Giorgio Armani Master Corrector

4.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alumina, Ozokerite, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, [+/- May Contain: Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Ci 77491/Iron Oxides, Ci 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, Mica].

on 8/18/2013 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the best corrector I've tried. I've used Bobbi Brown and Erase Paste and Laura Mercier before, and they all shared the same problem: bad texture. They looked cakey, hard to apply because they were so thick so I'd be pulling under my eye trying to get everything in place, some of them dried to a powdery finish which does not look natural at all.

But on to this Armani corrector. It's like water, it's super pigmented and blends effortlessly. BTW I own shade #2 I think, the orange one. I've used it every day for the last several months. I can't imagine doing my makeup without it, it just looks odd. I have severe dark circles of purple blue color over my crazy pale skin. After I apply and blend this I do my foundation and then pat a tiny amount over the corrected areas and it tones my skin back to normal without the dark circles.

Anyway, Yes I will buy this again and again. It doesn't look like I've made a dent in the bottle so far and it's been 3 months of use.

HG! HG ! HG ! I bought this with the suggestion of a lovely lady from boards , I am not exaggerating - i am super grateful to her. The master corrector in #2 is a must have if you are looking to cover "brown" dark circles , acne scars.

Product details
Color : peachy-orange
Pigmentation : highly pigmented
finish : natural
shimmer ? : there are light reflecting particles in it, they aren't very obvious unless you look closer
photographs : natural
Application : Its a bit tricky, takes time to figure out the right amount that works for you. Very easy to over do , hence start slow and build up.ALso, it kind of dries fast, so blend faster with your fingers. Best applied with - fingers .

Dark Circles :
I have allergic shiners, hereditary dark circles and on top that I never used spf eye cream, so it kinda gave me brownish panda eyes. I had like most obvious panda eyes and I had people asking me if was okay since I looked stressful.

In my experince I have never used a corrector, I used to apply only concealer and obviously my undereye area ended up looking ashy. And believe me when I say, it photographed very awfully, (twice as bad on the photos) . Enter giorgio armani orange corrector - voila, I dint even need to double up with the concealer. I would dot little bit - little bit only, you wont need much, it takes time to get used to the amount you need to cover your dark circles.
I would dot around my eyes and blend with my finger. I would then apply translucent powder to set off and - my dark circles are concealed about 80-90%. I am happy with that. I don't ususally double with a concealer unless I am attending some wedding or important meeting.

Acne Scars : Love this one for my browinsh acne scars. Application is very tricky for acne scars. I love to use this under brighter sunlight because it is very easy to over do this. I use this after using my Bourjois foundation.

Cons :
the packaging is a little bit flimsy, it kind of leaks out if I dont put it in a upright container

I would definitely buy it again and again.

on 6/5/2013 10:48:00 PM

after reading the few reviews on this, I finally went to purchase this. I am a student with hereditary under eye circles. I get a decent amount of coverage with a concealer but we can still see a bit of darkness passing through in the afternoon. I purchased this in Holt Renfrew (I live in Canada) and it retails around 43$. I bought the orange colored one. It looks really expensive in this small tube but you only use a little bit everytime and it'll last you for a long time. So it's worth it. It gives great correction. I have asian yellow undertone and brown-purple-ish dark circles. On good days, one coat of this is enough. On bad days (exam periods), two coat of this and a coat of concealer covers my dark circles and make me look as if I slept a good 10 hours of sleep (when I probably had about half of that). It stays on the whole day. And the best thing is : IT DOES NOT CREASE into my lines. I have these weird wrinkles/folds under my eyes (and i'm only 22) and it's super hard to find something that doesn't crease. (if any of you were wondering, the concealer i'm using is the Diorskin Sculpt lifting smoothing concealer: a great concealer that doesn't settle in wrinkles (if you don't use too much)). Also, this corrector is thin and liquidy and it stays flat under your concealer and does cake up. I absolutely recommend Giorgio Armani Master Corrector to anyone with dark circles that need an extra push with their concealor.

on 5/28/2013 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a review specifically for the 'orange' shade.
This is an ingenious product! It is essentially acts like a very pigmented, liquidy primer (as it doesn't crease, but a little goes a very long way). It comes in 4 shades; pink, yellow, green and orange. I have the orange one for my under eye dark circles. Doesn't crease, stays put all day, but covers my horrendous, genetic dark circles flawlessly. you only need a few tiny dots under your eyes. I blend it in with the beauty blender, as I do with practically everything these days. I'm an NC15, so this is far too dark for my skin (I would say it would suit a NC30-35 by MAC). So I have to go over it with another concealer that is my skin tone. My favorite ATM is MAC Pro Long wear concealer in NC15. Helps brighten the area fantastically, stays put all day and creases very minimally. I highly recommend using a brightening, or just a light colored concealer under your eyes on top of this corrector, as the corrector will CORRECT the darkness under your eyes, but not BRIGHTEN.
This stuff is very liquidy, which really helps it not crease and not look heavy or cakey.
I will continue to use and will 100% repurchase, maybe even also try the pink shade.
If you're looking for something to conceal your dark circles, and have tried everything but hated it cause it creases and looks cakey (story of my life), try this. Just make sure to have another light concealer on hand to go on top of this (recommend the mac pro long wear).
Good luck!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS! I've been using this for more than 4 months and I'm left with about 20% of the product. I use this about 6 days every week and I reckon it will finish by the sixth month, just the right use-by period for a liquid concealer. Am using the orange shade (I have a yellowish skin tone) and my ring finger to gently pat in the product onto my crazy dark circles. The consistency is quite thin you'd think it won't do much, but it's so highly pigmented that a little goes a long way. It makes my skin in that area look dewy as well. I know this is not the most affordable concealer but hey, it does what it is supposed to do!

UPDATE: Was just given a tip on how to make this blend even better and had to share this on MUA! So you dab the concealor on your under eye, leave it, dab it on the other eye, come back to this eye and pat it in (it would have been semi dried by then), and voila, it takes just a few seconds to blend beautifully and cover the dark circles!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I purchased this in shade no.2 after hearing raves on the makeup board. I'd been using bobbi browns peach corrector and wanted to try something new. The armani is a little darker than the BB. The shade worked well on my nc42 skintone and created a nice brightened look. I'm giving it a 3 rating because it's expensive, and I found that my concealers creased/faded when I used this under, and I tried it with several dif. concealers.

on 5/8/2013 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm NC15 and got it in #1 for my brown undereye circles. This is a pigmented pink corrector that IMO can't be used as a concealer. A concealer still has to go on top as this turns my undereye circles an alarming coral-brown shade. Thankfully, the coral shade disappears when concealer is applied on top!

I like the brush as it is thin and allows precise application of corrector. However, I will use a concealer brush to spread it out evenly. I don't use a lot, a few dots are enough to spread over my circles. This is a great base for applying concealer as it doesn't settle into lines, crease or cake. Concealer won't slide off or crease because of it.

I'm deducting 1 lipstick as my undereye circles don't seem to be that well corrected despite layering high coverage concealers over - maybe the shade doesn't suit me (but peach/orange/salmon correctors like BB light peach or Benefit's Erase Paste don't exactly work for me too D-:) There is an improvement as opposed to wearing just concealer alone though... I will be looking for a yellow corrector next as I heard that it's better for brown undereye circles.

on 5/2/2013 6:56:00 PM

This is wonderful for correcting the blue tint under my eyes. Great product

on 5/2/2013 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a review for the Master Corrector in #2 - orange.

My skin tone is around and NC30 and I have yellow undertones with browny looking dark circles. I naturally have very dark circles that are quite brownish. I've tried several different concealers and correctors - MAC select cover up, Maybelline age rewind (sponge tip applicator), Maybelline cover stick concealer, Maybelline fit me - and none of them have ever dimished my dark circles or even hid them, they only made my undereyes look unnatural and weird-looking as my undereyes are BROWNY, not blue-ish. I can't remember where I saw this but I knew I had tot have it. I had my eye on it for about half a year before I decided to buy it due to its price, but I am SO HAPPY I bought it. It's the best makeup item I have ever purchased. When you first apply it, it goes on very orange and I initially thought I'd have to apply a normal concealer/foundation that is my shade to hide the orangey-ness, HOWEVER once you start to blend it in (I just used my finger) the orange goes away and blends like a dream and for once, I can truly say my dark circles are GONE! It has a very very slight shimmer to it which is not noticeable at all! I only noticed it when I was wiping the concealer and I could see slight shimmer residue under my bathroom light.

In summation, I am completely in love with this product and would definitely repurchase this again with no hesitation! Ah no more cakeyness or weird unnatural looking under-eyes!

Note: #1 (pink) is recommended for those with blue-ish undereyes and #2 (orange) is recommended for those with brownish undereyes.

Also, if you have purchased the orange one and you find it makes your undereyes look hollow or "sunken in", chances are you are much better suited to the pink shade! x

on 3/8/2013 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in shade no.1, and it's amazing it neutralises my dark circles, it feels beautiful on the skin, it blends like a dream:) it also doesn't crease and I add concealer on top and somehow it acts like a primer in preventing the added concealer from creasing.

Popular Primer/ Correctors