiful...I do so love them both and wish I were not out of both at the same time!! Which to buy first?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

Straight up Gardenia ,straight up tuberose and nothing much in between is what I get and how beautifully simple and just plain beautiful this is. I love it.
So......there is carnation in this , how lovely- it's one of my favourite notes ever.

Update ...
I have always loved this scent but I continued to search for that 'perfect' gardenia in a fragrance. Some are too harsh ,some plain weird, some synthetic in smell and then I returned to this . And how I 've come to appreciate it even more as an extremely well done gardenia perfume. Nothing really comes close ,for me.
On me it is mainly neroli and lots of fresh gardenia blooms with some vanilla orchid thrown in - like I am holding a bouquet of freshly cut gardenias.
I know I have said this before about other scents but I think I really found 'the one'.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the EDP. I found this fragrance to be subtle and linear, a fragrance that can be worn anywhere. I think it smelled good but not good enough for me to purchase. Considering the price as well as the exclusiveness of Tuberose Gardenia, I was expecting much more. The lasting power was decent and although I liked how this smelled, I myself don't want to smell like this fragrance. I won't be purchasing a full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Butterfly65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just got this for Christmas after smelling it on a friend. I have never been so excited to wear a new fragrance before. LOVE IT! My husband thought it was a bit overpowering when it first goes on, but give it a few minutes and it's SO beautiful. Makes me feel SO beautiful too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by chamade

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Loooove this dry gardenia scent. Not suffocating like Marc Jacobs. Too bad DH said it smelled gasoline, or petro-chemical on me....