October 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Loose Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Matte Finishing Veil

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by mamzaile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Didn't do much for me. It's hard to notice any difference when you put it on and it's hard to know if you succeeded to get any of the product out of the package. I don't wear enough makeup to say if it helps to keep makeup on and in place, all I can say is that it doesn't break me out. I still feel like I've wasted money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by rachel89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite alternative to BE mineral veil!

PRICE: Around $12 for 0.58oz (not the cheapest, but compared to BE it's a steal! I usually wait for 40% off, BOGO50% or something similiar)

PACKAGING: Hate hate hate the original packaging. (The only reason it gets a 2 for packaging is because its silver/clear, my favorite combo for makeup containers.) I hate flow-through brushes anyways, so maybe I'm prejudiced. Anyways, I just unscrew the lid/brush top part and tap the powder into my BE mineral veil jars. I also use my own kabuki brush to apply, since the included brush is rough.

PRODUCT: Great product :) I use it with Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder, and it gives all my makeup this flawless, airbrushed look. It also does help control oil a bit, but doesn't prevent all shine (then again, what does!). Be careful about reapplying this too much throughout the day, though - it can quickly go from natural look to the just-fell-face-first-into-flour look (not attractive!).

Overall - my favorite BE alternative so far. The only reason I wouldn't rebuy was if I found something just as good for even cheaper. Till then it's my HG finishing powder!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by thea18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is really hard to get out of the tube! I could never tell if powder was coming out or not. It did give a nice poreless appearance to my face, but it did nothing in terms of oil control, which I was looking for. Also seems to make my face look a little bit powdery and whit, even though I barely applied any product. Points for being all organic, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by cher13

When I first bought this I was hoping for a nice powder that would lessen the oil which collected on my face during work and I found that it was not very good in controlling it. However, I have yet to try it over my new mineral foundation, so I'm not done yet. I'll come back and post how it went.

UPDATE: I finally decided that my ratings for this product has not changed. My sister said that she noticed the powder wear off in patches and become uneven. This is a let-down for me, but I'm still willing to try other Physician Formula products.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by afaceofsmile

I bought this a few days ago to wear over the Mineral Wear Loose Powder. It goes on very smoothly and I like that it's not overly matte like some powders so it still looks natural. It's hard for me to explain how, but this seems to give a slightly more "made up" look than just the loose powder alone, but not in a bad way. I plan to use this on most days, and I'm sure I'll repurchase (if it ever runs out), butI'm only giving this four lippies because it doesn't control oil quite as much as I had hoped and the packaging is pretty lousy. I guess PF assumes their products' containers are eye catching or trendy, but in my opinion, it makes them look cheap. They should try to match the quality of the packaging to the quality of the product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 More reviews by bygracealone

I love this. If my skin is being particularly oily, it's a nice finish to the mineral loose powder foundation. It goes on light, covers up oily spots, and just gives a nice healthy finish without making my face look like it's covered in a mask

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 5:25:00 AM More reviews by jujujulie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My first PF product and I am very pleased. As I have pale skin, it took awhile for me to notice how well it hid my freckles and pores (or maybe it just took a long time for the proper amount of powder to come out of the brush)!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked the results in terms of how it looked on my face and I like the portability of the packaging (I didn't have any problems with the brush at all, honestly), but I didn't like how it made me break out. Definitely a deal-breaker for me, so I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by juliastl27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this stuff is great. It matches my skin and goes on very nicely. I have complaints about the brush like some other people, but I just use my own brush now. It feels very light on the skin. Great bargain for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this stuff. It sets my makeup and keeps down the shine. It doesn't break me out or settle in my pores. My skin looks great after I use it. I have it in translucent and its the perfect shade to accompany PF mineral wear foundation. The brush is a bit annoying as the powder has a hard time coming out, but nothing I can't tolerate. It also contains a mirror on the side of the jar, though I don't really need to use it. A bit pricey, but worth it.